Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GX Models > GX - First Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Think I found one!

Old 07-16-14, 06:49 PM   #1
kdavis61
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Think I found one!

http://www.schompbmw.com/used/Lexus/...684530c47f.htm

So, after a while of looking, I think I found one. I drove it today and loved it! If you guys wouldn't mind just looking at the pictures and leaving any comments! Thank you guys so much!

Kaelan
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
kdavis61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-14, 08:42 PM   #2
Johnny Rad
Lead Lap

The GX represents a tremendous SUV value (reliable, capable off road, quiet on the road - just a plain old solid SUV). And with some miles like this one, they're priced right. The '06 includes the slightly more powerful vvti V8 and it looks like a nice int / ext color scheme. Sport Pkg, excellent Michelin rubber (new?), rear spoiler, etc. I realize most folks aren't jazzed about the navi and ML, but I like them since I don't go aftermarket.

Looking at the carfax, I expect that Stevinson Lexus performed the 60k mi service, but I worry about the 90k mi service. I also don't like the 15k mi oil change intervals by the second owner. They're like clockwork, so I'm willing to bet it was purposeful - synthetic oil maybe. Regardless, I'm old school and would like to see it at half that.

How's the driver's seat bolster look? I didn't see a good pic.
Johnny Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-14, 10:45 AM   #3
JAH29
Driver School Candidate

Probably a dumb question but why would the one that is a year "newer" or younger (the 2007) $6,000 more?? Did the sales rep show you that one too? Was it the difference in mileage, which i agree is significant but that does seem like a big swing? I ask as I am trying to determine whether I should sell our 2007.

Thanks
JAH29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-14, 06:34 PM   #4
Johnny Rad
Lead Lap

Yeah, that '07 GX with 97k mi for $6k more doesn't have navi and certainly doesn't look any better condition-wise than the '06 for $15k.

Sure the mileage is high(er), but come on. Sometimes high line cars get the mileage hit doubled, but come on.

Either the '07 is over-priced or the '06 that the OP is looking at is under-priced. I personally think it's a great deal on the '06.
Johnny Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-14, 07:08 PM   #5
lesz
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Rad View Post
Yeah, that '07 GX with 97k mi for $6k more doesn't have navi and certainly doesn't look any better condition-wise than the '06 for $15k.

Sure the mileage is high(er), but come on. Sometimes high line cars get the mileage hit doubled, but come on.

Either the '07 is over-priced or the '06 that the OP is looking at is under-priced. I personally think it's a great deal on the '06.
Unless I'm looking at something incorrectly, the 2007 has 76,000 miles on it, and, thus, the 2006 has about 60,000 more miles on it than the 2007. That is quite a significant difference, and, combined with the 2007 being a year newer, the price difference doesn't really seem out of line.

Plus, without being able to inspect and compare the two vehicles in person, there is no way to know how they compare to each other with regard to body wear and tear, interior condition, etc. I know that my 2005 ES only has a little over 40,000 miles on it. The body shows no wear and tear whatever. It has no dings, paint chips, scratches, etc., and the interior is equally nice. While I have no plans to sell it in the near future, if I were going to sell it, I would certainly expect to get more for it than what one could get for a GX that is a couple of years newer, has 130,000 miles on it, and that shows more typical body and interior wear and tear. The bottom line is that, once a vehicle starts to get to be 4 or 5 years old, miles driven and vehicle condition become increasingly important and more important than whether a vehicle is a model year or two older or newer.

Last edited by lesz; 07-19-14 at 02:09 PM..
lesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-14, 07:08 PM