GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Anyone else ever have an issue with VAIS customer service?

Old 11-28-11, 09:06 AM
bigbriman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else ever have an issue with VAIS customer service?

I ordered a SoundLinQ2 for my GX a couple of weeks ago and finally got around to installing it last week. After I got the thing put in, tested and the dash mostly put back together, I noticed that the radio was cutting in and out. It would produce sound sometimes, other times no sound what so ever.

Figuring that VAIS may have seen this particular issue before I called their tech support. Well, I can't remember the last time I've dealt with someone who has such poor customer service as the guy who answered the phone. I was just trying to get some help troubleshooting, but he just sounded like he was annoyed that I was bothering him. He kept trying to get me to take it to an installer or the Lexus dealer, instead of trying to help me with some simple troubleshooting steps.

I mean, what's the point of even having a tech support phone number if you're not going to provide any technical support?

Finally, I hung up, went outside and troubleshoot it on my own. After about 30 minutes of unhooking everything and examining all the pieces, I found one of the wires in the supplied adapter harness had wiggled loose from the plug. So I reseated it in the plug, hooked it all back up and viola, it all started working like it should!

At the end of the day I love and still recommend the product itself, but I doubt I'll bother calling their "technical support" again.
Old 11-28-11, 09:24 AM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbriman
Figuring that VAIS may have seen this particular issue before I called their tech support. Well, I can't remember the last time I've dealt with someone who has such poor customer service as the guy who answered the phone. I was just trying to get some help troubleshooting, but he just sounded like he was annoyed that I was bothering him.
I mean, what's the point of even having a tech support phone number if you're not going to provide any technical support?

At the end of the day I love and still recommend the product itself, but I doubt I'll bother calling their "technical support" again.
Glad you figured it out!

I know exactly what you mean when i was attempting the firmware update. I found it more useful when communicating with them on this forum or through email.
Old 11-28-11, 08:26 PM
CruiserGX
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with this other manufacturer and it works great:

http://www.usaspec.com/vehicle_products.php
Old 11-29-11, 06:10 AM
LZMF1
Pole Position

i'm very surprised at this. my experience with VAIS tech customer services has been phenomenal.

i bought a VAIS unit for my GX470 to get XM in it from ebay and installed it. had a few problems so i called them up. the guy on the other end was very helpful and even mentioned that it sounded like the unit was defective...he told me to send it to them and they replaced it free of charge. not bad considering that i had bought it used on ebay!
Old 11-30-11, 07:52 AM
bigbriman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LZMF1
i'm very surprised at this. my experience with VAIS tech customer services has been phenomenal.

i bought a VAIS unit for my GX470 to get XM in it from ebay and installed it. had a few problems so i called them up. the guy on the other end was very helpful and even mentioned that it sounded like the unit was defective...he told me to send it to them and they replaced it free of charge. not bad considering that i had bought it used on ebay!

We must have talked to different guys. The dude I talked to sounded like he hated life.

Last edited by bigbriman; 11-30-11 at 08:09 AM.