Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GX Models > GX - First Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Setting the door lock function

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-07, 01:35 PM   #46
brickauto
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
brickauto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: OH
Posts: 129
Default

I've successfully disabled the all door autolock feature in my GX, thanks for this great FAQ!

This thread should be a STICKY!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
brickauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 03:31 PM   #47
TNGUYEN571
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
TNGUYEN571's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ga
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbach View Post
Got this fron the dealer the other day. You can set the following auto door locking and unlocking functions. All times must be EXACT or it will not work.

(a) Locking linked with the shift position

All the dooor are locked automatically when the selector lever is moved out of the "P" position with the ignition switch in the "ON" position. This is suppose to be the default setting for new vehicles.

(b) Unlocking linked with the shift position

All the door are unlocked automatically when the selector lever is moved to the "P" position with the switch in the "ON" position.

(c) Locking linked with the vehicle speed

All the doors are automatically locked when the vehicle speed reached 12 mph or higher. However, if any door is unlocked during driving, the auto function will not operate until the unlocked door is opened once.

(d) All the doors are unlocked automatically when the driver's door is opened within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned from "ON" to the "ACC" or "LOCK" position.

Setting the functions
1. Close all the doors.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position.
3. Within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned to the "ON" position;
+To set function (a)
Push and hold the front of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector lever in the "P" position.
+To set function (b)
Push and hold the rear of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector switch in the "P" position.
+To set fuction (c)
Push and hold the front of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector switch in any position except "P".
+To set function (d)
Push and hold the rear of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector switch in any position except "P".

All the doors are automatically locked and unlocked when you release the power door lock switch. This indicates that the functions is set. If all the doors do not lock and unlock, the time the switch was held may have been too short or too long. Perform the procedure over again starting at step 1.

If you want to cancel a function, repeat the procedure. Each time you perform the procedure, the function is set or cancelled.
Thank you for the great information.
TNGUYEN571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-09, 11:23 AM   #48
agood1
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 82
Default

This should be a sticky!
__________________
1993 LS400
2004 GX-470
agood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 04:26 AM   #49
ncphoto
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 4
Default

Works great as directed, but does anyone know how to:

(b) Unlocking linked with the shift position

All the door are unlocked automatically when the selector lever is moved to the "P" position with the switch in the "OFF" position only.
In other words if the vehicle is still running, I don't want them to unlock with the kids in the back.

Thanks
ncphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 12:39 PM   #50
ALAN553
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: nj
Posts: 660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncphoto View Post
Works great as directed, but does anyone know how to:

(b) Unlocking linked with the shift position

All the door are unlocked automatically when the selector lever is moved to the "P" position with the switch in the "OFF" position only.
In other words if the vehicle is still running, I don't want them to unlock with the kids in the back.

Thanks
I agree with that, I made it so that doors unlock only when i take the key out and open my door, the rest automatically unlock. Have to open your door within 10 secs of removing the key.
ALAN553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 12:56 PM   #51
BurgBoxstr
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In the garage...
Posts: 681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncphoto View Post
Works great as directed, but does anyone know how to:

(b) Unlocking linked with the shift position

All the door are unlocked automatically when the selector lever is moved to the "P" position with the switch in the "OFF" position only.
In other words if the vehicle is still running, I don't want them to unlock with the kids in the back.

Thanks

You could just engage the child locks in door jamb when desired to accomplish this as the vehicle can't determine if/when kids are/are not in back.

BurgBoxstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-11, 05:53 AM   #52
ncphoto
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgBoxstr View Post
You could just engage the child locks in door jamb when desired to accomplish this as the vehicle can't determine if/when kids are/are not in back.

Yes that would work, but we do have adults in the back as well at times. I just thought there was a solution to when you removed the key all the doors would unlock. My GMC does that, guess Lexus did not have that feature in 03 - 04. But, I'll just leave it to when I open my door they unlock. That work as well.

Thank all!
ncphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-11, 05:56 AM   #53
ALAN553
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: nj
Posts: 660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncphoto View Post
Yes that would work, but we do have adults in the back as well at times. I just thought there was a solution to when you removed the key all the doors would unlock. My GMC does that, guess Lexus did not have that feature in 03 - 04. But, I'll just leave it to when I open my door they unlock. That work as well.

Thank all!
although you cannot set it to unlock when you remove the key, you can set it to unlock when you put it in park
ALAN553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-12, 09:29 PM   #54
Globalinx
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Globalinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: ON
Posts: 243
Default

Finally!!! I almost went to the dealer to get rid of the annoying auto lock function. It had bothered me for just over a year since I got the car. Now I can enjoy the normal way of living
Thanks for the post!

