Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GX Models > GX - First Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Proud Owner of My Black Beauty

Old 07-21-14, 08:57 PM   #1
kdavis61
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Proud Owner of My Black Beauty

I'm a little too excited. But, heres my story!

Today, I was driving into the dealership where I found the Ash Blue Mica 06' GX with 136,xxx miles for around 16,900 out the door. But, I am a minor so my parents were coming to do the paperwork! As we were sitting down, I was just making sure this was the one I wanted, so I hopped on Craigslist and did one last check. Per usual, I thought there were going to be nothing new in the Private Sellers section, but there it was, a 2005 GX. My dream color combination. Black Onyx exterior with the dark gray interior. It is completely loaded, navigation, rear DVD, and everything I could have ever wanted. It has 100,287 miles and the owners are OLD (85+). They were sick of such a huge car and decided to get a RX350. There asking price? $16,500. I was jumping with excitement. I called right away and said, "I will give you $15,500 cash today." His response, "Perfect, lets meet at the Kuni Lexus in Greenwood Village." (PERFECT CAUSE I LIVE 2 MINUTES AWAY) So, we drove from the BMW Dealership and apologized for leading them on. We got home at around 2:00pm and just came inside (9:46pm). I had the dealership look over the car, everything was great. Serviced at the Kuni since they bought it at the Kuni. I am a sales consultant at a well known Car Detailer, so I headed on over and had my guys jump on it. Came out spotless. Im rambling now, but the seats look like they haven't ever been sat in. It's so beautiful, I can't stand it. I clay bared it and then put a nice coat of Mothers wax on it. Plus, it comes with 5 keys!! (3) Master Remotes, (1) Valet Key, and (1) Wallet Key!

http://s1247.photobucket.com/user/kd...y/?view=recent

Just also wanted to say a big thank you to all that dealt with my annoying posts and actually took time to help me realize what I need to look out for. Thank you again!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Last edited by kdavis61; 07-21-14 at 09:38 PM..
kdavis61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 05:30 AM   #2
RCsGX
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

Congrats!

I've seen several members pay or wanting to pay almost $16-17K for an '05. I need to sell mine while the markets good.

▲ click the pic to view my mods ▲
- Lifted 2.5" » Front Icon Coilovers w/ CDC Valve ❚ Rear Bilstein 5100s
18" BFD Wheels ❚ 285/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers
HID Retro *SC430 Projectors* ❚ Interior & Exterior LEDs
VaisTech ❚ Coastal Lockpick
Sport Taillights
5% Llumar CTX Tint All Around
RCsGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 05:30 AM