GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Got Lexus extended warranty

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-10, 06:50 AM
schouse13
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ubond007
Hey guys so anyone know who to contact for us forum members looking to get the extended warranty. I have an 08 w/ 31K miles. thx!
Call Jerry Johnson. He beat Toby and Troy hands down for me. See info below. He's a toyota guy, but they write the lexus warranties as well.

Jerry Johnson

Midwest Toyota

Midwest Superstore

1100 east 30th

Hutchinson, Ks 67502

Phone 800-530-5789
Old 08-18-10, 12:58 PM
JASP615
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you please tell us the price that you were given for the extended warranty from Jerry. Right now I'm in the process of getting the extended warranty through Troy 7/75000 1655.00 If this is much cheaper then I will go with Jerry or at least ask Troy if he will match this.

Thanks,
Sami
Old 08-18-10, 01:03 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by JASP615
Can you please tell us the price that you were given for the extended warranty from Jerry. Right now I'm in the process of getting the extended warranty through Troy 7/75000 1655.00 If this is much cheaper then I will go with Jerry or at least ask Troy if he will match this.

Thanks,
Sami
A friend of mine called Jerry. He's off today, but will be in tomorrow...
Old 08-18-10, 01:13 PM
JASP615
Driver

Thanks, I just called also and left a voice mail for him. Troy is going to charge my card on Aug 23rd, but if this is cheaper then I will go with Jerry or ask Troy to match it. Troy already has my paper work since all I needed to do was fax a copy of my Title and a letter stating my mileage and my in service date which is Aug 29th so I have some time yet.

This is the first time I every held on to a truck this long that I would need an extended warranty so this is all new to me.

Thanks,
Sami

Last edited by JASP615; 08-18-10 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-18-10, 03:27 PM
schouse13
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JASP615

Thanks,
Sami

My GX is an '07 with 49k miles and I got the 7 year/100k mile lexus platinum, 0 deduct from Jerry for $2,040.00.

All he needs is the VIN (He checks the original in service date),the miles and a credit card number, that's it.
Old 08-18-10, 06:52 PM
ROSCOGX470
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by schouse13
My GX is an '07 with 49k miles and I got the 7 year/100k mile lexus platinum, 0 deduct from Jerry for $2,040.00.

All he needs is the VIN (He checks the original in service date),the miles and a credit card number, that's it.
That is an outstanding price. When I bought my 04 GX with 60k miles I was only able to go aftermarket with a company called Peoples Protection. It was a 4yr./ 48k mile warranty with $100 deductible for $2100. I have used it once and it was a PITA. The warranty states you can take your truck anywhere, well what it dosent tell you is they have a right to use aftermarket parts. After bringing my GX to the local Lexus dealership for bad front calipers. I found out Lexus wanted $450 per caliper and the warranty Co. would only allow $157 per caliper plus labor. I had to bring it to a repair garage that would do the work with aftermarket parts for the price allowed. Now to be fair, I called around for calipers and found a range of $100-$215 per caliper, So Lexus prices were almost 3 times what aftermarket calipers were going for.
Old 08-18-10, 08:58 PM
cobra2top
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am parking the $2k in the bank and just keeping up on the maintanence. A good friend is a dealer and said the warranties are good to get for something like a BMW or Mercedes, but feels the Lexus rarely needs it.

How many people here have used their extended warranties and actually had it pay off?Just curious.
Old 08-19-10, 09:18 AM
Lexus 4 ME
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly even with Lexus extended warranty well worth it. Things that can happen to your car is: Leaking radiator, leaking shocks, air suspension problems, and rotors/calipers.
Old 08-19-10, 10:38 AM
JASP615
Driver

I have never bought an extended warranty for anything. With the truck this is the first time I have ever held on to a truck longer then 3 yrs so this is something to think about.

I debated weather or not to just put the money in the bank and if anything should go wrong then the money would be there but would the 1655.00 cover what went wrong?

My truck was just 3 yrs old with 26,000 miles (if I recall correctly) and I was in Cape May on a Sunday and low and behold my truck just stopped. Called Lexus link for what good that did to get help. (long story it has been written about on here) anyway I had to have my truck towed twice. First to a yard because it was a Sunday and then up to Atlantic City Lexus where I was told that my Alternator went and from what I understand this is quite rare. They also could not tell me when they would be able to get one. Well I needed a rental (which Lexus paid for) I needed a way to get home (which Lexus reimbursed me for and I needed the truck delivered back to me over 60 miles away. (We later said we would be back down the shore they could bring it there) With out the warranty I would have been not a happy camper with the total bill. All a fluke but that is what warranties are for. To me it's just a piece of mind that for the next 3 yrs I don't have to worry about anything and it will be just in time for another truck if I chose.

