GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Rear DVD through sound system??

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-13, 08:24 AM
LexTrip
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear DVD through sound system??

I have a '07 GX which has the rear dvd. My daughter is 3 years old and the head phones bother her on longer trips I was wondering if there is a way to have the rear DVD's audio go through the sound system so she would not need to use the head phones?
Old 10-07-13, 09:26 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by LexTrip
I have a '07 GX which has the rear dvd. My daughter is 3 years old and the head phones bother her on longer trips I was wondering if there is a way to have the rear DVD's audio go through the sound system so she would not need to use the head phones?
With parking brake set press your steering wheel mode button till you get to dvd then press on screen turn up your volume and it should start playing. Once its on when you release the parking brake the screen will stop showing the dvd up front but the volume and the picture will continue through your sound system. You also could plug in ear phones or ebuds into the rear entertainment outputs
Old 10-08-13, 05:18 AM
LexTrip
Driver School Candidate

Thanks... I will attempt that today.
Old 10-08-13, 12:45 PM
LexTrip
Driver School Candidate

I got that work... I was surprised that I could watch the Rear DVD on the front screen but I could not watch a DVD out of changer on the Rear Screen.

Do you know if that is possible to have a DVD from the changer play on Both Screens? Would be easier for me to start the DVD for my daughter if I could control it from the front seat.
Old 10-08-13, 01:22 PM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I got that work... I was surprised that I could watch the Rear DVD on the front screen but I could not watch a DVD out of changer on the Rear Screen.

Do you know if that is possible to have a DVD from the changer play on Both Screens? Would be easier for me to start the DVD for my daughter if I could control it from the front seat.
You can play it on both screens as long as you're not in motion...not sure if you need the emergency brake on or not. As soon as I bought my GX I bought this: http://www.coastaletech.com/

I can watch DVD's in motion on both screens and control the DVD from the navi screen. You can also use your phone and navigation while in motion and it gets rid of the "I agree" button at the startup of the navigation system.
Old 10-09-13, 03:39 AM
LexTrip
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RCsGX
You can play it on both screens as long as you're not in motion...not sure if you need the emergency brake on or not. As soon as I bought my GX I bought this: http://www.coastaletech.com/

I can watch DVD's in motion on both screens and control the DVD from the navi screen. You can also use your phone and navigation while in motion and it gets rid of the "I agree" button at the startup of the navigation system.
I will look into that Unlocker or Key...

I was not able to watch DVDs from the changer on the rear screen... On the RSES Remote I tried Video button, I tried DVD button... I could not get rear screen to view DVDs from the changer.
Old 10-09-13, 08:11 AM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

I will look into that Unlocker or Key...

I was not able to watch DVDs from the changer on the rear screen... On the RSES Remote I tried Video button, I tried DVD button... I could not get rear screen to view DVDs from the changer.
I don't know if Lexus changed it but on my '05 the changer in the glove box will only play CDs, it won't play DVDs. The only DVD player is in the center console and it's a single DVD player.
Old 10-09-13, 08:26 AM
LexTrip
Driver School Candidate

This '07 has a DVD changer in the glove box. It of course will also play CDs.
Old 10-09-13, 09:05 AM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Then I don't know. Hopefully someone else with a DVD changer will chime in.