GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Need help removing seats and carpet. apply Dynamat.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-12, 01:06 AM
dliugear
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help removing seats and carpet. apply Dynamat.

Hey guys, I'm trying to apply the Dynamat to my gx470.
Ive done the 4 doors and need some tips how to remove the seats and the floor carpet.
anyone have manual or tutorial?
Thanks in advanced.
Old 03-10-12, 01:40 AM
Ancient
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dliugear, when you figure out how to remove the seats, the frame rails may be bolted through the floor, let me know if there is anyway the seats can be mounted slight back of the original position. I was going to look into taking one out, to see if I could move it back for more driver leg room. . Some people have gotten diagrams for diffent parts on the Sewel Lexus website (sponser) If you could get an exloded view of the inerior parts, that would be helpful.
Old 03-10-12, 02:39 AM
dliugear
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://img.t139.com/uploads/allimg/1...09161514_8.jpg
This is what I hope I can do. However, haven't figure out how to remove the seat yet.
Old 03-14-12, 01:57 PM
Ancient
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used a wax based rust proofing, that never dries completely on other cars, not the GX. It is kind of a carmel color, not the black stuff that dries hard. More like cosmolene that was used in the military. It doesn't chip off, but will wear down over time. I have used it on the bottom of the floor panels and inside the doors. I have even used it on the plastic liners in the wheel wells. It really cuts down on the slush sound in the rain and slushy snow in winter, when the tires throw it against the plastic wheel well liners.

My wife has a new Venza. Toyota, is now using a black brillo pad looking fender well liner inside the wheel wells to cut down on noise, instead of that smooth plastic liners.

I have used the Dynamat on restorations, when the car was completely apart. It makes a huge difference. I got my rust proofing gun through JC Whitney, a long time ago, along with the clear product. I have also bought the product from rust proofing shops. Just took some plastic one gallon milk containers. I take the door panels off and spray the outer part of the door, with the window up. News paper on the floor, to catch what comes out of the bottom of the door. Once it sets up, you have to make sure the weep holes remain open. It does get rid of the tiny sound from the sheet metal on the outer skin of the door.

It the 70's and 80's people used to have to rust proof their cars, bad sheet metal. Today, most of the Rust Proofing shops are gone. I always noticed how quiet the car seemed after having it done. Not happy with rust proofing oozing from everything, for a few days. Or cleaning the paint with kerosene. When I get really bored and tired of watching Opra re runs, I am going to do the underside, a section at a time. Neutralizing the rust first, then spraying. Not looking forward to keeping all of the electrical components clean.

Last edited by Ancient; 03-14-12 at 02:01 PM.