GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Techstream

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-13, 06:04 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

i looked up techstream on amazon with many results. Is there a particular one yall recommend?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...k%3Atechstream
Old 12-10-13, 06:54 PM
Crispy3M
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
i looked up techstream on amazon with many results. Is there a particular one yall recommend?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...k%3Atechstream
This is the one I picked up and it works great!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C9B32J4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C9B32J4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

YMMV
Old 01-17-14, 01:56 PM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Before I buy a cheapy XP laptop (found one for $60) and the techstream....can anyone verify that I can read the SRS (airbag) system? My air bag light came on a few weeks back and I want to pull the code to see what the problem is.

Thanks!
Old 01-17-14, 02:18 PM
gxman1
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You dont need a xp laptop, you can run techstream with win 7 64 bit, I am running it on my daily work laptop I am not sure if it can pull the code from SRS, since I only used it make modifications.

Here is the link
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/genera...-8-64-bit.html

Last edited by gxman1; 01-17-14 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-17-14, 02:28 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

For those of you have used the TechStream, how did you activate yours? When I try to activate, I get a failure to connect message.
Old 01-17-14, 02:36 PM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gxman1
You dont need a xp laptop, you can run techstream with win 7 64 bit, I am running it on my daily work laptop I am not sure if it can pull the code from SRS, since I only used it make modifications.

Here is the link
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/genera...-8-64-bit.html
I saw that thread before. I'd rather not do that. Just my luck something will go wrong and I'll brick my ECU then be out $1000s compared to a $50 XP HP laptop which I know I can't mess up.
Old 01-17-14, 03:14 PM
YoshiMan
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

This is awesome, i wanted to change a few of the factory settings on my GX and LS, and the dealer wants $68 PER CAR to do it! I will have to take a look at this...
Old 01-18-14, 12:49 AM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
For those of you have used the TechStream, how did you activate yours? When I try to activate, I get a failure to connect message.
I dont have one yet but just ordered one actually.

This was listed on a ebay auction so it may help you?

"When use this kit, please install on the English professional windows xp system and choose the European market, and it need not user ID and passward, and also need not register."
Old 01-18-14, 06:57 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by specONE
I dont have one yet but just ordered one actually.

This was listed on a ebay auction so it may help you?

"When use this kit, please install on the English professional windows xp system and choose the European market, and it need not user ID and passward, and also need not register."
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm guessing that the software disc that you get is different from what I got with the product that I bought from Amazon because I tried what you suggested, and it was a no-go. Without registering the software, I get a dialog box that tells me that I have 30 uses of product, and it counts down with each use. After 30 uses, evidently, the software is disabled.
Old 01-18-14, 10:03 AM
Crispy3M
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm guessing that the software disc that you get is different from what I got with the product that I bought from Amazon because I tried what you suggested, and it was a no-go. Without registering the software, I get a dialog box that tells me that I have 30 uses of product, and it counts down with each use. After 30 uses, evidently, the software is disabled.
You have a PM
Old 01-19-14, 01:11 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Crispy3M
You have a PM
Thanks much for your help, Chris.

For others who might be buying the product, you should know that, even when it comes from the same vendor, it might come with different software, and, if you get the same software that I got with mine, it may not work without registering the product and paying a very high subscription fee.
Old 01-19-14, 02:59 PM
MidniteGX
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks much for your help, Chris.

For others who might be buying the product, you should know that, even when it comes from the same vendor, it might come with different software, and, if you get the same software that I got with mine, it may not work without registering the product and paying a very high subscription fee.
Is the subscription fee you're referring to the TIS online fee? Can we use this software without a subscription?
Old 01-19-14, 03:04 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MidniteGX
Is the subscription fee you're referring to the TIS online fee? Can we use this software without a subscription?
I think that depends on what software you get with it. With the software I got, without a subscription, I get a dialog box telling me that, if I don't register (and buy a subscription), the software will be disabled after 30 uses. And, with each additional use, the number of uses left counts down, one at a time. Evidently, others have gotten different software that does not count down the uses until the software is disabled.
Old 01-19-14, 03:10 PM
MidniteGX
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I think that depends on what software you get with it. With the software I got, without a subscription, I get a dialog box telling me that, if I don't register (and buy a subscription), the software will be disabled after 30 uses. And, with each additional use, the number of uses left counts down, one at a time. Evidently, others have gotten different software that does not count down the uses until the software is disabled.
Gotcha. Actually, 30 uses isn't all that bad anyway considering it's free.
Old 01-19-14, 05:37 PM
cssnms
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Can you use it so the Nav allows DVD's to play in motion? What about some of the other Nav settings that cannot be used while my truck is in motion?

Quick Reply: Techstream