Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GX Models > GX - First Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

other toyota / lexus wheels that fit '04 GX470?

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-10, 08:20 AM   #16
ROSCOGX470
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
ROSCOGX470's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 519
Default

17" factory Tundra 5 split spoke chrome wheels on GX

Name:  chrome GX wheels 002.jpg
Views: 4325
Size:  77.3 KB

Name:  chrome GX wheels 001.jpg
Views: 3989
Size:  46.7 KB

What do you think?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
__________________
'04 GX470 SILVER PINE METALLIC NAV/ML
'02 GMC ENVOY SLT INDIGO BLUE(SOLD)
'10 HONDA CROSSTOUR EX-L polished metal
ROSCOGX470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-10, 08:42 AM   #17
SmittysGX
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 141
Default

Looks great ROSCO!!! Now do those have the same 25mm off set as the factory GX wheels? How do the 265/70/17s fit?
SmittysGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-10, 10:01 AM   #18
ROSCOGX470
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
ROSCOGX470's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittysGX View Post
Looks great ROSCO!!! Now do those have the same 25mm off set as the factory GX wheels? How do the 265/70/17s fit?
Smitty, I'm almost positive the offset is like 15mm, which gives the extra space for the 265/70's- no rubbing at all. Although, I think others have used the 265/70's on the factory GX wheels without rubbing as well. Just more tires to pick from in the 70 ratio, and fills wheel well a little more.
__________________
'04 GX470 SILVER PINE METALLIC NAV/ML
'02 GMC ENVOY SLT INDIGO BLUE(SOLD)
'10 HONDA CROSSTOUR EX-L polished metal
ROSCOGX470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-10, 04:19 PM   #19
cmarshack
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ca
Posts: 477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittysGX View Post
Looks great ROSCO!!! Now do those have the same 25mm off set as the factory GX wheels? How do the 265/70/17s fit?
OEM Tundra's with 17's had an 18mm Offset if I am not mistaken.
__________________

22" Boss 313 Black Chrome
305-40-22 Hankook Ventus RH-06
6000K XD Xenon
Prado LED Tail Lights
Drilled & Slotted Rotors w/GreenStuff Ultimate
Custom Magnaflow Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
-------------SOLD--------------
cmarshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-10, 06:41 PM   #20
ROSCOGX470
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
ROSCOGX470's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarshack View Post
OEM Tundra's with 17's had an 18mm Offset if I am not mistaken.
That sounds right. I'm still confused on the whole offset thing anyways. I guess compared to the 25mm GX wheels- I gain 7mm of backspace, so the wheels stick out 7mm more than the GX wheels. Does this sound right? Anyways they fit nice, and are more readily available.
__________________
'04 GX470 SILVER PINE METALLIC NAV/ML
'02 GMC ENVOY SLT INDIGO BLUE(SOLD)
'10 HONDA CROSSTOUR EX-L polished metal
ROSCOGX470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-10, 07:05 PM   #21
SmittysGX
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 141
Default

Thats exactly right!! They will sit that much more to the outside, giving you a slightly (very slight) wider stance.

Last edited by SmittysGX; 11-03-10 at 07:48 PM..
SmittysGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-10, 05:18 PM   #22
ROSCOGX470
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
ROSCOGX470's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittysGX View Post
Thats exactly right!! They will sit hat much more to the outside, giving you a slightly (very slight) wider stance.
I have noticed the slightly wider stance. I like it. Takes getting used to with the chrome wheels. Didnt want too much bling if you know what I'm saying- I am 40 yrs. old with a wife and 2 kids. I'm not into the big 20"+ wheels- just not my style. I got a set of Goodyear HP's used on craigslist for a steal and I must say inspite of the poor reviews on tirerack.com they are pretty nice and very quiet. 6/32's remaining on all 4 for $40. Not bad.
__________________
'04 GX470 SILVER PINE METALLIC NAV/ML
'02 GMC ENVOY SLT INDIGO BLUE(SOLD)
'10 HONDA CROSSTOUR EX-L polished metal
ROSCOGX470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-10, 10:35 AM   #23
SmittysGX
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSCOGX470 View Post
I have noticed the slightly wider stance. I like it. Takes getting used to with the chrome wheels. Didnt want too much bling if you know what I'm saying- I am 40 yrs. old with a wife and 2 kids. I'm not into the big 20"+ wheels- just not my style. I got a set of Goodyear HP's used on craigslist for a steal and I must say inspite of the poor reviews on tirerack.com they are pretty nice and very quiet. 6/32's remaining on all 4 for $40. Not bad.
Ya, we are in the same boat. Iím not one for all the BLING either. I currently have those 22Ē Black Rhino Hard Alloys (painted silver) on the GX. They were on the GX when we bought it and I have recently picked up a set of FJ wheels that I will put on as soon as I can sell the 22s. I thought about chroming the FJ wheels and then I go back to just leaving them alone. Time will tell I guess. Iím also looking at the different brands and sizes of tires to go on the FJ wheels. Here is a pick of the new wheels waiting for some new rubber.

