GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Putting GX on a lift, does air suspension need to be turned off?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-15, 08:23 PM
buickman69
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Putting GX on a lift, does air suspension need to be turned off?

New to the GX and googled my senario but can't get a straight answer. Vehicle isn't here now to look in the owners manual.
Putting a GX on a lift, does the air suspenion need to be turned off? If so where is the button?
I know the old Fords and Mercurys where like that but wondering how Toyota has this set-up?

Appreciate some help.
Thanks.
Old 03-16-15, 09:13 PM
Barnesie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buickman69
New to the GX and googled my senario but can't get a straight answer. Vehicle isn't here now to look in the owners manual.
Putting a GX on a lift, does the air suspenion need to be turned off? If so where is the button?
I know the old Fords and Mercurys where like that but wondering how Toyota has this set-up?

Appreciate some help.
Thanks.
If the vehicle is off then it doesn't need to be turned off, however if it's running then the air suspension height control needs to be turned off or the bags will blow up...this is my understanding of the system. There is a button labeled "off" right next to the ride height adjustment control on the center console.
Old 03-16-15, 09:20 PM
buickman69
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Barnesie
If the vehicle is off then it doesn't need to be turned off, however if it's running then the air suspension height control needs to be turned off or the bags will blow up...this is my understanding of the system. There is a button labeled "off" right next to the ride height adjustment control on the center console.
Thanks