GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

WeatherTech cargo mat

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-15, 12:36 PM
470reasons
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I like the look of the captive mat install. But there are some weeks that I remove the mat 3 or 4 times for cleaning. For hauling bags of grass clippings and other 'dirty stuff' the mat is fantastic.
Just pull the mat out / hose off / replace / haul more stuff / repeat.
Old 02-04-15, 01:50 PM
LexRex
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

I have the Catch-All cargo mat in my truck. I like it a lot. It has the subtle raised edge, which retains spills and keeps things from rolling out when I open the rear door. It's carpeted, which suits my taste better than the plain rubber/plastic.

I believe it comes with the seat hole cut out, but I got the model without cut-outs. I keep it over the OEM mat and will just pull it out whenever I need to use the third row seats.

I tried the Catch All mats in the front but did not like the fit. I sent them back.

Last edited by LexRex; 02-04-15 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-04-15, 02:13 PM
GXallday
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 3rd row gets used occasionally so I couldn't go without cut outs. So since I had to cut holes, and I almost never need to hose down the mat, i figured I'd install it in.
Old 02-16-15, 09:20 PM
GreatHim
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got my weathertechs in the other day and wow yeah i am so happy with them, i used this thread to cut mine to fit securely in the back, looks factory. and yes they are worth every dime. perfect fitting and they hold the dirt, liquid ect up off the carpets and are easily cleaned.
Old 02-23-15, 04:41 AM
ebradford
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just ordered a set for the front and back seat this morning. This New England winter is really punishing the interior of my GX. I'm looking forward to getting them and retiring the seriously-disgusting carpet floor liners. The problem we are having (and what made me finally decide to pull the trigger on these) is the lingering wet-dog-esque stink that never seems to go away. The carpeted liners never seem to actually dry out since they're wet constantly with snow, slush and other muck. I might look into that rear cargo liner as well, next.
Old 02-24-15, 08:32 AM
GXallday
Driver

Originally Posted by ebradford
Just ordered a set for the front and back seat this morning. This New England winter is really punishing the interior of my GX. I'm looking forward to getting them and retiring the seriously-disgusting carpet floor liners. The problem we are having (and what made me finally decide to pull the trigger on these) is the lingering wet-dog-esque stink that never seems to go away. The carpeted liners never seem to actually dry out since they're wet constantly with snow, slush and other muck. I might look into that rear cargo liner as well, next.
You won't regret it. WeatherTechs are perfect for your winters.
Old 02-25-15, 05:51 PM
Wahevets
Driver School Candidate

Nice job on installing the weather techs they look great. My 06 GX came with the Lexus All weather mats but to tell you the truth I have not really checked them out yet since I picked it on on Valentine's Day Been crazy busy. But agin yous look very nice. I will probably keep the easy remove option as the big lab likes to shed a lot.
Old 02-26-15, 07:58 AM
GXallday
Driver

Originally Posted by Wahevets
Nice job on installing the weather techs they look great. My 06 GX came with the Lexus All weather mats but to tell you the truth I have not really checked them out yet since I picked it on on Valentine's Day Been crazy busy. But agin yous look very nice. I will probably keep the easy remove option as the big lab likes to shed a lot.
Yeah for those of us that don't need to remove it frequently, it works good. If I lived in a muddy or snowy area, I wouldn't install it like that either. But regardless, installed or dropped in, it's a great mat.
Old 03-02-15, 02:42 PM
Jellwood92
Driver School Candidate

I have the same grey interior but im taking a chance and ordered all the Weather tech mats and cargo liner in black. Im hoping it will be a cool accent in the car, but im wondering, has anybody else put black mats on the grey interior and have any pics?
Old 03-02-15, 03:26 PM
NTH
Instructor

Received 128 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Jellwood92
I have the same grey interior but im taking a chance and ordered all the Weather tech mats and cargo liner in black. Im hoping it will be a cool accent in the car, but im wondering, has anybody else put black mats on the grey interior and have any pics?
I have black Weathertechs with dark grey interior. It looks quite nice. Too damn cold to go outside now for pics.
Old 03-02-15, 04:41 PM
Jellwood92
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NTH
I have black Weathertechs with dark grey interior. It looks quite nice. Too damn cold to go outside now for pics.
Awesome! Thanks for the info im pretty pumped to get them. If you do have a chance to post a picture in the next couple of days that would be awesome
Old 03-03-15, 04:31 PM
BCrews
Rookie

Are all weathertech's "digital fit"?

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/WeatherTec...argoliners.htm

Is the best these get about $125 shipped. Seems pricy for a plastic mat, but what do I know.
Old 03-03-15, 07:13 PM
ALAN553
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by BCrews

Is the best these get about $125 shipped. Seems pricy for a plastic mat, but what do I know.
They make generic, cut them yourself all weather mats too, the digital fit liners are not cheap...but they do work.
Old 03-03-15, 10:02 PM
GXallday
Driver

Originally Posted by BCrews

I got mine cheaper directly from weathertech
Old 03-03-15, 10:04 PM
GXallday
Driver

Originally Posted by Jellwood92
Mine is grey interior with all black mats throuout. I always go with black. I love the contrast look. The black mats are already pretty close to the darkish grey interior. So going with grey mats will most likely not match perfectly anyways.

Quick Reply: WeatherTech cargo mat