Click the image to open in full size.
SmittysGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-10, 07:03 PM   #24
chrisvr6
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: chicago
Posts: 435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittysGX View Post
Ya, we are in the same boat. Iím not one for all the BLING either. I currently have those 22Ē Black Rhino Hard Alloys (painted silver) on the GX. They were on the GX when we bought it and I have recently picked up a set of FJ wheels that I will put on as soon as I can sell the 22s. I thought about chroming the FJ wheels and then I go back to just leaving them alone. Time will tell I guess. Iím also looking at the different brands and sizes of tires to go on the FJ wheels. Here is a pick of the new wheels waiting for some new rubber.

Click the image to open in full size.
lets see the 22's.
chrisvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-10, 07:16 PM   #25
ROSCOGX470
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
ROSCOGX470's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 519
Default

Nice wheels Smitty, They would like nice Chrome. I'm sure in Cali It wouldnt be hard to find a place to chrome them. Ebay has the chrome exchange, where you send your wheels and they send the chrome ones. Try craigslist locally for tires- You would be surprised what they have for take off tires. Either way they are nice wheels. 22" wheels should sell easily.
__________________
'04 GX470 SILVER PINE METALLIC NAV/ML
'02 GMC ENVOY SLT INDIGO BLUE(SOLD)
'10 HONDA CROSSTOUR EX-L polished metal
ROSCOGX470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-10, 11:23 AM   #26
SmittysGX
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvr6 View Post
lets see the 22's.
Hey Chris, here are the 22s on the GX. These are just some pics of the vehicle and not necessarily of the wheels. I will try to get some more specific shots of the wheels and post them up here soon. I might do a Classified add soon for these wheels and tires. The silver matches just about perfect with the silver of the vehicle. The lip is almost a polished look even though some pics don’t show the shine. The tires are Nitto 285/45R22s with plenty of tread left.

I live near the beach here in SoCal and the sun hides out alot here.
Click the image to open in full size.
Definately no sun here!
Click the image to open in full size.
Again, not much sunlight.
Click the image to open in full size.
Here the sun is out but obviously not a good pic of the wheels.
Click the image to open in full size.
SmittysGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-10, 11:27 AM   #27
SmittysGX
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSCOGX470 View Post
Nice wheels Smitty, They would like nice Chrome. I'm sure in Cali It wouldnt be hard to find a place to chrome them. Ebay has the chrome exchange, where you send your wheels and they send the chrome ones. Try craigslist locally for tires- You would be surprised what they have for take off tires. Either way they are nice wheels. 22" wheels should sell easily.
Yes! a buddy of mine not too far away (riverside) has a chrome exchange business. He also does powder coating so with some time to decide I am weighing all my options .
SmittysGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-10, 04:51 PM   #28
ROSCOGX470
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
ROSCOGX470's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittysGX View Post
Yes! a buddy of mine not too far away (riverside) has a chrome exchange business. He also does powder coating so with some time to decide I am weighing all my options .
Not a detective yet but I noticed you got the tow hitch. Very nice, especially near the beach in Cali.
__________________
'04 GX470 SILVER PINE METALLIC NAV/ML
'02 GMC ENVOY SLT INDIGO BLUE(SOLD)
'10 HONDA CROSSTOUR EX-L polished metal
ROSCOGX470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-10, 04:06 PM   #29
jditom
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: OR
Posts: 302
Default

No chrome, no running boards, FJ wheels with 265/70/17 Revo II's.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

FJ wheels look and work great plus they are offset out 10mm for a wider stance
__________________
2007 RX400h
jditom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-10, 07:12 PM   #30
ROSCOGX470
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
ROSCOGX470's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 519
Default

Very nice. I've spoiled my GX, never off road though I'm sure she is capable. I have the chrome Sequoia wheels with same size tires and like it. FJ wheels are nice too. I also like the 18" 4Runner chrome wheels. After my GX wheels started to pit, I was looking into all the different Toyota alternatives. What a shame when Toyota wheels look better than Lexus.
__________________
'04 GX470 SILVER PINE METALLIC NAV/ML
'02 GMC ENVOY SLT INDIGO BLUE(SOLD)
'10 HONDA CROSSTOUR EX-L polished metal
ROSCOGX470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-10, 07:12 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
04, 4runner, bigger, finish, fit, fits, gx, gx470, large, lexus, machined, tire, tires, toyota, upgrade, wheel, wheels

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need information regarding this OEM wheels for the Lexus LS (XF40) Blackraven LS460, LS460L and LS600h 2 05-04-14 10:15 PM
Tire Size TomShea LS430 14 01-16-13 07:44 AM
'04 RX330, whats the biggest tire for stock rims? khilgers RX - Second Generation 1 12-04-11 10:26 PM
Stock 17" 04' ls430 wheel offset maximussp LS430 5 05-07-08 08:59 AM
OEM 18" wheels for IS250 AWD mctuners IS - Second Generation 3 09-20-07 12:32 PM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:55 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info