I just called Jerry Johnson from Midwest Toyota and his price quote for the 7/75000 was 1550.00 which with Troy the price was 1665.00 I have a call into Troy to see if he will match this price if not I will go with Jerry. Money is money and if I'm saving 115.00 then that's more in my pocket. Both sound professional and very accommodating. So I think you can't go wrong with either providing the price is the same. Jerry will take AMEX in addition to the other CC's but Troy will only take MC or Visa.

UPDATE:
I have spoken to Troy and he has not only matched the price but he has a 110% of the difference policy that in the rare case you find a better price he will match the price and discount the % which brings my total to $1538.00 for 7/75000 0 deductible. You can't beat that. He is extremely professional and a pleasure to deal with. I also need to thank the guys/ladies on this site. This isn't the first time that you all have helped me out and saved me money. Love this site.

Sami

Last edited by JASP615; 08-19-10 at 12:19 PM.
Old 09-24-10, 07:30 AM
satiger
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Just to give an update on my warranty - I had an opportunity to use this warranty on GX. It is still in the shop to replace radiator, rear entertainment system fix and driver door window noise issue. When dropping off, Lexus service personal asked me whether it is a Lexus warranty and I replied it was purchased through Toyota Financial Services. He didn't ask any thing further. I also got loaner.
Old 11-17-10, 03:06 PM
amish333
Driver School Candidate

I just got a 07 IS 350 with about 18k miles on it last week. It's under warranty until mid next year... I was planning to get extended warranty on it and after reading the posts in this thread was planning to call up either Jerry or Troy. But my question is can I take this extended warranty sometime next year?? Or do I need to take it as soon as I buy the car? The dealer I bought it from said that I need to get it by the end of the month. Is that true or will Troy or Jerry provide me warranty even next year?
Old 11-17-10, 06:11 PM
cssnms
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by amish333
I just got a 07 IS 350 with about 18k miles on it last week. It's under warranty until mid next year... I was planning to get extended warranty on it and after reading the posts in this thread was planning to call up either Jerry or Troy. But my question is can I take this extended warranty sometime next year?? Or do I need to take it as soon as I buy the car? The dealer I bought it from said that I need to get it by the end of the month. Is that true or will Troy or Jerry provide me warranty even next year?
The dealer is f'ing with you. You can buy an extended warranty anytime before your warranty expires.
Old 11-17-10, 08:15 PM
ROSCOGX470
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 71 Posts

True. As long as your vehicle has an existing "factory" warranty you can extend it anytime. In my case I bought my GX without a Lexus warranty in place(except for the corrosion coverage) and had to go Aftermarket with Peoples protection Co. 4/48 $100 deductible for appx. $2100. Not a very good deal, but better than the alternative of having no coverage. I bought an 04 with 60k miles a year ago. I only do 12k miles per year so I should get 4 years of coverage.
Old 11-18-10, 11:10 AM
amish333
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cssnms
The dealer is f'ing with you. You can buy an extended warranty anytime before your warranty expires.
Thanks for the info. Also, this may be a no-brainer but I can't help asking... Should I go for the Lexus warranty or a third party one? I've heard a few names like Warranty Direct and CarCheck. Anyone in here have a third party warranty? I would like to hear your experience with it.
Old 11-18-10, 11:46 AM
Vinniety
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by amish333
Thanks for the info. Also, this may be a no-brainer but I can't help asking... Should I go for the Lexus warranty or a third party one? I've heard a few names like Warranty Direct and CarCheck. Anyone in here have a third party warranty? I would like to hear your experience with it.
I recommend dealer warranty. I had a third party warranty on my wifes gx 470 and when i had a leak in the radiator it was a disaster. i ended up fixing my self for a fraction of the cost and saving the headaches. The dealership told me they will not work with the outside warranty company. What ever its done now and the warranty has expired and its been two years of great driving. Of course i maintain it alot.

Quick Reply: Got Lexus extended warranty