GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Xenon Depot - 4300K Xtreme HID - Install w/Pics (no 56k)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-07, 10:20 AM
NexVision
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just want to say for anyone debating about going with xenondepot I highly recommend it I chose not to and to got em off of fleabay and so far I have had to replace 2 bulbs. I ordered 4 sets 2 h11's and 2 h3's as for 2 vehicles and the color temp on each is diffrent all though they are all supposed to be 8000k. I had problems in the beginning as they came with no relays and will not install without relays and called Steve to ask a general question as the person I got them from lied to me even after Steve knew I did not get the kits from him and I was not going to be buying anything at that time if I did not need to he went out of his way to understand the problem and attempt to fix it even emailed me pictures of what it would look like.

So all in all I have had the kits for 2 months and spent approximately $225.00 per kit now with fuse relays and replacement parts which are supposedly under warranty (only problem with warranty is company has to respond).

I will not make that mistake again.

To sum it up Steve and the quality of the product makes it worth the price.

Last edited by NexVision; 10-26-07 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-26-07, 10:25 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Steve,

Is there a discount code for Club Lexus members? Also, I remember a while back, you had a free shipping promotion, are you going to have another one again soon?

Thanks
Old 10-26-07, 10:28 AM
NexVision
Rookie

Or what about a trade in your old crap for a discount.
Old 10-26-07, 12:46 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks NexVision. I appreciate you taking the time to post this. Unfortunately, I get customers emailing me on a regular basis with this same exact story.

Guys, send me a PM with whatever you need and I will do my best to work with you.

Steve
Old 10-26-07, 07:14 PM
chocolee
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Hid Kit

The Pics Are Nice. I Have A 2003 Gx470 That Is Need Of Hid Kit. Did You Purchase Your Kit Online? If So, What Site?

Good Job:
Old 10-27-07, 07:33 AM
jditom
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chocolee
The Pics Are Nice. I Have A 2003 Gx470 That Is Need Of Hid Kit. Did You Purchase Your Kit Online? If So, What Site?

Good Job:
See post above yours!

www.KBcarstuff.com
Old 10-28-07, 02:22 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Hi chocolee

Your vehicle uses an H11 bulb for the low beams meaning that you would need to order an h11 HID Conversion kit.

Please email me at info@xenondepot.com and I will be glad to help you out.

Steve
Old 11-04-07, 07:33 AM
BurgBoxstr
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Steve-
Got my 5K kit this week and installed yesterday. WOW!
Install took a little over 1 hour while taking my time and all looks good! As a precaution, I
aimed my lights down a bit since there is such a dramatic increase in light output.
I'll probably re-raise a bit soon but for the first night run I was highly impressed
w/ the difference. Instructions didn't really have any tips on bulb break-in. On first ignite,
they were dull (to be expected) and seem to been getting to full brightness quicker each time.
Any suggestions/tips/recommendations?

Admittedly, I tend to be a bit more 'neat' (**** as others may call it ) when in comes to
installing aftermarket items. But, for some constructive criticism....

Since you make these kits to fit many applications and configurations it's undoubtedly tough
to have "one size fits all". Between the relay, ballast and ignitors, there is plenty
of wire. However, the fused power lead to connect to the battery is a tad tight/short -
especially on a vehicle as big as our GXs when coming from the passenger side.

I put my passenger side relay on the fender wall using the existing ground bolt.
My goal was to route passenger side lead with the driver side (especially since the
fuse capsules are linkable - nice touch BTW) and take it around back of battery.
This way, the fuses would be next to each other and the lines could be zip-tied
together w/ the battery's cables. Unfortunately, my kit did not have enough lead so
I have the passenger side crossing over top the battery. A little disappointing .
Looks like tyoung88 had same issue in his kit based on his picture....

All in all though.... kit looks good and so far.... 2
very impressed w/ the results.

Thanks!
Old 11-05-07, 05:19 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this. I do appreciate the constructive criticism. You are 100% right. With so many makes and types of vehicles its hard to make a one size fits all. However, I will pass on your suggestions and see about getting a little more slack.

Glad to hear you are satisfied with the product though =)

Enjoy!

Steve
Old 11-08-07, 08:52 AM
jditom
Pole Position

Installed mine last night in about 2.5 hours. Hardest part was deciding where to drill holes and where to zip tie the cables. Very nice job. Appriciate the prior posts with pics. I also had problems with the connection the the green plug. One side poped out when pushing on it. The other side the internal pins folded and did not make a connection. Other than that it looks OEM. Nice bright white light like my old X5 and wife's RX.

A must have mod IMO.

I also upgraded fogs and highbeams to S Silverstars to match the white color. Otherwise they look so yellow compared to the HIDS!
Old 11-26-07, 12:10 PM
jditom
Pole Position

Steve,
The H11 4300 kits is working great after 3000 miles!
If I want a BiXenon can I order your 9005 kit to install into my high beams?
Thanks
John
Old 11-26-07, 12:41 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Glad to hear it!

you can install the 9005 kit for the high beams however the only thing to consider when upgrading your high beams are:

1) HIDs do take a second to fully ignite and reach their desired light output. In situations where you need to flash someone your HID hid high beams will not be very functional.

2) It is strenuous on the components to have them turned on/off repeatedly ie: flashing people.

Steve
Old 11-26-07, 01:07 PM
jditom
Pole Position

That could be a problem since I like to flash people all the time

Thanks
Old 12-11-07, 06:20 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Yes thats definitely a problem =) Glad to hear you're enjoying the low beams though.

Steve
Old 12-11-07, 06:59 AM
jditom
Pole Position

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Yes thats definitely a problem =) Glad to hear you're enjoying the low beams though.

Steve
Steve,
I use to have an X5 with bixenon's and I do not believe the high beams were delayed? Is that possible or is my memory failing me again

John

Quick Reply: Xenon Depot - 4300K Xtreme HID - Install w/Pics (no 56k)