GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

vehicle buy back

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-03, 05:32 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default buy back

Originally posted by major1
Johnny Mo,

Please read all the posts & comprehend all the different answers Lexus has been putting out!
Posts relating to: VIBRATION..GVWR...IRS ISSUES...DEBIT CARD...etc...etc...
People are awaiting information and dont get it from Lexus. If they do get an answer it's different depending on what part of the country you are in!
Note I said: "Seems like"
So Johnny Mo.... Please dont tell us to keep the finger pointing to a minimum. I am reporting facts!
Even my dealer is telling me "They dont know what is going on with LEXUS!
Question: What is your relationship to Lexus or a Lexus dealer?
Enquiring minds need to know?
I have read all the threads, and the answers being put out are from varied sources...which you seemed to have lumped under the general umbrella "Lexus"...Based on my experience, we on this site generally have better information than even most dealers do, so to quote them as an authority or in your words as facts is highly suspect.

True you said seems like, but no one was looking at any other option than Lexus being wrong on this one and to be fair I wanted to point out a different opinion...that's all it is my opinion. Where I have information I have always shared it with you guys.

If you are reporting facts, then how come no one knows what's going on and we haven't heard 2 of the same stories.

Even your dealer doesn't know...well like I said usually, we know more than them. As much as everybody likes to think they are a priority on their dealership's mind...trust me once you are "on the road" they've forgotten about your issue...you need to keep on them and Lexus to get results...and maybe there are no answers right now and people need to be patient...again you don't crucify someone (Lexus in this case) who has proven time and again their committment to customer service, because they can't solve a problem as fast as you would like.

As far as my relationship with Lexus or a Lexus dealer goes, instead of trying to call me out on something, why don't you and your inquiring minds go and do your homework first...I have NEVER hidden the fact that my wife works for a dealership. It is because of that I am able to get some of the information that I share with my fellow members. It is also because of that relationship I was able to get a ClubLexus member discount at her dealership. Sorry no conspiracy for you to hang your hat on..you didn't "find me out".

I've been a member and Moderator on CL since the old EZ-board days, so next time you feel the need to call me out in public you'd better check the forum rules first.

Last edited by Johnny Mo; 06-29-03 at 07:09 PM.
Old 06-29-03, 06:53 PM
Knicksfan
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm keeping mine

I'm keeping mine since Lexus is paying me the difference in my taxes. They did offer the buy back (full price paid with all options) regardless of mileage. I thought of taking the money and buying something new but since I got the same "tax break" from Lexus that I would have received if the truck were over 6000 what do I care? I'm happy with the truck and I got a great "discount" now.
Old 06-30-03, 04:25 AM
LexFather

Please sell it then, so someone that WANTS it can have it. Every other thread here is whining about something...

Old 06-30-03, 01:28 PM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

i didnt realize there was still a demand for this vehicle?? our dealer has like 5 or 6 just stitting on their lot waiting to be sold
Old 06-30-03, 01:55 PM
degeester
Rookie

This is not just a IRS section 179 screw up by Lexus and their customers. With the car being 6,000 lbs it is no longer a light duty truck but a car. This affects Lexus/Toyota's corporate average fuel economy (CAFE). Out with the old (2003 GX470) in with the new (2004 LX470?). At least I got to drive it for essentially free for half a year.
Old 06-30-03, 02:47 PM
gx470
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: I'm keeping mine

Originally posted by Knicksfan
I'm keeping mine since Lexus is paying me the difference in my taxes. They did offer the buy back (full price paid with all options) regardless of mileage. I thought of taking the money and buying something new but since I got the same "tax break" from Lexus that I would have received if the truck were over 6000 what do I care? I'm happy with the truck and I got a great "discount" now.
Were you offered the full tax difference during all years of depreciation or just the first year?
Old 06-30-03, 04:29 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Default Re: Re: I'm keeping mine

Originally posted by gx470
Were you offered the full tax difference during all years of depreciation or just the first year?
Good question, but that would assume you were keeping the truck...what's tostop you from selling it and then buying a new one (GX or otherwise) that qualifies for the deduction too. Unless they have made plans for the "credit" every year with some proof of tax filing.
Old 06-30-03, 10:33 PM
LexFather

i didnt realize there was still a demand for this vehicle?? our dealer has like 5 or 6 just stitting on their lot waiting to be sold
The GX is exceeding sales expectations. I forgot the exact number but it is selling very well.

Old 07-01-03, 04:11 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
The GX is exceeding sales expectations. I forgot the exact number but it is selling very well.
And let's be honest. The only people with the problem are the original batch pre-recall. I was one of those few, and never intended to buy the vehicle because I was looking for a big tax savings but because of the vehicle itself and the Lexus nameplate.

If the GX is exceeding sales expectations, the bulk of those people is in my opinion probably post recall.
Old 07-01-03, 06:09 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

I only seen one on my dealers lot and I think it was sold..
Old 07-01-03, 08:45 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by jpa2400
I only seen one on my dealers lot and I think it was sold..
My dealer was able to get my replacement (Read After Market DVD connected to Navigation...Not~) immediately. There were a bunch on his lot, but when I went back a week later, the same set of them is no longer there, but now a different set is.

Since I exchange my GX470 (bought in Dec 2002) for another GX470 (Mid June) if some of the bugs have been worked out midyear. I still don't have a problem with vibration (nor did I before). I don't have the transmission problem I spoke about when the vehicle is cold, put it in reverse, then in drive it appears to double shift before locking in.

Does Lexus fix issues on the line during the same vehicle year?
Old 07-02-03, 03:30 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

“Does Lexus fix issues on the line during the same vehicle year”

In Toyota Production Systems and most other assembly techniques they will contain the vehicles by the lot # and make sure the issues they are aware of are fixed before being shipped as well as making the necessary changes on the line to correct the problem permanently.
Old 07-02-03, 09:52 AM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

does that mean the break clunking is fixed.. or is that one of the things you have to get done by hand?
Old 07-02-03, 10:05 PM
JoshuaBLEU
Driver School Candidate

Default Need all your input.

I have been out of touch with CLUB LEXUS for awhile and have questions on the buy back of the GX. Mine has the original 6,100 vehicle weight. I do not want to settle for the $1,000 Lexus debit card. I just received a letter from my accountatnt telling me how much extra this mistake will cost me in taxes over the next four years. What is my first step in getting Lexus to buy back this vehicle? What 'ammunition' do I need to present to them?

If you would like to message me privately regarding this subject I will give you my private email address in my response.

Other than this paper problem with the vehicle, I really do like it !!

I appreciate all your knowledgeable input

Dave
Old 07-03-03, 04:14 AM
rbridges
Driver School Candidate

with the changes in the tax law, you can deduct up to 100,000 this year; that's your entire vehicle if its GVWR hadn't changed. I believe you need to call Lexus customer support to get the ball rolling, but others here are more experienced. I was lucky enough to cancel my order when I learned about the recall. The dealer didn't even mention it-I happened to read about it on this forum.

Quick Reply: vehicle buy back