GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

No AC or turn signals or fan or heated seats but hazards still working?

Old 05-25-15, 03:38 PM
MidniteGX
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default No AC or turn signals or fan or heated seats but hazards still working?

I'm at a loss. If anyone here has seen this before I'd sure appreciate a shout out.

I've driven home from a tree nursery with a utility trailer - hazards on at about 60kph. Took me about twenty minutes to get home. It's a pretty warm day so AC was on. I turned the hazards off to signal turns and then put it back on when it was straight road.

After disconnecting the trailer and later driving to pick up the kids, I noticed the turn signals wouldn't blink but the hazards would still work. The AC would not respond, nor would any of the climate control buttons. The heated seat controls are dead and also the 12V DC outlet next to the seat switches seems to be dead. However, the airbag compressor control still functions normally, the diff lock button still works fine, the headlights and hi-beams still work as well.

I took a few minutes when I reached the first school to check through the fuse box under the hood but there wasn't anything obvious.

So, my google and forum searches have revealed nothing and I'm about to take my Amazon-bought techstream cd and install it on my old, old laptop and see what kind of interesting things there are to find out.

I'm also considering just removing the negative on the battery to reset the computer. Then, there' s the window thing. ..

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Old 05-25-15, 10:43 PM
MidniteGX
Pit Crew

Tried the battery disconnection but no luck.

Still working on getting Techstream running on the old, old laptop.
Old 05-26-15, 05:54 AM
LexRex
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

Any time I hear the words "Towing" and "electrical problems", I think of the tow harness - especially if it might be aftermarket. Failing that, I would go over the fuses with a fine-toothed comb.
Old 05-26-15, 06:34 AM
MidniteGX
Pit Crew

I totally agree. Fact of the matter is, where the electrical towing harness is concerned, it's a factory installed one.
I've pored over the fuses under the hood. Are there more in another location that I've missed?
Old 05-26-15, 12:36 PM
LexRex
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

The only other fuse box I know of is under the dash by your left knee.
Old 05-26-15, 04:25 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by LexRex
The only other fuse box I know of is under the dash by your left knee.
There are two towing relays in a small box near the battery Remove them and re-insert I would check all fuses with a meter. I have same year truck
Old 05-27-15, 11:31 AM
lepoch
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Does the nav system work? How about the auto-tiltdown driver side mirror when you go into reverse? If so, there's a blown ECU-B fuse: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...use-blows.html
Old 07-20-19, 01:23 PM
daljones
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same problem

I have this same problem! The entire climate control is "dark" getting no power. Turn signals do not work but hazard lights do. Seat heaters do not function. Can't have this in Houston w/o a/c this time of year. This occurred after someone broke into the car and cut the wires (and stole the rain sensor). Also cut the other wire coming out of the headliner to somewhere on the back of the rear view mirror and wires from the back of the mirror to the sensor (?) that attaches on top of where the mirror connects to the windshield. Checked all fuses even semi- related to any of the affected items. I do not have navigation. Is that what connects to the six pins on the back of the mirror? Please help me work toward a solution!
Old 07-21-19, 05:00 PM
MrJason
Lead Lap

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by lepoch
Does the nav system work? How about the auto-tiltdown driver side mirror when you go into reverse? If so, there's a blown ECU-B fuse: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...use-blows.html
This is the correct answer.

And the fuses youd you’d be looking for, if that doesn’t work, are all located in front of your left leg while sitting in the drivers seat. It’s a pull out lid covering them.
Old 07-21-19, 09:15 PM
daljones
Driver School Candidate

Checked all the fuses there including the "B". Worse than that: During a 30 - 40 minute drive today, the vehicle discharged all electrical and the battery (2 months old) to zero. The alternator is no more than 2 years old. Recharged the battery...began discharging again on the way to drop it off a a local Lexus repair shop. Left key in the drop box and have given up for now. The auto tilt outside mirror works by the way.
Old 07-23-19, 02:26 PM
daljones
Driver School Candidate

I stand corrected. The mechanic did find two bad fuses. Alternator had failed and was 4 years old. The vandalism was only coincidental.