Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GX Models > GX - First Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Gas Needle

Old Yesterday, 10:00 AM   #1
vs1979
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

Default Gas Needle

Hi All.

I have GX470 2007 (100k miles) and last weekend I noticed that I drove 60 miles (on streets) and gas needle was down to 1/2 of tank. When I went to gas station to fill up, I was able to get only 5 gallons and tank was full. I drove another 45 miles (on the high way), and needle already was down to 3/4 of tank.

I did not have this problem in the past. I was getting 12-14 miles / gallon on the street and 20 - 21 miles / gallon on the high way.

Is anyone familiar with this situation?

Thank you in advance.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Old Yesterday, 10:35 AM   #2
TaninAuto
Sponsor

TaninAutoElectronix TaninElectronix

http://www.taninautoelectronix.com/L...ter_repair.htm
Racine, WI
Office - 262-456-4147
www.TaninAutoElectronix.com

http://www.facebook.com/TaninAutoElectronix
TaninAuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM   #3
chiph9
Lead Lap

Could also be the sender that is inside the tank. Not sure how to test this, but I suspect it involves putting a voltmeter on the wires and seeing how the measured voltage compares with what the factory service manual says it should be.

Chip H.
Old Yesterday, 11:56 AM   #4
mrblister
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vs1979 View Post
Hi All.

I have GX470 2007 (100k miles) and last weekend I noticed that I drove 60 miles (on streets) and gas needle was down to 1/2 of tank. When I went to gas station to fill up, I was able to get only 5 gallons and tank was full. I drove another 45 miles (on the high way), and needle already was down to 3/4 of tank.

I did not have this problem in the past. I was getting 12-14 miles / gallon on the street and 20 - 21 miles / gallon on the high way.

Is anyone familiar with this situation?

Thank you in advance.
Try disconnecting battery for a reset. I usually show a range of 260 miles after a fill up. After I do the battery reset the range goes up to 349. Then a drive the actual MPG is recorded and the range will lower to what my MPG actually is. Of course you will have to reset windows sun roof
seats and radio stations
2005 SC430 Pebble Beach nav tool back up camera vias sirius radio daizen front & rear anti sway greaseable zerks blitz throttle controler windscreen deflector 8 disk dvd trunk changer dvd/tv tuner in glove box r1 slotted & drilled rotors,axis pads 20 " donz genovese staggered toyo t1 proxies toms tower strut bar cnc aluminum frame stiffiner plates lux link remote start remote top 1/4 window mod phone hack & beat sonic nav overide lots of led bulbs lexus logo door projectors 2004 GX470
mrblister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM   #5
vs1979
Rookie

Recently, I have Timing Belt and Water Pump changed. I am sure that battery was disconnected for more tha 5 minutes. I drove like 150 miles since them. Should I continue drive and see what happens?

Thank you
Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM   #6
mrblister
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vs1979 View Post
Recently, I have Timing Belt and Water Pump changed. I am sure that battery was disconnected for more tha 5 minutes. I drove like 150 miles since them. Should I continue drive and see what happens?

Thank you
Are you sure they disconnected the battery. Did you have to reset your radio stations? Sometimes the dealer may have used a plug in device through the obd connector to keep your settings. I would say drive it till you really need gas and see what the reset range reads
2005 SC430 Pebble Beach nav tool back up camera vias sirius radio daizen front & rear anti sway greaseable zerks blitz throttle controler windscreen deflector 8 disk dvd trunk changer dvd/tv tuner in glove box r1 slotted & drilled rotors,axis pads 20 " donz genovese staggered toyo t1 proxies toms tower strut bar cnc aluminum frame stiffiner plates lux link remote start remote top 1/4 window mod phone hack & beat sonic nav overide lots of led bulbs lexus logo door projectors 2004 GX470
mrblister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM   #7
vs1979
Rookie

I am sure battery was disconnected (all previous destinations disappeared and had to reprogram sun roof).
Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM