Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GX Models > GX - First Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Home link Programming issues

Old 01-26-14, 12:41 PM   #16
RCsGX
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxman1 View Post
Now if you are still here, I have a questions and I dont want to go overboard like those guys on the detailing section of CL, they are pro's. I simply want to take my truck and get is washed and dried.

Come home and apply Polymer coating or a sealant. I want to be done with it fast, any quick tips, on a product?

Here is what I am thinking.
1. Get is washed
2. Use Polymer Sealant: such as Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax
3. Synthetic XPress Spray Wax
4.Meguiar's plastx for lights

Be done with it in an hour.
That sounds about right. You don't really have to use xpress after the liquid wax though. The xpress is more for in between waxes to keep it looking gooooood!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

▲ click the pic to view my mods ▲
- Lifted 2.5" Front Icon Coilovers w/ CDC Valve ❚ Rear Bilstein 5100s
18" BFD Wheels ❚ 285/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers
HID Retro *SC430 Projectors* ❚ Interior & Exterior LEDs
VaisTech ❚ Coastal Lockpick
Sport Taillights
5% Llumar CTX Tint All Around
RCsGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-14, 01:06 PM   #17
gxman1
Driver

You are correct about xpress, read it after your comment, heading to Walmart to buy the stuff.
Thanks again for your input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCsGX View Post
That sounds about right. You don't really have to use xpress after the liquid wax though. The xpress is more for in between waxes to keep it looking gooooood!
gxman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-14, 01:50 PM   #18
fishhuntnc
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelD86 View Post
THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! This got it programmed.

Glad to help.

fishhuntnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 10:35 PM   #19
rschaer
Driver School Candidate

Default Working for a 2012 IS350C

I think my initial problem was not continuously holding the opener transmitter button down while programming the homelink button but here is my process that finally worked:

1) Reset the buttons by holding the outside buttons down until the light stops flashing.

2) Hold the button you want to program down. It will be solid and after a while it will start flashing slowly. Hold the Opener transmitter 1-3 inches away from the button to be programmed and Press and hold it's button until the homelink light starts flashing quickly. The let go of both buttons.

Now when you press the homelink button the light should flash quickly. If not repeat steaps 1 and 2 until it does.

3) Move your car in front of your garage door and where you can see the opener. Locate and press the learning switch for your garage opener. quickly go back to your car and press and hold the programmed homelink button until the learning light flashes once. Re-Press and hold the programmed homelink button until the learning light goes off.

Now if you press the homelink button the garage door should open and close.

FYI if your garage door stops working after several cycles it has probably overheated and you will need to wait until it cools down to continue. Removing the cover help this process.
rschaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-14, 06:59 PM   #20
Wood211
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
I have the type of garage door opener that you push the program button and a red light flashes. I have read some threads and the manual on how to program and its not working. I have reset the codes and tried to program it and its not working. The lights on the HomeLInk in the car are working so I am guessing its working but it wont program to the garage door. I read to set the program light then push the HomeLink three times and it will program. Mine is not doing it. I have tried it withe the car running, or the key to on and without the key in and nothing is working. Any advice would be appreciated. Its getting frustrating as to of why this is not working. My truck programmed just fine so I know it can be done. The Lexus is just not working with me. Thanks
Mark this up to corporate BS. I just replaced my garage door motherboard & neither of my cars HL would program. The installer informed me NONE of the newer GDO work with the HomeLink anymore. He mailer me a free extra opener.
Wood211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-14, 09:13 AM   #21
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood211 View Post
Quote:
I have the type of garage door opener that you push the program button and a red light flashes. I have read some threads and the manual on how to program and its not working. I have reset the codes and tried to program it and its not working. The lights on the HomeLInk in the car are working so I am guessing its working but it wont program to the garage door. I read to set the program light then push the HomeLink three times and it will program. Mine is not doing it. I have tried it withe the car running, or the key to on and without the key in and nothing is working. Any advice would be appreciated. Its getting frustrating as to of why this is not working. My truck programmed just fine so I know it can be done. The Lexus is just not working with me. Thanks

Mark this up to corporate BS. I just replaced my garage door motherboard & neither of my cars HL would program. The installer informed me NONE of the newer GDO work with the HomeLink anymore. He mailer me a free extra opener.
Mark what up to corporate BS? MichaelD86 got it working?

▲ click the pic to view my mods ▲
- Lifted 2.5" Front Icon Coilovers w/ CDC Valve ❚ Rear Bilstein 5100s
18" BFD Wheels ❚ 285/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers
HID Retro *SC430 Projectors* ❚ Interior & Exterior LEDs
VaisTech ❚ Coastal Lockpick
Sport Taillights
5% Llumar CTX Tint All Around
RCsGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-14, 09:13 AM