GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

2004 GX 470 VSC TRAC light on the dash after making a key

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-12, 06:28 AM
Vinniety
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2004 GX 470 VSC TRAC light on the dash after making a key

I had this problem several days ago. VSC TRAC and VSC lights lit up on the dash right after i had a key made from a local key shop. No Check Engine Light and no ABS Light.

I researched this problem on this forum and found posts on how to reset the lights using a jumper wire on port three counting from the left on the top role and number 5 on the bottom role on the DCL scan port under the dash.

The problem is i was finding the posts on different models one was the RX thread and the ports that i need to hook up the jumper wire on the top role number three is blank. Hooking up a jumper to it wont do anything. Who can help me by telling me what ports i need to use the jumper wire to reset these lights???

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-07-12, 11:00 AM
BurgBoxstr
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Most national auto parts stores (O'Rielly's, Advance, AutoZone) will read the OBDII port for free and give you the codes... and reset it if you ask nicely. Having the code is a very good idea to know why it was triggered in the first place. FWIW, I've not heard of getting those lights b/c of a new key - new keys in most cars won't work if they don't have required chip or are not coded to car and vice versa.

Since it's not the airbag light... the other thing you could do is just disco the (-) term of battery for a minute for reset. You'll then have to reprogram the windows, clock and radio presets but that will clear any codes in memory. If the light comes back, you'll need to get the codes read so you know what the issue is and where to start to rectify.

Good luck
Old 06-07-12, 11:18 AM
Vinniety
Driver

Thanks Burg for the info but i have the OBD II scanner and i have no codes that is why i don't have an engine light on. I don't have time now but if you google it there are posts where people have received these lights after using a obdII scanner that somehow maybe didn't have the right update, i really don't have an answer why is causes it but it does.

Originally Posted by BurgBoxstr
Most national auto parts stores (O'Rielly's, Advance, AutoZone) will read the OBDII port for free and give you the codes... and reset it if you ask nicely. Having the code is a very good idea to know why it was triggered in the first place. FWIW, I've not heard of getting those lights b/c of a new key - new keys in most cars won't work if they don't have required chip or are not coded to car and vice versa.

Since it's not the airbag light... the other thing you could do is just disco the (-) term of battery for a minute for reset. You'll then have to reprogram the windows, clock and radio presets but that will clear any codes in memory. If the light comes back, you'll need to get the codes read so you know what the issue is and where to start to rectify.

Good luck
Old 06-09-12, 12:39 PM
ALAN553
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 144 Posts

Day after I read this my dash lights lit up like an Xmas tree. Here in jersey we don't pump our own gas so I rarely try the cap. Seemed like it came off to easy. So I was too busy today to make it over to Lexus for an OEM gas cap so I just flipped the rubber gasket over and the cap fit much tighter. Reset the computer by disconnecting battery and pully fuses and relays. Lights are now gone,I guess we will see if they stay off and If got lucky this time.
Old 06-09-12, 03:30 PM
ALAN553
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by ALAN553
Day after I read this my dash lights lit up like an Xmas tree. Here in jersey we don't pump our own gas so I rarely try the cap. Seemed like it came off to easy. So I was too busy today to make it over to Lexus for an OEM gas cap so I just flipped the rubber gasket over and the cap fit much tighter. Reset the computer by disconnecting battery and pully fuses and relays. Lights are now gone,I guess we will see if they stay off and If got lucky this time.
NOT!! Guess its off to shop for codes and repair.
Old 06-19-12, 12:27 PM
Vinniety
Driver

Well i went ahead and found the correct jumpers to reset the VSC light and its been great for three days so far.
Old 11-13-14, 05:47 PM
UGAdaddy
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Electrical issues, but no check engine light

My dad has a 2005 Lexus GX 470. Out of no where, the VSC TRAC, VSC OFF, and AIRBAG lights came on. The CHECK ENGINE light is off. The screen stopped working but will come on when audio is pressed but then goes back off. The clock reset as well and the remote key lock and unlock no longer works.

I read in another forum another person had this same exact issue and there was a blown fuse under the hood (he didn't say which one). He said he replaced it and it fixed everything for about a minute but then the fuse blew again. I am assuming there is a short somewhere in the system.

I have not had the chance to look at the fuses but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows what the fix was.

Thank you for your help!
Old 11-19-14, 10:32 AM
UGAdaddy
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ISSUE RESOLVED!!!! $100 or less fix!!!!

After doing some trouble shooting I found the ECU-b fuse under the hood was blown. I replaced it and all was fixed until I put the SUV in reverse. Come to find out there is a known issue with the driver door mirror actuator. When the SUV is placed in reverse, the mirror tilts down. The actuator shorts out very often (so much Lexus issued a TSB on it). When the mirror tilts down it shorts out and blows the fuse.

For a temp fix, place your mirror switch in the center and don't adjust the driver mirror. If the switch is in center, the mirror will not move when you go into reverse.

For a permanent fix, call Lexus and see if you are under warranty. If you are not ask them to cover half of the charge to repair. We were out of warranty and they paid for half of repair so we had to pay $100 out of pocket. All is good to go now!

Also, if your windows stopped working from the driver door, do this:

Roll each window down halfway from the door itself. Then press and hold up to roll them up and then hold up for at least two seconds after they are fully up. Do this for each window and it will fix that issue as well.