GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

My new GX

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-12, 10:10 AM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default My new GX

SOLD March 2016

Last edited by RCsGX; 04-10-16 at 12:04 AM.
Old 03-16-12, 10:41 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

congrats on your new car! and of course, congrats on the upcoming baby too

reminds me when i had my m3. everyone wanted a piece of me...
Old 03-16-12, 12:01 PM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
congrats on your new car! and of course, congrats on the upcoming baby too

reminds me when i had my m3. everyone wanted a piece of me...

Thanks! I like the GX alot and am so excited we're having a boy. Now my wife says I'll have a little buddy to help me work on my cars.

Before I bought the V I was looking at getting a E39 M5 (my wife drives a E39 530) but I only found one in my area and it didnt have maintenance records. Im glad I didnt get a M5 because I wouldve definitely been sad selling it that quick!! Im not a GM guy so it didnt hurt selling the V.
Old 03-16-12, 01:54 PM
Muti007
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RCsGX

Comfort wise Im loving the GX and because it has the 3rd row and a RSES my 6yr old daughter absolutely loves it. When she saw how the rear door opens that did it for her. She doesnt even use the passenger doors, she opens the rear cargo door and climbs over the seat.
Man that just killed me, lol! Kids are so awesome.

Congrats on the new ride.
Old 03-16-12, 02:09 PM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Muti007
Man that just killed me, lol! Kids are so awesome.

My Mom saw and got to ride in my GX for the first time today and she couldnt stop laughing at how my daughter opens the back door and climbs over the seats.

My Mom kept asking her you dont want to sit in the middle seats and talk with me...she said "no grandma Im watching Toy Story 2".

Congrats on the new ride.
Thanks!
Old 03-16-12, 02:26 PM
Ancient
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the club. Glad to see that you read some of the owners manual. This search engine is not the greatest, you have to remember in advanced seach, to choose GX470, or you will get the search for all models of Lexus. Sometimes people that have the answers are slow to respond, but you will get what you ask for on this forum. I am never amazed at how much some people know. Good luck, great color for the Texas heat.
Old 03-16-12, 02:59 PM
clubsport
Pole Position

wow, you have the same car as i do... such an elegant looking ride i don't mind having the same car many other people do... plus my outfitted infiniti g35 coupe is enough trouble for me already hahaha... enjoy
Old 03-16-12, 07:09 PM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ancient
Welcome to the club.
Thanks!

Glad to see that you read some of the owners manual. This search engine is not the greatest, you have to remember in advanced seach, to choose GX470, or you will get the search for all models of Lexus. Sometimes people that have the answers are slow to respond, but you will get what you ask for on this forum. I am never amazed at how much some people know.
Yeah ive noticed that about the search...sometimes it did pull up every model. I dont ask too many but you bet if i do I at least tried to search first.

Good luck, great color for the Texas heat.
I had so many black cars I told my self this time Im getting a white. I can keep it dirty a little longer and it still looks clean and its not as hot in the summer. Man I HATED my V. I would keep that thing spotless and a few hours after I cleaned it you could see dust.

Originally Posted by clubsport
wow, you have the same car as i do... such an elegant looking ride i don't mind having the same car many other people do... plus my outfitted infiniti g35 coupe is enough trouble for me already hahaha... enjoy
I like the tan interior but with kids I though a darker interior would be the better color.

Ever since Ive decided on buying a white GX Ive seen this lady with a white GX everywhere and almost everyday, its too funny. My wife though I was crazy. Before I bought the GX we were at Outback this past weekend and who do I see pull up in the to go line....YEP, the same lady! I told my wife see I told you. After I got the GX Ive been with my wife and we've seen her at least 4 times and her front windows arent tinted so I know its the same lady.

Im waiting for the day we both pull up at a light side by side so I can give her the thumbs up.
Old 03-16-12, 07:14 PM
Muti007
Advanced

Your truck is identical to mine as well, black on tan, same wheels etc. I wish the interior was either grey or black, but it was the right truck at the right time and when shopping, interior color tends to be on the lower end of the priorities list for me. I got my front two windows tinted to match the OEM tint on the rears, yours looks similar but it might just be the lighting in the picture.

I also see a TON of them everyday. Theyre quite common where I live as this is an upper class suburb. Im still deciding on which wheels Ill be upgrading to and at least then I wont be driving an identical vehicle to all the soccer moms around here and their Louis Vuitton bags, lol.

Oh well, when I drive my Stook I dont see a lot of myself coming or going
Old 03-17-12, 05:50 PM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Your truck is identical to mine as well, black on tan, same wheels etc. I wish the interior was either grey or black, but it was the right truck at the right time and when shopping, interior color tends to be on the lower end of the priorities list for me. I got my front two windows tinted to match the OEM tint on the rears, yours looks similar but it might just be the lighting in the picture.

Are you talking about my GX, If so mines white with gray interior.

The previous owner did have Lexus tint the front windows. She made them redo the tint less than a year ago on the drivers side window, not sure why but both times it was tinted it showed up in the service history.

I'll always do 5% when I get a new ride but Im moving to Florida (Orlando) in the next 3-4 months and Ive head from my family that lives there that theyre pretty strict on illegal tint. Here in Houston police could care less about illegal tint or at least in my area they dont. So I dont know if I'll do 5% yet or not but I need it darker than whats on there now which is probably 35% because the windows are so huge on the GX!!
Old 03-17-12, 06:27 PM
Muti007
Advanced

My bad, wrong thread.
Old 03-17-12, 06:32 PM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

My bad, wrong thread.
It's all good. I had you mixed up with another member the other day too. too much going on!
Old 03-17-12, 07:35 PM
clubsport
Pole Position

you guys are too funny... i started this whole mess... there was a member with a question about an 07 66k mile gx for $28k askin if it's a good deal or not and he took a pic of some white pearl truck and posted it so i told him it was like my truck... ended up he was talking about some black gx with tan interior opposite mine white out / charcoal dark inside.... hahaha
Old 03-17-12, 07:37 PM
clubsport
Pole Position

also op... if you like supping up your truck... got sewell and look for a sport bumper addon for your gx... i got one and it's pretty nice accessory... problem is they only make 3 colors from factory... blizzard black and silver... ur in luck buddy
Old 03-18-12, 01:08 PM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

RCsGX,

Congrats! Awesome color! Your daughter must be the only one who likes the rear barn door! LOL!

Enjoy!

Quick Reply: My new GX