GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

I love my gx

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-03, 08:53 AM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I love my gx

after reading all these ranting threads.. heres my thread...
i love my gx . yes i sold it back...
1) i love my car i drove plenty of other suv's after i sold it back looking for another great vehicle..
i did not find anything as compareable.. these days most people dont have a real suv.. the only real suv would be an escalade or an h2 .. h2's are very impratical.. and excalades didnt have the build quality of the lexus.. testdriveing an escalade we pointed out three flaws to the dealer while we were driveing it.. not good at all.
2) driveing the gx was fun.. now i dont know about you all but when ever i can get off the road thats where i am gonna be .. saying that i took the gx (and an lx in the same place) and they felt great i know any of the other suv's out could handle as much as the gx could
3) the gx has problems yes EVERY FIRST year car does... the gx still has less problems then our 98 e430 which to this day still has problems :-/ ohh well i say get over it
4) with out your truck you will find out how great it is
5) nav owns.. dont knock it you will love it even more when/or if you ever go out of state... so much easyer asking people for their address insted of directions its great... hopefully they got fl updated...
6) i miss my suv.. waiting for the 04's with the kenetic suspension to hit the dealer and then you will see the rest of my posts

so in responce to the other threads.. I love this truck.. and aside from all the complaing its a great vehicle
Old 09-11-03, 05:11 AM
lexurious
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am interested in selling my 03 gx470 back and getting an 04. I am upset about the vibration and that the entire suspension was changed. I took love the gx470 regardless of problems but would like an 04. How much money do you lose when you do something like that? I mean I think I heard the 04 has a $2000 less invoice.

Can I get a buy back????? due to the vibration? or the weight thing? I mean my husband did buy the car and can get a business write off but we bought it last month so was the weight thing resolved by then???? So many questions.....
Old 09-11-03, 08:14 AM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the weight thing has been resolved it was just the first hand full ... around 200-500 vehicles... they fixed that issue very quickly... you may be able to get a buyback on the vibration.. lemon law maybe.. i dont know i very well bout it since the vibration issue isnt really an issue.. granted its there you can feel it but thats just an issue becuase you know it and it doesnt really hinder .. try calling coustomer service about it and tell em how irate you are.. presently westside lexus is buying back 03 gx's at ~ 8k miles fully loaded for 44.. now thats a BIG hit on a brand new vehicle.. considering they are selling em back to people at 46 and a new one is 52 ... they have buyers for these vehicles too!! i was very supprised.. but ohh well ... you can not take the write off becuase the vehicle is underweight.. and for the vehicle buyback we did not loose any money.. i was refunded the full purchase price of the vehicle + my lexus rubber floor mats + tt & L i did not get back my $50 for the personalised plates.. but i am not complaing .. one of the reasons i am gonna get another lexus is becuase of the way they handled the vehicle buyback..
also depending on the weight.. i dont know the present weight of the 04's it maybe cheaper for you to sell your vehicle back and buy a new one solely for the tax wright off... who knows...