GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Suggestion for the GX Leather Seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-10, 08:59 AM
mann777

Received 63 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Suggestion for the GX Leather Seats

Would anybody know what is the best method of removal & conditioner a good brand to remove the fine crease marks on the GX leather seats ( specially the Driver Seats and the Co-Driver ). Also are GX seats Analine or Semi Analine Leather. As do not want to take a risk with the cleaners and conditions as so many that are flooded the market, branding they are the best. Your experiences will give an opportunity to take the best views for its maintenance. Just to let you know I have not used any brands till date since delivery, but now I feel this needs a maintenance. As day in and out we move our ***, the fine leather have got creases and lines, which I really need it to be removed. thks
Attached Thumbnails Suggestion for the GX Leather Seats-seat.jpg  

Last edited by mann777; 07-18-10 at 09:16 AM.
Old 07-18-10, 10:13 AM
lev00221
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I clean my car seats with saddle soap and it works great (smells nice also). You may be able to get some of the dirt out of the creases but the creases themselves will always be there. Interesting country you live in.........EARTH. What's the capital? I've heard that NYC is the capital of the EARTH. I agree that motivation determines what you do. In fact, enougth motivation can overcome a lack of ability.
Old 07-19-10, 11:28 AM
Lexus 4 ME
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have 2004 too, I have exactly the same problem. I tried every product recommended, nothing works. Eventually I am planning to put new leather. I got price range between 900-1600$ for front row and back row. I reupholstered my BMW, it looks nice, but leather is much thiner then OEM.
Old 07-19-10, 04:32 PM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus 4 ME
I have 2004 too, I have exactly the same problem. I tried every product recommended, nothing works. Eventually I am planning to put new leather. I got price range between 900-1600$ for front row and back row. I reupholstered my BMW, it looks nice, but leather is much thiner then OEM.
That sounds like an interesting option. Were they able to duplicate the seams and the stitching of the original leather?

How long do you think the thinner leather will last?
Old 07-19-10, 04:40 PM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mann777
Also are GX seats Analine or Semi Analine Leather.
The GX 470 seats are not semi-analine. That was only added as an option starting with the 2010 GX 460.
Old 07-20-10, 08:33 AM
mann777

Received 63 Likes on 30 Posts

thanks Antonio, so what leather are GX made up of, as that would be better to have the right cleaner and condition to suit it.
Old 07-20-10, 03:05 PM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mann777
thanks Antonio, so what leather are GX made up of, as that would be better to have the right cleaner and condition to suit it.
The GX 470 has coated leather.

Here is a link to a related thread from the Automotive Care & Detailing Forum.

I hope it will provide the information you need.
Old 07-21-10, 07:19 AM
zippymbr
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been detailing for many years and I always use Charlies Soap APC in a dilution of 10:1 for cleaning using a Mr. Clean Eraser. Spray the solution on one section and use the Eraser after it has been soaked with the cleaning solution and scrub the seat. You will be amazed at how much dirt and butt polish comes off the seats. Wipe clean with a MF towel that is damp from a bucket of warm water. Once the seat is dry I use Lexol as a good all around conditioner. My fav is Apple leather conditioner that you can buy at Burlington Coat Factory and is the same as the Coach leather creame. poorboys makes a good one and I have used it alot with good sucess on Honda and other import seats
Old 07-21-10, 09:02 AM
Lexus 4 ME
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by antonio98
That sounds like an interesting option. Were they able to duplicate the seams and the stitching of the original leather?

How long do you think the thinner leather will last?
New stitching looks even better, I also went with Suede inserts in the middle. As far as quality I am still very happy. I did it 4 years ago.
Old 07-29-10, 08:03 PM
ROSCOGX470
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 71 Posts

I went on ebay for leather color coatings and it worked great. They ask for specifics on the vehicle like year, make, and model. They then sent me a color swatch chart to match up the color perfect. I used it originally for a small cigar burn on the passengers seat- It covered great. I then wiped on the color coating on the area that has the cracks as stated above. I quickly wiped off the excess and it blended in great- no more dark cracks.
Old 08-02-10, 12:41 PM
cssnms
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I use Lexol Ph cleaner followed by their conditioner. http://www.lexol.com/auto.html I have creases along the driver's side bolster as well, which tend to collect dirt so the creases appear more pronounced. I find a good quality terry cloth towel provides enough scrubbing/abrassion to get most of the grime out of the creases. Scrub the bolsters good, let it soak, then scrub them again. Repeat if necessary.

Not much you can do about the creases other than clean them. Do they look new when I done, no, but they look A LOT better. If the seats are maintaned with a cleaner on a routine basis they will require less effort to clean each time.

Last edited by cssnms; 08-02-10 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-11-10, 05:28 AM
volman3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leather repair dye bought on ebay??

ROSCOGX470, could you please post the ebay user id of the individual that you bought your leather "repair" kit from. I looked on ebay and there are several and want to make sure I am buying the right product. Thank You.
Old 08-14-10, 09:39 PM
snhrph
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser does the trick for me.
Old 08-15-10, 07:39 AM
rbx10
Driver

Chemicalguys.com
Look for leather conditioner cleaner all in one. They sell big gallons in bulk.

I haven't tried lexol yet. but I'm going to today and I'll let you know.
But Chemicalguys is "dee" place to get stuff for your cars. Stuff comes in big jug so you save. and the best microfiber towels I've ever used.

Guys is this true ??? I hear that autogeek.net is repackaging chemicalguys product and selling it as their own.

-rbx10
GX470-2008 Pearly White
Old 08-15-10, 02:38 PM
rbx10
Driver

OK the results are in. I Just finish using the Lexol Cleaner and Conditioner on tan leather and I was amazed!!! Blown away !!!!!

Lexol from now on!
rbx10

Quick Reply: Suggestion for the GX Leather Seats