GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

All Weather Mats

Old 01-27-03, 03:10 PM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hehe punk.. the rear mats should be hard.. expecially with the 3rd row seats.. i was thinking about going to home depot and getting the plastic thing for the back.. and make cutouts like the carpet mats for the seats.. i am thinking a rubberized one would be hard
Old 01-27-03, 03:34 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Toyota dealership has a rear cargo mat for the 4Runner, not made by Toyota some aftermarket company.

I decided not to get it cause their is an extra mat in the back of the 4Runner that I can flip over and it is rubber.

Those of you with 3rd row seat in your GX, does it fold flat and the mat go ontop or are their some of you without 3rd row seats who want a mat.

I'll go to Toyota and check who makes the mat
Old 01-28-03, 07:24 PM
w4rjd
Pole Position

Just order a set yesterday adn they shipped today from http://www.irontoad.com/

The local Lexus dealer did not even have a part number as of yesterday.

Ollie
Old 01-28-03, 08:18 PM
Knicksfan
Pole Position

Default Cargo area

I removed my third row "seats" and am searching for a mat to cover the cargo area (with the 2nd row in place is fine). None of the after market suppliers (mats.com, irontoad.com etc) have them yet.
Old 01-31-03, 03:11 PM
w4rjd
Pole Position

I received my mats today. These are junk compared to my BMW mats. However they are an excellent fit.

Ollie
Old 02-02-03, 08:34 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,358 Posts

I haven't been there to check for GX470 products but you might want to check www.mats.com.
Old 02-03-03, 08:09 AM
177mph
Pole Position

Default my gx with 3rd row came with a mat

It's a carpeted mat with lexus badging (seperate from the carpeting in the car). Are you asking about another mat on top of that?
Old 02-03-03, 03:23 PM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

naw, more along the lines of the allweather mats
Old 02-05-03, 01:53 PM
raybeck
Rookie

Default Knickfan

Did you ever find a rear cargo mat for your GX, when the 3rd seat is removed? I, too am wanting one and have the ivory interior like you do. I will probably have the 3rd row seats out the majority of the time so sure would like an all weather mat back there for hauling stuff around. I got my GX on Saturday, Feb. 1st and they told me they might have something in a few months, just takes time with new models, guess we will see. Also, (forgive me if you have already posted this) where did you get your all weather mats you have posted with pictures? I need those, too. What web sight and is there a specific model number to give them when ordering for the ivory interior? Thanks, would appreciate any info.

Hey, I just reread some posts and saw irontoad.com, now my only question is did you order the brown for the ivory interior? Looks like they only offer it in brown or grey, whatever you have, I really like, just need to know color. Thanks!

Last edited by raybeck; 02-05-03 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-05-03, 02:01 PM
Knicksfan
Pole Position

Default No mats yet

I have not been able to find the mat for the cargo area....the dealer hasn't been able to find anything and the aftermarket web sites don't have them yet either. I hope I dont have to wait months but we'll see.

As for the all-weather mats for the front and second row, I got mine from the dealer ($89/set of 4) but others have used a web site where cost is a bit lower (not sure if shipping was included). It took the dealer a couple of days but it was painless.
Old 02-05-03, 02:06 PM
raybeck
Rookie

Default Mats

Thanks for the info. I just don't no what color (wonder if the brown would match okay), might should just order from the dealer to be safe.

Anyone else ordered them from irontoad.com for ivory interior?

I will let you know if I am able to locate the rear cargo all weather mat and hope you will do the same. Hopefully, someone will come out with a nice one soon.
Old 02-05-03, 05:00 PM
Squiggy
Rookie

Default I got mine from irontoad

and I have the ivory. Went with what they call "brown".
They don't match the carpet, instead they match the darker color in the dash. Looks fine, and I'm happy with them. Wish they had one for the back, though.
Old 02-05-03, 07:06 PM
raybeck
Rookie

Default Thanks for info.

Appreciate the info. I really prefer them to be more the color of the dash, rather than lighter color. I will get them ordered!
Old 02-06-03, 09:01 AM
crazy4cars
Rookie

I spoke to weathertech today and according to them the cargo linner will be ready by march.
Old 02-06-03, 01:47 PM
raybeck
Rookie

Default crazy4cars

Hey thanks for the info on the rear cargo mat. What is weathertech? I am sure anxious to get one for my GX asap. Is it an online place you order from or what? Guess I will order the all weathers for the front and 2nd row from irontoad.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: All Weather Mats