GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Wish list on re-designed GX470

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-07, 08:24 AM
unabacia
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default back up camera??

Originally Posted by Liam
The GX470 needs a back up camera
You mean instead of the one it already has?
Old 09-21-07, 08:59 AM
Liam
Driver School Candidate

Default back up camera

Our 2003 GX470 does not have back up camera.
Old 09-21-07, 09:00 AM
GXlexus470
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Liam
power operated rear liftgate - current side opening model is a pain;
originally wanted a 6 CD in dash changer in our GX470 until we purchased a 2008 Infiniti G37 with the built in 9.3 gb hard drive - much better than carrying around a bunch of CDs - car also has a compact flash slot in case you reach the 150 CD maximum on the hard drive;
A hard drive instead of a CD changer... now that's a great idea! How do you upload data into it? thru CF slot? just curious. For now w/my GX, I "Ipodized" it.
Old 09-21-07, 09:11 AM
Liam
Driver School Candidate

Default hard drive & back up camera

The hard drive on the Infiniti G37 is loaded by placing a CD into the CD slot on the drive - you can then request it be copied to the hard drive. You can also activate a setting which will cause every CD inserted to copied automatically. I believe you can also select certain tracks from a CD if you don't wish to copy the entire thing. An entire CD is copied by about the 3rd track - you don't need to play the whole thing.

Stored CDs can be easily deleted. I don't believe you can copy from the compact flash to the hard drive - but I'm still learning the electronics. There are also ipod connection in the console.

A previous post referenced my wish for a back up camera - I've since done a little research and it appears the camera was introduced on the 2004 models - ours is a 2003.
Old 09-23-07, 06:21 AM
thedon3
Rookie

Thumbs up Wish List - Redesigned GX

I would like to see the following:
1) Review outside mirrows - power folding and auto dimming (bright lights)
2) Blind sport cameras like new LX-570
3) Padded bigger, center island console
4) Hard Drive & dash mounter CD player
5) Head Rest DVD Players
6) Traffic XM nav option
7) Power read door like 4 runner
8) 2nd row climate control with heated seats
9) Some type of option for easier people loading ie: It's tough to get mom in and out of 2 nd row seat. It would be great if there was a kneeling option like buses have installed or at least as an option
10) adaptaive lighting
11) push button start
12) Folding 3 row seating
13) Easier Bluetooth menu
Old 09-24-07, 02:11 PM
GatorGreg
Advanced

Received 190 Likes on 113 Posts

I'm driving an ES courtesy car today and it has a button on the steering wheel to cycle through the various trip computer settings - would be nice to have that on the GX instead of having to reach to the top of the dash. Also has the start button, would take some getting used to but I think I like it.
Old 09-30-07, 04:35 PM
cwalker7
7th Gear

Wink Better GX

First and foremost take away the annoying message on the Nav screen, make it Ipod compatible, make the voice nav recongize a man's voice. My wife can get it to work but everytime I ask for something it does something else. Longer leg room in the 3rd row and I agree with a fold flat 3rd row.
Heated rear seats so the kids can stop complaining when it's cold. And I would also like to see signal mirrors and I go on and on...........
And with all of this missing I still love my 04 GX
Old 10-01-07, 09:09 PM
GXlexus470
Driver

Originally Posted by cwalker7
First and foremost take away the annoying message on the Nav screen, make it Ipod compatible, make the voice nav recongize a man's voice. My wife can get it to work but everytime I ask for something it does something else. Longer leg room in the 3rd row and I agree with a fold flat 3rd row.
Heated rear seats so the kids can stop complaining when it's cold. And I would also like to see signal mirrors and I go on and on...........
And with all of this missing I still love my 04 GX
No wonder I couldn't make Voice Command to work too... I will try talking higher pitch next time see if it would recognize my commands... Heated rear seats will be great... definitely.
Old 10-10-07, 12:09 PM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My wish list...
  • Full center console armrest
  • HID's & LED's
  • IPod integration and hard drive
  • Power liftgate w/power window
  • Fold flat 3rd row seats
  • Dual exhaust
  • Headrest DVD players
  • Driver controlled AC & heat controls for 2nd and 3rd row
  • Power fold side mirrors w/turn signals
  • Of course, the 5.7 V8
Old 10-12-07, 09:16 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

I don't think you will be seeing a redesigned GX until 2010 model year.
Old 10-15-07, 11:36 AM
GatorGreg
Advanced

Received 190 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by pagemaster
I don't think you will be seeing a redesigned GX until 2010 model year.
I think you're probably right, someone at T4R.ORG posted a link to this Autoweek article which says a new 4Runner won't be out til the 2010 model year:

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...73291264795157

This seems credible to me given that the third gen T4R also lasted for seven model years, from '96-'02, and I haven't seen any spy shots yet which I would think would be floating around by now if it was gonna happen for '09. So I also think it will be a 2010 model year.
Old 10-16-07, 08:10 AM
GXlexus470
Driver

is this one of the reasons why GX has one of the if not the highest resale value in its class? MBenz/BMW tend to have 5-6 years model cycles on their designs too I think and they tend to hold value over years... if that is the case... then its 1 more thing to be happy about our GX.

Did anyone mentioned beverage cooler and air cooled seats already... how about powered side mirrors w/integrated turn signal lights.
Old 11-11-07, 02:02 PM
gperrylaw
Driver School Candidate

.5.7 liter V8
.Bigger third row
.off road package
.6 speed
.hid lights
.rear heating and ac controls
.heated and cooled seats
Old 11-28-07, 12:08 PM
ADVocate
Pole Position

Cool What about the core success so far ...

I see quite a few suggestions. Some of them suggesting the truck should become a bigger item. I have to differ, the reason I bought this truck is because of its' smaller profile. If it were larger by a couple of inches I would have passed on it. For me, a better truck would be to integrate features that are more advanced and not hang with the secondary feature sets.

- The Nav system and key start are completely lame compared to other manufacturers, needs major upgrade or different OEM supplier.
- The robust drive train is awesome, but correct the harmonic noise drone at 70 mph.
- The implementation of rear only height control is weak at best, needs to be all 4 wheels.
- Passenger seat should have 6 way adjustment
- Rear lift gate with Power window (I know I am not alone on this)
- Better center console storage with "Trip-matic" type gate shifter
- Folding outer Mirrors

But, actually I think the trend will be more "ecological" and weight restrictive. After all, by the time the new models come out there is the very real prospect petrol will be around $5/gal. And the manufacture goal is to sell a lot of trucks, not a few.
Old 12-02-07, 12:01 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Late 2009 release for 2010 model.

No suggestions as they have been discussed a great many times over a great many threads and no suggestion nowadays is new.

If I don't like it I simply would purchase something else. Besides not one vehicle has or ever will be made that caters to everyones wishes. We compromise and hopefully are satisfied.

Quick Reply: Wish list on re-designed GX470