GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models
View Poll Results: which 3 row suv will you guys buy?..why?
gx470
43.75%
'07 bmw x5
29.46%
upcoming jx?
13.39%
mb gl450
5.36%
q7
4.46%
srx
0%
escalade
2.68%
lr3
0.89%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

'07 bmw x5 or gx or upcoming jx?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-06, 10:40 AM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by malhokc

Anyone has pictures of JX
No picture, but:

~ Cap
Attached Thumbnails '07 bmw x5 or gx or upcoming jx?-jx.gif  
Old 10-19-06, 10:59 AM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Capirato

No picture, but:
Should be similar.

~ Cap
Attached Images  
Old 10-19-06, 06:26 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TexasGS
I think we are going to go drive the new GX this weekend. The local lexus dealer has one with some sort of stablizing control? Suppose to help with the handling a bit. Do you know anything about that?
If that is the KDSS, I have never seen one here in NJ, but there are many on this board that swear by it. Do a search for it on this forum and you will see many reviews and members that would only own a GX with it.

I'm surprised you were able to find one - mostly there are stories by people who practicially had to threaten their dealers to even look for one. I'm personally not too keen on buying something that rare and that local dealers have no experience fixing. However, I have not heard of problems.
Old 10-20-06, 11:13 AM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverLady
If that is the KDSS, I have never seen one here in NJ, but there are many on this board that swear by it. Do a search for it on this forum and you will see many reviews and members that would only own a GX with it.

I'm surprised you were able to find one - mostly there are stories by people who practicially had to threaten their dealers to even look for one. I'm personally not too keen on buying something that rare and that local dealers have no experience fixing. However, I have not heard of problems.
Here is one pre-owned that is local to me.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...3&aff=national

We are going to take a test drive in it next Tuesday. I will post back my opinion on the KDSS.
Old 10-25-06, 10:56 PM
sayadil
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Capirato
No picture, but:

~ Cap
Lexus jX mite look like this... its the next Landcruiser.
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/09/13/s...-land-cruiser/
Old 10-26-06, 06:28 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

JX is suppose to be a more compact crossover SUV on the lines of the X3 and Acura RDX, Acura MDX is more of a comparison with the X5 and GX
Old 10-26-06, 06:49 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasGS
Yea, I would like to know everyones opinion on this as well. My wifes X5 is off lease in December so we have been looking. We would really like a 3rd row seat. She has driven the Q7 at the Audi event this past summer. They had a Lexus GX and a Volvo XC90 there to compare it to and the Q7 was hands down the best handling and most responsive of them. Unfortunately the GX got the worst marks for handling but the interior is very nice. My wife really wants the GX but after driving it along side the Q7 it is hard to really go that way. She just drove the new MB GL470 and really, really likes it. Not crazy about the way the exterior looks but the thing drives great and really excellent fit and finish. So we are presently in the same situation as to what to buy. I read a post in the LX forum about comparing the new MB GL to the LX. Some really good stuff in there. I think we can get a good deal on the GX since they are not selling as crazy as they once did. I think we would buy the GL if they were not so new and they offered some better deals. The new X5 right now is out of the question because the one we have right now is way to stiff to drive around with kids in the back. The new, longer wheelbase X5 may have improved that. She also went to the Acura dealer to look at the new MDX with the 3rd row seating. Apparently it is not out yet but the pricing seems good. As of right now the GL is top on our list with the GX or LX second and waiting on driving the new X5 and MDX. We even may look at the Lincoln Navigator. I know...why? Well my father retired from Ford and I can get A Plan pricing on it. So I can get a big SUV at the best price doing that. It will be good to hear what others have to say about this.
The Lexus GX470 and LX470 and the Toyota Landcruiser and 4runner are Real SUV's these are body on frame SUV's and the Landcruiser and LX470 are even more so. If you look under a Landcrusier or LX470 you will see that there isn't anything sticking down that can be ripped off when you go off road. The current LC/LX470 is still a vehicle that can take it in the OZ outback and get you home alive. These others you are looking at are just "station wagons". If you are interested in the MDX or Q7 or X5 why not look at a good station wagon or AWD car, you will get better handling, performance and save money. If you want a vehicle that will last and be dependable for years and take you off road camping etc. then get the GX or LX470. Your comparing apples and oranges.
Old 10-26-06, 07:30 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

one look at the new navigators exterior/interior design will make you wish you never glimpsed something so abominable and unthinkable

MDX according to the brochure can pull .85g lateral with the sport package (adaptive suspension) so if you are concerned about handling the MDX should be a worthy contender and far under and price of any X5 or Q7

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 10-26-06 at 07:35 AM.
Old 10-27-06, 12:20 AM
sayadil
Pole Position

Default Hey

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
JX is suppose to be a more compact crossover SUV on the lines of the X3 and Acura RDX, Acura MDX is more of a comparison with the X5 and GX

Don't know if you know but Lexus JX is being made of existing Toyota Sequoia platform So its definately not X3 or RDX group. ALso it will be replacing LX. They can't replace LX with a small compact SUV.
Old 10-30-06, 06:17 AM
sayadil
Pole Position

i found this pic through another forum.. crazy looking .. suppose to be JX but looks more like GX 470 MOD.
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/lexus/l...g/8/99-39w.jpg
Old 10-30-06, 06:19 AM
sayadil
Pole Position

this one's the new landcruiser for sure.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphoto...ta-landcruiser
Old 10-30-06, 06:28 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by sayadil
this one's the new landcruiser for sure.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphoto...ta-landcruiser
This one makes sense.
Old 10-30-06, 10:23 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I guess no one really know for sure yet.
Old 10-31-06, 07:50 PM
bgsntth
Rookie

Our GX 470's lease is up in June, and my wife has informed me that her next truck will not serve for "ranch truck" duties. She really wanted the X5 when we leased the GX, but not being a true off-roader and having insufficient interior and head room (for me) ruled it out.

I showed her the 07 X5 photos, and she has declared it her next car, assuming the interior room has improved. I'm looking at a 2003-2004 Discovery or Grand Cherokee to serve as the "ranch truck".
Old 10-31-06, 10:50 PM
LexFather

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=246256

THread I started showing the new X5 review. I think it now actually weighs MORE than a GX at 5300 lbs. And in the review, they said the 3rd row seats were just useless.

Quick Reply: '07 bmw x5 or gx or upcoming jx?