Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GX Models > GX - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2010 Gx460

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-08, 08:15 PM   #31
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (2)
 
Pearlpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 7,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spwolf View Post
7/8 LX indeed... still truck based.

Smaller engines, size, price... pretty much it.
yep, could not agree more.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
__________________
GX470 w/dual exhaust, KNN CAI, 55w HIDs &35w HID fogs,LED side markers, Vaistech, etc. AMG E55 10sec, with no cheater gas, other project cars.
Z32 Project-800hp track car.
Prior, blown GS400, SC430, SC400,SC300, IS300, many others
Pearlpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-08, 12:13 PM   #32
GatorGreg
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 328
Default

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any other vehicles that use an alphaneumric name that have gone "down" with a redesign Seems like they almost always go up incrementally with each redesign as a sign of the vehicle getting "better" with a bigger displacement engine (e.g., LX450, 470, 570; Ferrari 308, 328, 348, 355, 360, 430).

GX470 > GX460
__________________
2003 Dorado Gold Pearl GX (2003 Four Wheeler & 4x4 of the Year)
nav/ml/3rdrow/spoiler/18"T4Rwheels
WHEEL PICS OFF-ROADING PICS

Last edited by GatorGreg; 09-23-08 at 12:18 PM..
GatorGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-08, 12:47 AM   #33
Trexus
Moderator
Trader Score: (0)
 
Trexus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: California
Posts: 3,908
tacademia@aol.com
Send a message via AIM to Trexus Send a message via Yahoo to Trexus
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorGreg View Post
Off the top of my head, I can't think of any other vehicles that use an alphaneumric name that have gone "down" with a redesign Seems like they almost always go up incrementally with each redesign as a sign of the vehicle getting "better" with a bigger displacement engine (e.g., LX450, 470, 570; Ferrari 308, 328, 348, 355, 360, 430).

GX470 > GX460
Good observation. One model's alphanumeric name that has gone "down" would be with the IS model. The first generation was the IS 300 (in the US, outside the US there was the IS 200). Then the second generation we got the IS 250 and of course the IS 350. Maybe the second generation GX we'll get the GX 460 and the GX 570? Who knows, we'll have to wait and see what Lexus does...
__________________


2014 Starfire Pearl GX 460
2011 Smokey Granite Mica CT 200h

1998 Red SC 400 - Gone but definitely not forgotten
1996 Star Sapphire Pearl GS 300 - Gone but not forgotten
1996 Classic Green Pearl ES 300 - 400,697 miles R.I.P.
Trexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-08, 09:28 AM   #34
GatorGreg
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexus View Post
Good observation. One model's alphanumeric name that has gone "down" would be with the IS model. The first generation was the IS 300 (in the US, outside the US there was the IS 200). Then the second generation we got the IS 250 and of course the IS 350. Maybe the second generation GX we'll get the GX 460 and the GX 570? Who knows, we'll have to wait and see what Lexus does...
Yeah I had thought of the IS and I was going to put a little disclaimer above about how I was excepting vehicles where they got a smaller engine option IN ADDITION to the incrementally larger engine, but I didn't because I was too lazy
__________________
2003 Dorado Gold Pearl GX (2003 Four Wheeler & 4x4 of the Year)
nav/ml/3rdrow/spoiler/18"T4Rwheels
WHEEL PICS OFF-ROADING PICS
GatorGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-08, 05:52 AM   #35
CdeFabio
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
CdeFabio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 607
Default

I talked to the Sales Manager last night at my dealer and he said to look for it late next year. He also said the electronic fold down 3rd row seat will fold completely flat in the back so you will not lose any space back there when the seats are not being used. Not sure what they are going to do with the spare tire... He also said the transmission and drive train will be completely different. Everything else he said is the same as what was previously posted here.
__________________
2015 GX 460 Luxury Starfire Pearl

2012 GX 460 Premium Starfire Pearl - Sold
2004 GX 470 Blizzard Pearl - Sold
CdeFabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-08, 11:47 AM   #36
kutsyy
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdeFabio View Post
He also said the electronic fold down 3rd row seat will fold completely flat in the back so you will not lose any space back there when the seats are not being used. Not sure what they are going to do with the spare tire...
Well, based on the basic physics, if the 3rd row seat stay inside, it takes space (unless Toyota figured out the way around this basic fact). In order for the seat not to take up space/weight, it has to be left in the garage. Now the question is, what space does it take up.
__________________
Vadim
kutsyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-08, 12:11 PM   #37
btwanky
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 608
Default

hm. wonder if it will come with the 8 speed tranny?
__________________
2008 Obsidian IS-F
2004 Crystal White Mica RX-330


Custom Exhausts and E-cutouts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D86feQwfqLU
btwanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-08, 02:10 PM   #38
jacksonian
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 268
Default

Well maybe we're the only ones, but my wife and I hate the looks of the LX enough for us to go ahead and mark off the '10 GX if that's what it's going to look like. That's a shame. The old LX and GX body styles were so distinctive and masculine. Now the Toyota/Lexus SUV lineup looks soft like big marshmallows to us.

