GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Home link Programming issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-14, 11:41 AM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gxman1
Now if you are still here, I have a questions and I dont want to go overboard like those guys on the detailing section of CL, they are pro's. I simply want to take my truck and get is washed and dried.

Come home and apply Polymer coating or a sealant. I want to be done with it fast, any quick tips, on a product?

Here is what I am thinking.
1. Get is washed
2. Use Polymer Sealant: such as Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax
3. Synthetic XPress Spray Wax
4.Meguiar's plastx for lights

Be done with it in an hour.
That sounds about right. You don't really have to use xpress after the liquid wax though. The xpress is more for in between waxes to keep it looking gooooood!
Old 01-26-14, 12:06 PM
gxman1
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You are correct about xpress, read it after your comment, heading to Walmart to buy the stuff.
Thanks again for your input.

Originally Posted by RCsGX
That sounds about right. You don't really have to use xpress after the liquid wax though. The xpress is more for in between waxes to keep it looking gooooood!
Old 01-26-14, 12:50 PM
fishhuntnc
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MichaelD86
THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! This got it programmed.

Glad to help.
Old 07-07-14, 09:35 PM
rschaer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Working for a 2012 IS350C

I think my initial problem was not continuously holding the opener transmitter button down while programming the homelink button but here is my process that finally worked:

1) Reset the buttons by holding the outside buttons down until the light stops flashing.

2) Hold the button you want to program down. It will be solid and after a while it will start flashing slowly. Hold the Opener transmitter 1-3 inches away from the button to be programmed and Press and hold it's button until the homelink light starts flashing quickly. The let go of both buttons.

Now when you press the homelink button the light should flash quickly. If not repeat steaps 1 and 2 until it does.

3) Move your car in front of your garage door and where you can see the opener. Locate and press the learning switch for your garage opener. quickly go back to your car and press and hold the programmed homelink button until the learning light flashes once. Re-Press and hold the programmed homelink button until the learning light goes off.

Now if you press the homelink button the garage door should open and close.

FYI if your garage door stops working after several cycles it has probably overheated and you will need to wait until it cools down to continue. Removing the cover help this process.
Old 07-14-14, 05:59 PM
Wood211
Driver School Candidate

I have the type of garage door opener that you push the program button and a red light flashes. I have read some threads and the manual on how to program and its not working. I have reset the codes and tried to program it and its not working. The lights on the HomeLInk in the car are working so I am guessing its working but it wont program to the garage door. I read to set the program light then push the HomeLink three times and it will program. Mine is not doing it. I have tried it withe the car running, or the key to on and without the key in and nothing is working. Any advice would be appreciated. Its getting frustrating as to of why this is not working. My truck programmed just fine so I know it can be done. The Lexus is just not working with me. Thanks
Mark this up to corporate BS. I just replaced my garage door motherboard & neither of my cars HL would program. The installer informed me NONE of the newer GDO work with the HomeLink anymore. He mailer me a free extra opener.
Old 07-15-14, 08:13 AM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Wood211
I have the type of garage door opener that you push the program button and a red light flashes. I have read some threads and the manual on how to program and its not working. I have reset the codes and tried to program it and its not working. The lights on the HomeLInk in the car are working so I am guessing its working but it wont program to the garage door. I read to set the program light then push the HomeLink three times and it will program. Mine is not doing it. I have tried it withe the car running, or the key to on and without the key in and nothing is working. Any advice would be appreciated. Its getting frustrating as to of why this is not working. My truck programmed just fine so I know it can be done. The Lexus is just not working with me. Thanks

Mark this up to corporate BS. I just replaced my garage door motherboard & neither of my cars HL would program. The installer informed me NONE of the newer GDO work with the HomeLink anymore. He mailer me a free extra opener.
Mark what up to corporate BS? MichaelD86 got it working?
Old 03-17-15, 06:15 AM
Abramsmp
Driver School Candidate

To bring up an old thread...
Has anyone had problems with the Homelink not clearing codes? On mine, the red light flashes quickly once, and that's it. I held 1 and 3 for nearly two minutes and got nothing. Any advice without having to take it to the dealership is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-21-15, 02:37 PM
sadkomodo
Driver School Candidate

Default only the middle button

I finally got my homelink paired with my opener however only to the middle button. I tired to pair with button 1 but it wouldn't take. It took the first time on button 2.
Old 03-23-15, 01:35 PM
GreatHim
Rookie

i bought a new garage door and opener last summer, and i can not getting to link for the life of me to my 04 GX. so frustrating
Old 02-17-18, 09:22 AM
chiph9
Pole Position

Received 728 Likes on 596 Posts

Finally got this working for me (dredging up an old thread).

The steps I followed (with changes from the owner's manual in bold) were:
  1. Turn your key to the "run" position so the Homelink module gets power
  2. Press and hold buttons 1 & 3 to clear any existing codes. It can take 30+ seconds until you see the rapid blink on the Homelink LED.
  3. Hold your opener next to the dome light and press your desired Homelink button and the opener button simultaneously. Hold them until you see the rapid blink.
  4. Push your programmed button for about 2 seconds. If the door opens, you're done.
  5. Otherwise, you have a rolling code.
  6. Push the "Learn" button on the back of your opener mechanism (in the garage). Having a ladder and a helper can be useful.
  7. You now have 30 seconds to return to your vehicle and do the next steps:
  8. Push your programmed button for about 3 seconds. If the door opens, you're done. (you may see the garage light blink)
  9. Push your programmed button for about 3 seconds. If the door opens, you're done.
  10. Push your programmed button for about 3 seconds. If the door opens, you're done.
  11. Still no luck? Try the steps again. But you may have a newer garage opener where they changed the frequencies and you're out of luck.
The owner's manual just says "push and release" but that's misleading - you need to push and hold for 3 seconds on steps 8+

Chip H.
Old 02-17-18, 09:49 AM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 133 Likes on 123 Posts

First homelink on your car has to learn your key fob signal. The the GDO has to learn home link signal(which is the key fob signal it learned).
Are you sure homelink aquired and learned the key fob singal(cinfirmed by fast blinking light on the homelink)? Then once you push the program
button on the GDO, within 20 secs. you start pushing homelink button until door starts moving. Little pause between puushing. (this of for rolling code GDO)
Some times there is compability issue if they are old. In that cse you need a bridge box to use them. What is the GDO brand? We have Liftmaster MyQ GDO,
Our vehicles, MB, Audi, BMW homelink all works well. I can even open and close far away from iPhone thru Internet. I can see if the door is open or close and
close it or open anywhere using the app.
Old 05-17-20, 06:41 PM
jaaydee
Driver School Candidate

I hate to drag up an old thread, but I just got a 2010 GX460. I can't get the garage door to program with the vehicle. The opener was manufactured in June of '97, I didn't have any problems when i bought new remotes for my other vehicles. They were bought in the last 3 years.
I've tried all the suggestions in this thread, nothing works.
Any help would be appreciated,
jaaydee
Old 05-18-20, 07:05 AM
ALAN553
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 144 Posts

[QUOTE=jaaydee;10805940]I hate to drag up an old thread, but I just got a 2010 GX460. I can't get the garage door to program with the vehicle. The opener was manufactured in June of '97, I didn't have any problems when i bought new remotes for my other vehicles. They were bought in the last 3 years.
I've tried all the suggestions in this thread, nothing works.
Any help would be appreciated,
jaaydee

werong site...this is the GX470