GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Salt and Pepper!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-14, 07:53 AM
ChiTownGX
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gxman1
I went through this as well, programming the Genie, see my post # 7

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...ng-issues.html
Thanks for the suggestions. Can you post a picture of the "Bigger Remote" that you reference? The remote I have now is about 2 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches and has 3 programmable bottons on it.
Old 05-28-14, 08:06 AM
ChiTownGX
Rookie

Originally Posted by Johnny Rad
I'm biased, but I think ~20 years from now our 1st-gen GX will be the equiv of the FJ60/62 today.

The GX will be regarded as a classic, old-school SUV with true 4WD backed by a smooth operating yet dinosaur V8.

P. S. The black GX thee is good looking with it's later wheels and extra ext chrome.
I totally agree. The chrome touches add a little more class to the vehicle.
Old 05-28-14, 08:15 AM
ChiTownGX
Rookie

Default iPOD/MP3 Player Connection?

Here's another thing on the new truck that I am curious about. I was under the impression that the 2009 model had a bulit in connection for an MP3 Player. Is that not true? I looked in the manual and did not see one anywhere on the dash.
Old 05-28-14, 08:45 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by ChiTownGX
I totally agree. The chrome touches add a little more class to the vehicle.
I think that it must be a matter of personal preference, but I have a strong preference for body color trim, and I dislike chrome, either on the interior or exterior of a vehicle. Perhaps, it is the result of the period of time when I started driving cars. It was a time when the auto manufacturers used chrome everywhere, and I was happy to see the time when the manufacturers went in the direction of minimizing chrome.

I also think it is curious the way the manufacturers go back and forth with regard to the use of chrome. It seems, for example, that if a totally redesigned car starts out with body color door handles, when there is a mid-cycle refresh, the door handles change to chrome. On the other hand, if the total redesign starts with chrome door handles, the mid-cycle refresh is likely to change to body color door handles. I suspect that this is the result of feeling the need to find some changes to make and being unable to come up with ideas for more substantive changes.
Old 05-28-14, 09:14 AM
UpStarr
Pit Crew

I took a hard look at the GX 460 as a potential replacement. First of all, I think they ruined the looks of the exterior. It looks choppy, rather than graceful. The roof line looks squashed.

Although it has more horse power, 460 owners that have also had a 470, said that the 460 is slower. Not something I wanted to hear when merging with a trailer onto the highway.

Lastly the GX 460 is a lot more expensive! Altogether, the 460 just did not make any sense to me. That's why I searched for a low mileage 470.
I could not agree any more with your thoughts of the GX460. I frown every time I look in my review mirror when I see one coming up then I frown again when it passes. The front and rear end make-over is just hideous to look at, but for those who own them.................. Enjoy! Just my opinion
Old 05-28-14, 11:14 AM
chiph9
Pole Position

Received 728 Likes on 596 Posts

Is this in regard to the new spindle grill? I think it looks great on the cars, but on the trucks, all I can think about are these guys:

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs44/f/20...BruceWhite.jpg

Chip H.
Old 05-28-14, 11:25 AM
ChiTownGX
Rookie

Originally Posted by chiph9
Is this in regard to the new spindle grill? I think it looks great on the cars, but on the trucks, all I can think about are these guys:

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs44/f/20...BruceWhite.jpg

Chip H.
Not really. But I really don't like the spindle grill look either. I think it looks nasty. I saw one post where somebody retro-fitted the spindle gril onto an older GX. If it was me, I would be going the other way around. I would put the older grill on my new GX!!! But hey, that's just my opinion.
Old 05-28-14, 01:54 PM
TWillz
Driver School Candidate

Here's another thing on the new truck that I am curious about. I was under the impression that the 2009 model had a bulit in connection for an MP3 Player. Is that not true? I looked in the manual and did not see one anywhere on the dash.

ChiTownGX - the AUX input port should be under a cover down by your heated seat switches and the downhill assist button - at least that's where mine is on my 2008. The differential lock button used to be there.
Old 05-28-14, 02:01 PM
ChiTownGX
Rookie

Originally Posted by TWillz
ChiTownGX - the AUX input port should be under a cover down by your heated seat switches and the downhill assist button - at least that's where mine is on my 2008. The differential lock button used to be there.
Oh, ok. I'll have to look again. Thanks!
Old 05-28-14, 09:04 PM
gxman1
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions. Can you post a picture of the "Bigger Remote" that you reference? The remote I have now is about 2 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches and has 3 programmable bottons on it.
You should get 2 remote which comes with Genie garage door opener, they are KEYCHAIN Style.
That didnt work .

I went to home depot and bought bigger unit, the style are the same, but it is larger.
here is the link.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Genie-Gar...3T-R/202808536

I used it to program it and returned it, since Genie sent me free larger unit
Old 05-29-14, 05:42 AM
ChiTownGX
Rookie

Originally Posted by gxman1
I went through this as well, programming the Genie, see my post # 7

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...ng-issues.html
Hey, thanks for the link. The 2 step programming mentioned in one of the posts did the trick. It works perfectly now.
Old 05-29-14, 05:45 AM
ChiTownGX
Rookie

Originally Posted by TWillz
Yep, that's exactly where it is. I was expecting it to be right next to the radio. Thanks!!
Old 06-06-14, 04:13 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 817 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by UpStarr
I could not agree any more with your thoughts of the GX460. I frown every time I look in my review mirror when I see one coming up then I frown again when it passes. The front and rear end make-over is just hideous to look at, but for those who own them.................. Enjoy! Just my opinion
Ouch.. but I know what you mean. I didn't like the 460 look compared to the 470 but wanted the newer model, I don't see many of the 2014s around my area and didn't like it in the beginning but it is starting to grow on me.