GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Torn

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-02, 09:21 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Torn

I am torn. Was just offered an ash blue from my dealer. No DVD Rear Entertainment System.

The blue meridian was my first choice, second was black. Saw the Ash Blue at night and it was pretty nice. The vehicle is still in Pre-Delivery Inspection.

The dealer drove it into their washing bay and their service center so we could see it in a brighter light. I told him to hold it and I would drive by tomorrow to look at it hopefully in the sun but at least in the day. I can have this Ash Blue immediately.

I can get a Blue Meridian next week but a few states over. And again, no DVD.

Another dealer has told me that Lexus is making under 30% of the cars without DVD systems. This dealer has told me around 10%. I think they are quoting they own allocation breakdown.

Any comments on the colors and the lack of DVD systems would be greatly appreciate.

Last edited by looknow12; 12-31-02 at 09:21 PM.
Old 01-01-03, 02:18 AM
Knicksfan
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I like light colors

Personally I prefer the GX in the lighter colors (not sure why since all my other cars are dark). I picked up mine last Tues in Silver Pine. Ash Blue Mica was my second choice.

My dealer (Difeo, NJ) also told me that there were not very many coming in with DVD entertainment....perhaps due to maufacturing issues. I wanted it so I was glad I was #2 on the dealer list. Only 2 of the first 15 they have received had the DVD RSES.

If you consider the total number of vehicles and then the exterior color, interior color and options (NAV. ML, RSES etc). there aren't that many that a dealer will get that will match your needs exactly. I had originally wanted the interior to be charcoal but I accepted the Ivory.

Also - the "story" is that the GX is pre-wired for a dealer installed RSES (my dealer claims it will be different (better?) manufacturer (and more expensive) than the factory installed.

Moral of the story I suppose is if you need/want now/soon, you may have to make a sacrifice on something. If you can wait, you can get it exactly the way you want.

P.S. After 1 week - its terrific! You're gonna love it.
Old 01-01-03, 11:58 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Will it be possible to display the DVD on the front screen with a 3rd party unit?
Old 01-01-03, 04:51 PM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i want to say probally not.. but you can allways get the factory unit since it is supposed to be prewired
Old 01-01-03, 08:21 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

I don't think the factory unit will be available for sale, will it?