GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Husky Floor Liners

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-11, 04:41 AM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Husky Floor Liners

Got my new Husky Floor Liners, from XenonDepot, last week and wanted to provide some feedback and pictures:

Having had the WeatherTech floor mats in my RX330, I like the more "rubberized" feel of the Husky Floor Liners. More flexible and the surface of the Husky have more texture to keep your feet from slipping.

Great coverage on the second row mat. It extends completely across the middle hump. Another great thing about the Husky vs. WeatherTech is the second row mat extend further under the front seats. On the front driver side, I can remove the retaining clip since the Husky Floor Liners have "Sta-put nibs" that grip the carpeting.
Attached Thumbnails Husky Floor Liners-imag0399.jpg   Husky Floor Liners-imag0402.jpg   Husky Floor Liners-imag0403.jpg   Husky Floor Liners-imag0398.jpg  

Last edited by redrocks; 11-28-11 at 04:54 AM.
Old 11-28-11, 04:43 AM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Here's what the old Lexus floor mats look like over the Husky Floor Liners. Noticed how much more coverage the Husky mats have.

Pricing from XenonDepot was very competitive with AutoAnything.com. If you're going to get all-weather mats, Husky Floor Liners are a great choice. I wish I hadn't purchased the dinky Lexus OEM mats. Winter is coming! :-)
Attached Thumbnails Husky Floor Liners-imag0410.jpg   Husky Floor Liners-imag0411.jpg  

Last edited by redrocks; 11-28-11 at 04:47 AM.
Old 11-28-11, 09:24 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Hey Carl,

Thanks for taking the time to put this up ) Husky Liners are certainly the best bang for your buck if you are looking for quality automotive floor liners. Husky Floorliners are custom fitting floor mats with a raised lip designed to fit the most complex contours of any vehicle's carpeted floor area. The pictures you took comparing the stock Lexus all weather mats and the Husky Liners shows just how much better the protection is going to be with this product! Enjoy =)

Steve
Old 12-09-11, 01:13 PM
headcrash
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like near the door frame that the edge of the liner lifts up a bit, can someone catch their toe on this and is it awkward to get in/out? I like the look and seems to be a custom fit but if I risk kids or anyone having difficulties then its not worth it...thoughts...??
Old 12-09-11, 02:26 PM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by headcrash
It looks like near the door frame that the edge of the liner lifts up a bit, can someone catch their toe on this and is it awkward to get in/out? I like the look and seems to be a custom fit but if I risk kids or anyone having difficulties then its not worth it...thoughts...??
Yes, they are about 1/4 above being flush, no issues thus far. My daughter gets in and out with no problems.
Old 12-09-11, 03:29 PM
mntackle
Driver School Candidate

Excellent write up! Thanks for taking the time to post this. I was just telling my wife that we needed some good rubber mats for winter and I jump on here and find this! Awesome! thanks again, this helped tons!
Old 12-09-11, 05:02 PM
Ancient
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are these soft rubber, or plastic?
Old 12-10-11, 02:30 AM
Ancient
Pole Position

Tip/ trick I use the one sided, sticky clear plastic, like they roll out on carpeting in new homes. With no mats in place, I used it on the right side of the gas pedal carpeting, from the consol on the side, down just past where the mat starts. Is it pretty, no. It is clear, so it doesn't bug me that much. Does it keep the sides of my shoes and boots, from making dirt marks on the carpeting in that area, extremely clean. Don't put it under the mats, makes them too slippery, or under the gas pedal, dangerous. I put a strip next the aluminum door threshold plate. In the late spring, or if it needs changed, I just pull off the old one.
Old 12-10-11, 04:19 AM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ancient
Are these soft rubber, or plastic?

According to manufacturer, "Made with a patented rubberized thermo-plastic material" The mats are more flexible than WeatherTech, but not rubbery like true rubber mats.
Old 12-10-11, 04:20 AM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mntackle
Excellent write up! Thanks for taking the time to post this. I was just telling my wife that we needed some good rubber mats for winter and I jump on here and find this! Awesome! thanks again, this helped tons!
These are perfect for all the snow in MN.
Old 12-10-11, 12:57 PM
Ancient
Pole Position

I had weathertech in my Jeep. I wore a hole from my heel and the warranty was a short time period, so I was out of luck. Weathertech was more plastic than rubber, very slippery when wet.
Old 12-11-11, 12:22 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Husky WeatherBeater Liners come with a longer warranty than WeatherTech Liners. WeatherTech only come with a 3 year warranty whereas Husky warranties them for life.

Steve
Old 12-11-11, 08:25 PM
mntackle
Driver School Candidate

they only have tan and grey? I would really like black!
Old 12-12-11, 07:12 AM
Drew903
Driver School Candidate

The GX bought a few months ago came with Husky liners, they are working great but I have to say I like the look and fit of my Weathertech liners I had in my Tacoma a bit more. I also don't really not like the Tan it doesn't match very well.
Old 12-12-11, 09:53 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

mntackle,

Husky Liners (not WeatherBeater) for tris vehicle are in fact only available in tan or grey.

Steve

Quick Reply: Husky Floor Liners