GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

If navigation unit dies does it affect stereo cd player etc.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-13, 06:22 PM
jnat306bg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If navigation unit dies does it affect stereo cd player etc.

We are looking for a 2005-2006 GX 470. I like all the options that come on them but I have always felt the more you have the more you have to fix. Some of the $ spent to maintain the GX is not a problem such as mechanical items. I like the vehicle enough to be willing to deal with the air ride suspension in the future. If the navigation system goes out does it take out anything else? I do not feel a great need for the navigation and was wondering if it should be a factor in our purchase?
Old 06-23-13, 12:42 PM
sprocket
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jnat306bg
We are looking for a 2005-2006 GX 470. I like all the options that come on them but I have always felt the more you have the more you have to fix. Some of the $ spent to maintain the GX is not a problem such as mechanical items. I like the vehicle enough to be willing to deal with the air ride suspension in the future. If the navigation system goes out does it take out anything else? I do not feel a great need for the navigation and was wondering if it should be a factor in our purchase?
The NAV in my 2004 GX can not read the DVD. I have not been able to determine the problem. It does not affect anything else. Stereo works fine along with all other screens such as climate, etc. My NAV had never been updated anyway, so I just use the maps on my phone.
Old 06-24-13, 01:51 PM
rj4510
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by jnat306bg
I suppose that expends on what you mean by the NAVI going out. If the DVD portion goes out, no. If the is play goes out, you'll be flying blind. All climate and radio controls, etc go through the display. On a good note, I have never read of any such reports. I'm sure someone's screen has gone out, just not too common.

I personally hate the way the GX looks without NAVI, but looked high and low trying to find one without it or a third row seat, so I could put in a custom sound system. I couldn't find one and when I did the dealer wouldn't budge, so here I am 8 years later with the same GX with third row and NAVI and the truck has been solid. No custom audio and the seats sit in the closet....oh we'll, can't exactly complain. Good luk on your hunt.