GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Finally Found Her...with a Navi Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-12, 01:28 AM
guccigucci
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally Found Her...with a Navi Question

Hi to all GX 470 experts here, I am glad that I found this forum...I have done my research and comparison among alot of SUVs, oops, i mean trucks...our GX 470 is the best thing ever, I mean it...No matter if its body, driving experience, audio, its just amazing...

I have looked around in local ads and cannot find one that is under 100 000KM, well for most of you is 65000 miles...

So i went to Lexus dealer and tried out a used 2006 Cayenne S, awesome drive with only 48000KM...but the dash board readings were starting to get messy and stuff...asking for only $35000...BUT i know maintence will be a @#&*%

Therefore, yesterday after driving the Cayenne i searched the local ad again right after in my phone and found her and got everything done today...

Here she is:

2004 Lexus GX 470, full full load
Paid $22400
Locally serviced at dealer all the way from day one, one owner...
68000KM...

ONE NAVI QUESTION: The map works fine but i cannot enter address into touch screen to go somewhere, can you guys help me out, there is a button for it but i cannot press in it...
Old 10-20-12, 05:26 AM
RickC5
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

You can only enter data into the NAV system when the vehicle is stopped & the tranny is in park. No data entering while driving--too distracting for the driver. There's a work-around posted somewhere on this forum if you don't mind hacking up the wiring.
Old 10-20-12, 02:15 PM
stiles_s
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by guccigucci
Hi to all GX 470 experts here, I am glad that I found this forum...I have done my research and comparison among alot of SUVs, oops, i mean trucks...our GX 470 is the best thing ever, I mean it...No matter if its body, driving experience, audio, its just amazing...

I have looked around in local ads and cannot find one that is under 100 000KM, well for most of you is 65000 miles...

So i went to Lexus dealer and tried out a used 2006 Cayenne S, awesome drive with only 48000KM...but the dash board readings were starting to get messy and stuff...asking for only $35000...BUT i know maintence will be a @#&*%

Therefore, yesterday after driving the Cayenne i searched the local ad again right after in my phone and found her and got everything done today...

Here she is:

2004 Lexus GX 470, full full load
Paid $22400
Locally serviced at dealer all the way from day one, one owner...
68000KM...

ONE NAVI QUESTION: The map works fine but i cannot enter address into touch screen to go somewhere, can you guys help me out, there is a button for it but i cannot press in it...
Beautiful. First one I've seen with the optional rims. Looks good.
Old 10-20-12, 03:18 PM
vince22
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats......good find. here some links might be helpful to you.

Navigation override, (read post no. 5 if applicable with your map data version)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...ick-users.html

Dvd Override and bluetooth (using keypad on screen while moving)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...-pictures.html
Old 10-20-12, 10:40 PM
zippinbye
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Lockpick

My second-hand 2005 GX came with an aftermarket module that performs the override functions for you. I push a button, and watch the screen go through all the other "strokes" automatically. The manual entry of override functions is simply not practical. My unit is a "Lockpick," by Coastal Tech (not sure which version, since the car had it already). Depending on features, I think the Lockpick ranges from $100 to $200-something. Mine frees-up the NAV for in-motion entries, and it will also allow NAV screen DVD display if you have factory DVD. I think I could send an external video signal too, so iPod video or other aftermarket sources should be possible too. In case your GX happens to have a Lockpick already, push the "DEST" button below the NAV screen. In the upper left corner there may be symbol that looks like a push-pin. Select it and see what happens. I think some versions of Lockpick use a different activation sequence, perhaps pushing "DEST" three times in succession. I would have never known my GX was had Lockpick installed, except the former owner who had traded it in also had advertised the car privately, and had listed it as one of the features. All the normal warnings about distracted driving, etc. apply. But I find I'm much less distracted when I can actually use my NAV in the real world! The DVD display feature may sound like a bad idea to some, but I am capable of driving while not watching a movie that my wife is enjoying. I recommend the product, and would have bought it separately if I had not stumbled into a GX that already had it. Congrats on the new-to-you GX 470. I have a home in BC despite residing in the U.S. Based on my impression of the market, I think you did well. Just find that mileage in a 2004 is a major score. Enjoy.
Old 10-20-12, 11:58 PM
guccigucci
Rookie

Thanks thanks for all reply, i will most more pictures soon if i can detail the car on a better day...and thanks for answering my NAVI questions, thats why i love forums...especially high end product forums like this one...
Old 10-20-12, 11:59 PM
guccigucci
Rookie

Yes, it was a descent find, i was shocked too...the optional rims looks really cool...those are just awesome, the whole car is awesome...
Old 10-21-12, 12:02 AM
guccigucci
Rookie

Coming up "options" are

- 2 way car alarm
- HID kit
- DVD bypass

One more question, the rear climate control is only for cool air right? cause it says REAR COOL, but if i dont press it, the temp canonot be adjusted for the back passengers. I thought warm air can be adjusted too at the back too...anyone know why the back passengers cannot adjust warm climate and only can press REAR COOL and only cold air comes out?
Old 10-23-12, 11:07 AM
bashli61
Driver School Candidate

like the color, same as mine and the rims are really nice mine are crap at this moment. not sure on the navi. sorry
Old 10-24-12, 01:18 PM
brycejaq
Driver

Originally Posted by guccigucci
Coming up "options" are
One more question, the rear climate control is only for cool air right? cause it says REAR COOL, but if i dont press it, the temp canonot be adjusted for the back passengers. I thought warm air can be adjusted too at the back too...anyone know why the back passengers cannot adjust warm climate and only can press REAR COOL and only cold air comes out?
Only cold air in the rear. Kinda pissed me off when we got our GX and it only had cold air, but our 99 4Runner had cold & warm in back. Oh well, at least our butts can be warm in our GX...never could in the T4R. :P

p.s. Love the color and the wheels. They look alot like the 18" 4th Gen Limited T4R wheels.

Last edited by brycejaq; 10-24-12 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-29-12, 12:04 PM
guccigucci
Rookie

Thanks for all LIKES and replies, i just find it amusing when it has the option of going warm air for the back but it doesnt work.
Old 11-04-12, 08:41 PM
Lexor470
Driver School Candidate

Glad you picked the GX over the Cayenne. Cayenne may be more fun to drive, but it has more issues.
Old 11-04-12, 09:13 PM
brycejaq
Driver

Originally Posted by Lexor470
Glad you picked the GX over the Cayenne. Cayenne may be more fun to drive, but it has more issues.
I second the motion. I always liked the thought of the Cayenne, but after sitting in one at a car show a few years back (my wife) and sadly afterwards myself were very unimpressed with the fit & finish in the Cayenne. Certainly didn't seem like an $60k+ SUV to me.
Old 11-06-12, 08:46 PM
guccigucci
Rookie

Originally Posted by brycejaq
I second the motion. I always liked the thought of the Cayenne, but after sitting in one at a car show a few years back (my wife) and sadly afterwards myself were very unimpressed with the fit & finish in the Cayenne. Certainly didn't seem like an $60k+ SUV to me.
Thank you for all your replies, yes I am really glad I bought the GX, it's just awesome... It's big its lux its fuel economy much better due to 87 or 89 acceptance.
Old 11-07-12, 09:33 AM
JuLeX47
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the family.