I guess the plus side is that now I can go with a different brand that keeps up more with the technology features that I love. But I'll miss the Lexus ergonomics/functionality.
jacksonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-08, 11:59 PM   #39
malmon
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdeFabio View Post
I talked to the Sales Manager last night at my dealer and he said to look for it late next year. He also said the electronic fold down 3rd row seat will fold completely flat in the back so you will not lose any space back there when the seats are not being used. Not sure what they are going to do with the spare tire... He also said the transmission and drive train will be completely different. Everything else he said is the same as what was previously posted here.
I don't think having a 3rd row seat folding flat to the floor is that difficult to design, we have a honda pilot with this feature together with a full size spare .

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
2008 GX 470 Blizzard Pearl
malmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-08, 02:03 AM   #40
pagemaster
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MIchigan
Posts: 2,025
Default

I have heard some rumors that the new GX will become the GX500. It will use the same 300hp engine from the upcoming 4.7 replacement for the Toyota Tundra.
pagemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-08, 12:54 PM   #41
Trexus
Moderator
Trader Score: (0)
 
Trexus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: California
Posts: 3,908
tacademia@aol.com
Send a message via AIM to Trexus Send a message via Yahoo to Trexus
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagemaster View Post
I have heard some rumors that the new GX will become the GX500. It will use the same 300hp engine from the upcoming 4.7 replacement for the Toyota Tundra.
That would not make sense. If a GX 500 came out then it would have a 5.0 liter engine. If it were going to have the upcoming 4.7 liter engine then it would keep the name GX 470. Otherwise we've been talking about a GX 460 as the thread title suggest or GX 570 with the same engine as the LX 570...
__________________


2014 Starfire Pearl GX 460
2011 Smokey Granite Mica CT 200h

1998 Red SC 400 - Gone but definitely not forgotten
1996 Star Sapphire Pearl GS 300 - Gone but not forgotten
1996 Classic Green Pearl ES 300 - 400,697 miles R.I.P.
Trexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-08, 05:56 AM   #42
CdeFabio
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
CdeFabio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by malmon View Post
I don't think having a 3rd row seat folding flat to the floor is that difficult to design, we have a honda pilot with this feature together with a full size spare.
My parents have a Pilot and I believe the 3rd row seats are very thin compared to the other seats so maybe they will do the same thing with the GX.
__________________
2015 GX 460 Luxury Starfire Pearl

2012 GX 460 Premium Starfire Pearl - Sold
2004 GX 470 Blizzard Pearl - Sold
CdeFabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-08, 08:19 AM   #43
The G Man
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 8,318
Default

Plus the pilot has electronic AWD, which free up a lot of space in the back.
The G Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-08, 12:35 PM   #44
tigmd99
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
tigmd99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,116
Default

Pilot has a fold-flat 3rd row because it has independent rear suspension with AWD. The GX470 has a solid rear axle with 4wd. The solid rear axle is what kills the deal on flat-folding 3rd rows.
__________________
2010 Toyota Prius V ATP Winter Gray w/ Misty Gray - Built 3/10, Delivered 4/10 (daily driver)
2009 Acura TSX Palladium (wife's car)
2008 Toyota Sienna Salsa Red Pearl 2wd Limited (family "land cruiser")

Off-roading Videos of My G
tigmd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-08, 11:11 PM   #45
MrLexIS350
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 46
Default

I was told by a salesman today that a new GX will be ready for 2010. He does not know any specs as far as powertrain, etc goes, but is sure the new GX will be very similar to the LX as far as the exterior design.

Again, not sure how credible the source is, but it's good to hear a new GX is coming out soon. Hopefully they don't ruin it.
MrLexIS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-08, 11:11 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem With my New 2010 LEXUS GX460 Brakes Problems! 10GS450h GX - Second Generation 61 05-16-14 12:09 PM
Feedback on Dealer Situation Please LFIL GX - Second Generation 15 04-01-13 08:07 AM
LF Sport GX 460 for 2013 Craig B GX - Second Generation 57 06-08-12 04:50 PM
Why am I not as EXCITED as you!!?? GX4704ME GS - Fourth Generation 62 03-16-12 08:42 PM
jim falk Lexus of beverly hills. NO DEAL! GoldGS3 CL of Southern California 27 08-29-08 12:48 AM


Tags
2010, 2010gx, 460, 4runner, change, debut, gx, gx460, lexis, lexus, model, picture, redesign, reviews, row, seat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:19 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info