Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GX Models > GX - First Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Calling it quits

Old 04-07-14, 01:37 PM   #31
Fluid
Rookie
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmn View Post
Well, I'm back in a GX. Went to check it out today and came home with it.
Pics? Info? That sounded like a very, very low mile GX ... interested in your impressions vs. your past '03.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Fluid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 02:06 PM   #32
rainmn
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
Pics? Info? That sounded like a very, very low mile GX ... interested in your impressions vs. your past '03.
No pics yet, but it's Blizzard Pearl with gray interior.

Hard to compare to my '03, since it's been about 4 years since I owned that one. The one thing I can say for sure is that I like the color combo much better. (The '03 was Silver Pine w/ beige) Should be a lot easier to keep this interior clean. The nav is also better, and it's nice that it has bluetooth and a backup camera...both of which the '03 did not have.

It's certainly not as advanced as the MDX was with the electronics, but my wife never used 1/2 of what the Acura had anyway.

The condition is exactly what you'd expect for a 21,000 mile vehicle, even though it's over 6 years old. I've looked at plenty of low mileage vehicles that were still beat up....this was not one of them. The front passenger seat still had the "Genuine Lexus Leather" tag on the headrest, and the door sills all still had the protective plastic over the Lexus logos.

The dealer was over 2 hours from me, and I'm glad I put a deposit on it earlier in the week over the phone. When we got there on Saturday, three other people were checking it out at the same time we were. I'd bet it would have sold to someone else that day had we not taken it. That said, there were also 2 or 3 people checking out our MDX before I even got all my stuff out of it.
rainmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-14, 05:28 PM   #33
dkhighperf
Driver School Candidate

Default I get your decision.

I just purchased my 07 GX but I was very close to pulling the trigger on a Range Rover Sport. Sometime buying a vehicle is not always rational. The interiors of the newer LR/RR is first rate and like you said, you leased it so your protected for a period of time.

Hope it all works out for ya,

DK
dkhighperf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-14, 11:17 AM   #34
ROSCOGX470
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmn View Post
No pics yet, but it's Blizzard Pearl with gray interior.

Hard to compare to my '03, since it's been about 4 years since I owned that one. The one thing I can say for sure is that I like the color combo much better. (The '03 was Silver Pine w/ beige) Should be a lot easier to keep this interior clean. The nav is also better, and it's nice that it has bluetooth and a backup camera...both of which the '03 did not have.

It's certainly not as advanced as the MDX was with the electronics, but my wife never used 1/2 of what the Acura had anyway.

The condition is exactly what you'd expect for a 21,000 mile vehicle, even though it's over 6 years old. I've looked at plenty of low mileage vehicles that were still beat up....this was not one of them. The front passenger seat still had the "Genuine Lexus Leather" tag on the headrest, and the door sills all still had the protective plastic over the Lexus logos.

The dealer was over 2 hours from me, and I'm glad I put a deposit on it earlier in the week over the phone. When we got there on Saturday, three other people were checking it out at the same time we were. I'd bet it would have sold to someone else that day had we not taken it. That said, there were also 2 or 3 people checking out our MDX before I even got all my stuff out of it.
Good luck with the new GX, funny thing was I was seriously considering driving from Mass to NJ for the free corroded wheels, haha. I wanted the hyper silver ones and figured it was my chance to refinish them.
ROSCOGX470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-14, 12:54 PM   #35
rainmn
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSCOGX470 View Post
Good luck with the new GX, funny thing was I was seriously considering driving from Mass to NJ for the free corroded wheels, haha. I wanted the hyper silver ones and figured it was my chance to refinish them.
Thanks! I always liked the hyper silver wheels as well....now I have them. Let's hope these last longer than the others did before they start to bubble.
rainmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-14, 12:54 PM

Tags
2011, bad, bra, clear, gl450, lexus, lr4, parts, regret, smell, specialty