GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Buying a GX - Need 3rd Row Seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-08, 09:07 PM
coldwiz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a GX - Need 3rd Row Seats

I am ready to move on from the minivan stage of my life and plan to sell my wife's Honda Odyssey. We have driven a couple of GX's and my wife loves them. I am a 4Runner man so this is great with me. We really like the fact that you can carry 8 (small) passengers with the 3rd row seats.

I found a GX that we really like but it is missing the 3rd row seats. It has the brackets and seat belts for the 3rd row but the dealer has no idea what happened to them. Anyone have a set in gray that they want to sell? I would like to buy this GX but I am wondering how hard it is going to be to find some seats that don't cost an arm and both legs.
Old 03-28-08, 05:34 AM
BurgBoxstr
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if it's a Lexus dealer - find out what it'll cost to replace them. If they haven't put them in already.... there'$ a rea$on

Might check the classifieds here and keep an eye out on ebay. Currently on the auction site there is only one set (tan - sorry) w/ a opening bid price of $900 (plus $115 frt to me - just one state away so your frt est would probably be triple....). Regardless, if you need the 3rd row and the vehicle should have them, I'd pass on it until they are put in or you have a set of them. Otherwise you'll end up negating any savings on the vehicle trying to acquire them.

There are more than a few used GXs out there. Find one w/ all the equipment you need from the get go. No sense monkeying around IMNSHO
Old 03-29-08, 04:44 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Keep watching ebay. I sometimes see a set in gray or tan. I would sell you the set from my 07 in gray since I removed them the day I got the GX home and stored them since I have no use for them. But then when I go to sell/trade, I know I would take a big hit on the price because of the missing seats.

Otherwise offer the seller $1,500.00 less for the missing seats. But first price out the seats from a dealership with the attaching brackets attached. Come to think of it, I bet these seats from Lexus would cost over $2000.00.
Old 03-29-08, 10:02 PM
pump142
Driver

wow I didnt know seats fetched so much. Im sure there are alot of folks me included that just have them sitting in garage
Old 03-30-08, 06:41 AM
coldwiz
Driver School Candidate

That seems to be the consensus that most people don't use them. I only need to carry more than 5 a few times a year so they wouldn't see much use even with me. But one of the reasons (there are many, many more) why the GX is so appealing to me is that it can carry 8 but it still easily fits in the garage.

But 3rd row seats or not, I couldn't resist this GX and bought it yesterday. It is a 2004 with 34,000 miles in ash blue with nav, ML stereo, factory DVD, tow package, and rear spoiler. The dealer came off $2500 and then another $500 if I bought it before the end of the month. We really like the ash blue with gray combo and I have been looking at GX's for awhile and can't say I have even seen an ash blue model for sale within 50 miles. I see alot of GX's on the road around here but there are only a few for sale at a given time and most of those are well over what I wanted to pay.

The listing for it said dynamic suspension so I was really hoping to score one with KDSS but it doesn't have it. The keys aren't in the best shape so I will be ordering new key bodies soon and need to get some weathertech/husky type mats before next winter. I would love to put some 18" 4Runner rims on it but the tires on it are like new Michelins plus I need to save my money for some seats!

Glad to be part of the club now! And please let me know if you want to part with your 3rd row seats. Thanks!
Old 03-31-08, 08:07 PM
coldwiz
Driver School Candidate

Pic of the new addition

Old 04-08-08, 08:14 PM
coldwiz
Driver School Candidate

Default Edit: Bought a GX and don't need 3rd row seats

I don't need 3rd row seats anymore...

Wifey is loving the GX.
Old 04-09-08, 10:08 AM
JasonCANES
Driver

If you haven't unzipped the back pocket of the third row seats yet, check it out - there is a third headrest for the rear! I'm only laughing because I'm on my 4th GX and I just figured that out - haha!
Old 04-09-08, 02:48 PM
coldwiz
Driver School Candidate

That's too funny! I just found the headrest about a minute before I read this. I put the seats in last night but it was snowing and kind of dark so I didn't waste a lot of time out there. I just got home from work and took a look to see what everything looks like in daylight, saw the zipper and was wondering why it was only on one side. Anyway I found the headrest. I just thought that big **** middle row head rest was optional.
Old 04-09-08, 03:02 PM
JasonCANES
Driver

Frank - enjoy the new Lexus and since I'm coming out to Milwaukee for meetings at my company's new world HQ, let's get rid of that snow ASAP! Welcome to the club and enjoy!
Old 04-09-08, 07:45 PM
coldwiz
Driver School Candidate

Thanks! We have lived in WI for 5 years after moving up from SC/NC. Quite a change but this was the first measurable snow I remember in April. It was gone by this afternoon but they are calling for more this weekend! It was in the low 60's last weekend so there is hope...
Old 04-10-08, 06:49 PM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

coldwiz, congrats and welcome to the club!
Old 04-10-08, 11:31 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Originally Posted by coldwiz
I don't need 3rd row seats anymore...

Wifey is loving the GX.

Did you get the seats on ebay??
Old 04-11-08, 11:03 AM
coldwiz
Driver School Candidate

yep - I was a little premature (insert joke) in my purchase. One week there aren't any and the next week there are 3 sets of gray seats. Oh well. The 3 grand I got off the asking price should make me feel better but for some reason it doesn't.