GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

What number are YOU on the waiting list?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-02, 08:14 PM
bareyb
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default What number are YOU on the waiting list?

I just talked to the fleet manager at Stevens Creek Lexus and he tells me I'm number 5 on the waiting list. Says he expects to get a few in December. I'm thinking Silver...

Anybody else on a waiting list yet? If you are even CONSIDERING this vehicle it might be a good idea... I'm personally torn between the GX and the Acura MDX. If the Lexus drives even 85 percent as nice as the Acura then I'm down for the Lexus. It's just very hard to buy from anyone else now that I've experienced their level of customer service and quality of product...

Today I took my RX in for it's 40k service and the service manager happened to notice that my Wife and I both bought cars from them. He handed me his card and said next time to please give him a call and he'd personally deliver the loaner vehicle to my house, pick up my car and drop it back off after the service was done... Damn. They really do make you want to buy another car from them!

Last edited by bareyb; 07-10-02 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-10-02, 08:38 PM
vicpai
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile I guess my situation is similar......

Originally posted by bareyb
... I'm personally torn between the GX and the Acura MDX. If the Lexus drives even 85 percent as nice as the Acura then I'm down for the Lexus.
I don't think there's gonna be a problem with the GX driving at least 85% as good as an MDX......IMHO, the LX already drives about 80-85% as good as the MDX (BTW I'm referring to handling/sporty driving pleasure, not comfort - as far as ride comfort goes, the LX is superior to the MDX).......and the GX being a bit less trucklike than the LX, but much more so than an RX, the handling (due to GX being slightly lower than the LX) will be somewhat better than the LX bringing it closer to the MDX!!........I, too, am torn between getting a GX and MDX, but the only reason being that I'm in love with that Acura Navigation System.........However, I'm put off by the MDX's ungainly width (it's just TOO wide ) .........but if Acura does bestow the 2003 MDX with that rumored 280bhp engine and offers a stability system and side-curtain airbags, it might be very hard to overlook this serious contender

It's just very hard to buy from anyone else now that I've experienced their level of customer service and quality of product...
Customer Service OF ANY KIND, let alone something along the lines of a Luxury vehicle, is pretty much non-existent......trust me, I'm an ex-owner of a 3.2TL and my brother currently owns a 2002 TL-Type S!!

Today I took my RX in for it's 40k service and the service manager happened to notice that my Wife and I both bought cars from them. He handed me his card and said next time to please give him a call and he'd personally deliver the loaner vehicle to my house, pick up my car and drop it back off after the service was done... Damn. They really do make you want to buy another car from them!
.......again as far as customer service goes, once you've experienced Lexus (the same brother of mine who owns the Type-S owned an RX 300 before), you are going to be in for a RUDE AWAKENING if you happen to buy an Acura product.......if the product is flawless and you don't need to interact with them you're fine......otherwise God help anyone who needs to deal with Acura!!.............they're extremely arrogant, rude, ignorant and generally exhibit an attidude which says "we have any number of people waiting in line to buy our vehicles, and we could care less if you have a problem or not"

Last edited by vicpai; 07-10-02 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-10-02, 11:26 PM
bareyb
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: I guess my situation is similar......

Originally posted by vicpai
However, I'm put off by the MDX's ungainly width (it's just TOO wide ) but if Acura does bestow the 2003 MDX with that rumored 280bhp engine and offers a stability system and side-curtain airbags, it might be very hard to overlook this serious contender...

Again as far as customer service goes, once you've experienced Lexus (the same brother of mine who owns the Type-S owned an RX 300 before), you are going to be in for a RUDE AWAKENING if you happen to buy an Acura product...if the product is flawless and you don't need to interact with them you're fine...otherwise God help anyone who needs to deal with Acura!! They're extremely arrogant, rude, ignorant and generally exhibit an attidude which says "we have any number of people waiting in line to buy our vehicles, and we could care less if you have a problem or not"
The width has always been a factor for me as well. With an RX300 already in the garage I was tying hard to get something fairly narrow. Unfortunately the MDX is about as wide as a Tahoe... THAT's not gonna help matters much but I think we should be able to squeeze one in if that's the way we decide to go.

I agree that Acura's CS is just dismal. No different at all from the crappy treatment I'm unfortunately used to getting from the American Dealerships. They just seem to have a contempt for their customers. It's like they all stand around in the break room drinking coffee and complaining about what a burden everyone is. I loved what you said about being "surprised" by the great level of CS at the lexus dealership. It's sad but true, I've become accustomed to having to deal with ****** when I go to a dealership. I was knocked out by the great attitude that Lexus employees all seem to share. I suppose with that great a product it's a little easier to feel good about work.

Last edited by bareyb; 07-10-02 at 11:28 PM.