Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GX Models > GX - First Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Drivers side arm rest [ the one that moves ]

Old 07-15-13, 05:27 PM   #1
mrblister
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

Default Drivers side arm rest [ the one that moves ]

The leather drivers side arm rest the one that your able to adjust for drivers right arm is peeling. The leather looks to have a treatment on it and is peeling off like a bad sunburn. The leather underneath is dull looking and i need to have it recovered. My gx is blizzard pearl and the interior is carmel color or ecru any one have any ideas what my options may be. It just looks awfull and i keep it folded up so I dont have to look at it but I miss not being able to rest my arm. Any one have an ideas.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
2005 SC430 Pebble Beach nav tool back up camera vias sirius radio daizen front & rear anti sway greaseable zerks blitz throttle controler windscreen deflector 8 disk dvd trunk changer dvd/tv tuner in glove box r1 slotted & drilled rotors,axis pads 20 " donz genovese staggered toyo t1 proxies toms tower strut bar cnc aluminum frame stiffiner plates lux link remote start remote top 1/4 window mod phone hack & beat sonic nav overide lots of led bulbs lexus logo door projectors 2004 GX470
mrblister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-13, 06:35 AM   #2
RickC5
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)

Yep, the "finish" has worn off. The majority of leathers used in the automotive industry are NOT vat-dyed. They have a sprayed-on "finish" (top coat) that provides the color & in some cases, the texture. Hey, it's cheap and easier to clean!

Anyway, unless you can find some sort of touch-up stuff (I hate to call it paint, but that's about what it is), you will need to have the armrest recovered. Doubtful that you will get a 100% color match, so consider recovering the passenger side at the same time.

Your Lexus dealer may be able to get new covers. Won't hurt to ask.
Old 07-16-13, 06:35 AM