I also would like to know if there is a home remedy for getting all doors unlockd at the same time with a single press of a key button, or I have to go to a dealer for that?
__________________
2000 GS400
1999 RX300 SOLD
2003 GX470
1994 VIPER SOLD
2005 VIPER
Globalinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-12, 08:10 AM   #55
ALAN553
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: nj
Posts: 660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globalinx View Post
Finally!!! I almost went to the dealer to get rid of the annoying auto lock function. It had bothered me for just over a year since I got the car. Now I can enjoy the normal way of living
Thanks for the post!

I also would like to know if there is a home remedy for getting all doors unlockd at the same time with a single press of a key button, or I have to go to a dealer for that?
Don't think so, that feature works that way across the industry, don't want to let a stranger in any of the other doors while you are getting in the car.
ALAN553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-15, 09:39 PM   #56
fjc32
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
fjc32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: ca
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbach View Post
Got this fron the dealer the other day. You can set the following auto door locking and unlocking functions. All times must be EXACT or it will not work.

(a) Locking linked with the shift position

All the dooor are locked automatically when the selector lever is moved out of the "P" position with the ignition switch in the "ON" position. This is suppose to be the default setting for new vehicles.

(b) Unlocking linked with the shift position

All the door are unlocked automatically when the selector lever is moved to the "P" position with the switch in the "ON" position.

(c) Locking linked with the vehicle speed

All the doors are automatically locked when the vehicle speed reached 12 mph or higher. However, if any door is unlocked during driving, the auto function will not operate until the unlocked door is opened once.

(d) All the doors are unlocked automatically when the driver's door is opened within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned from "ON" to the "ACC" or "LOCK" position.

Setting the functions
1. Close all the doors.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position.
3. Within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned to the "ON" position;
+To set function (a)
Push and hold the front of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector lever in the "P" position.
+To set function (b)
Push and hold the rear of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector switch in the "P" position.
+To set fuction (c)
Push and hold the front of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector switch in any position except "P".
+To set function (d)
Push and hold the rear of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector switch in any position except "P".

All the doors are automatically locked and unlocked when you release the power door lock switch. This indicates that the functions is set. If all the doors do not lock and unlock, the time the switch was held may have been too short or too long. Perform the procedure over again starting at step 1.

If you want to cancel a function, repeat the procedure. Each time you perform the procedure, the function is set or cancelled.
Thank you.

I just bought my neighbor's 04 GX. I could not believe for 11 yrs that he did not look into this. Every door was locked and needed to be forced open by door handle. My 14 GX does unlock all doors when shift into P. I thought the 04 was broken. I also went to the dealer to have the steering wheel retract taken out, and one button unlock all doors programed. It was free.

The only thing I may add is using the stop watch function on your iphone to get exactly 5 sec. I tried one thousand one ... That did not work.
__________________
2014 GX460
2000 4Runner Highlander 5sp 4x4
2004 GX470 coming soon
fjc32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-15, 06:55 AM   #57
NTH
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
NTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: MD
Posts: 185
Default

I'm very happy with the "auto lock with lever out of P, and unlock with lever back to P". However, I guess there's no diy for unlocking all doors at once from remote. That calls for a trip to the dealer, I guess.
__________________
'07 GX470: Silver/Grey / Nav / ML aud / 3rd Row / Tow / 20% Tint / Morimoto HID 4300k

A few German air-cooled toys
NTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-15, 11:04 PM   #58
holycowe
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nv
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTH View Post
I'm very happy with the "auto lock with lever out of P, and unlock with lever back to P". However, I guess there's no diy for unlocking all doors at once from remote. That calls for a trip to the dealer, I guess.
Press the remote once, driver door unlock. Press it twice, all doors unlock. That's what I have on our rx330 and gx470
holycowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-15, 04:34 PM   #59
NTH
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
NTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: MD
Posts: 185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by holycowe View Post
Press the remote once, driver door unlock. Press it twice, all doors unlock. That's what I have on our rx330 and gx470
That's pretty standard on all of them. I was referring to unlocking all from one press.
__________________
'07 GX470: Silver/Grey / Nav / ML aud / 3rd Row / Tow / 20% Tint / Morimoto HID 4300k

A few German air-cooled toys
NTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-15, 04:34 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's your (LPS) Lexus Personalized Settings? Batmobile IS - Second Generation 43 08-29-13 11:48 AM
Setting Automatic Door Locking System PapaCat IS - Second Generation 3 10-29-12 10:37 AM
4 hidden door locking/unlocking triggers FunGuy RX - Second Generation 8 01-12-06 08:22 PM
Remote entry on 2001 IS300 amdmonster Maintenance 0 08-07-03 06:34 AM
RX 330: Programming Door Locks Daddy-O RX - Second Generation 2 05-19-03 11:29 AM


Tags
03, 2004, auto, automatic, disable, door, es300, function, gx470, lexus, lock, manual, reprogram, service, setting, settings, unlock

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:51 AM.

Join ClubLexus

Copyright © 2000-2015 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info