GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

CoastalTech Blue Lockpick

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-06, 06:23 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum, PuPpYpWr!

I hope you enjoy your new GX! What options (nav, etc.) did you wind up getting?
Old 09-26-06, 07:16 AM
PuPpYpWr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

navi, rear spoiler, sport package, tow package
Old 09-28-06, 05:37 AM
tgergen
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Capirato
Silver Lady .....

One must put a "e" between Coastal and Tech, to get to Coastal's website.

www.coastalEtech.com

~ Cap
I looked at their application guide. I only see it for a 2005-2006 GX470. I have a 04....and I noticed you do as well. Does the Lockpick work in an 04? The webiste says not to try it in a model year that is not listed....I am confused...lol.
Old 09-28-06, 10:18 AM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tgergen

I looked at their application guide. I only see it for a 2005-2006 GX470. I have a 04....and I noticed you do as well. Does the Lockpick work in a 04? The webiste says not to try it in a model year that is not listed....I am confused...lol.
To my knowledge, non of the Coastaletech stuff works on a '04 GX.

~ Cap
Old 09-29-06, 11:47 PM
PuPpYpWr
Driver School Candidate

okie i just received my ultimate lock pick from coastal etech. now been reading in here that you plug it to the navi under the passenger seats but according to the instruction that came with it said to plug it to the bak of the monitor can some one shed some light please
Old 09-30-06, 01:57 PM
peterh
Rookie

The older style nav "I Agree" bypass went under the seat. The current Lockpick plugs directly behind the nav screen. Search the forums and you will find detailed pics on removing the screen to get access. It is a pretty simple process.
Old 09-30-06, 03:00 PM
PuPpYpWr
Driver School Candidate

okie i got it install video and the lockpick cable, but i think i might purchase the wrong one because, there are no place for the audio plug, this is what the gx came with when i bought it. navi, 6 cd changer in glove box, i had a local stereo shop install a flip down and it went through a fm modulator however if i turn on the dvd and view through the front monitor i get no audio at all. and there are no place on the back of the radio for the audio plug, the audio plug came with the kit doesn't fit any where
Old 10-01-06, 02:32 PM
peterh
Rookie

not sure how your aftermarket DVD will work with Lockpick. I would contact coastaletech and talk to Dave about that...I know they have two versions - one for GX's with the RearSeatEntertainment (OEM) and ones without. The version I have (with RSES) does not have any accessory audio or video plugs.
Old 10-01-06, 10:14 PM
PuPpYpWr
Driver School Candidate

i emailed cotaletech hopefully i get respond by tomorrow. the quality of the front monitor is awesome. lock pick is great i can dial with bluetooth from the car and enter dest while in motion. it does everything as promise. now all i have to do is get audio out when i turn on the dvd and we are set. definitely recommend lockpick for any one that want convient in their gx.
Old 10-06-06, 07:59 AM
commack4
Driver

Originally Posted by PuPpYpWr
okie i just received my ultimate lock pick from coastal etech. now been reading in here that you plug it to the navi under the passenger seats but according to the instruction that came with it said to plug it to the bak of the monitor can some one shed some light please
TAKING CAUTIOUS CARE IN TAKING OFF THE PLASTIC AND WOOD TRIM AS PICTURED IN THIS SITE, THE ENTIRE PROJECT TOOK 15 MINUTES AND WORKS EXACTLY AS ADVERTISED INCLUDING THE BLUETOOTH SCREEN ACTIVATION!

PS. DO NOT WAIT FOR COASTAL TO REPLY TO EMAILS.........THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS IN SEVERE NEED OF A WAKE UP CALL!!!
Old 10-06-06, 11:22 PM
PuPpYpWr
Driver School Candidate

got the adapter for the audio today will try to instal it in the am will post the outcome.
Old 10-07-06, 06:07 PM
Dr.2K
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Installed my ultimate lock pick this afternoon. Took 20 min. and works as advertised it is a great little unit. However, after the initial install I started up the GX and it said 'check system' so I thought I did somethig wrong. So I double checked everything and restarted the GX and everything worked. I guess it took a minute for the the GX to adapt to the new unit and software.
Old 11-08-06, 11:18 AM
lithoman
Driver School Candidate

Waiting on my ultimate lockpick. I ordered on the 30th got comfirmation next day. Have not received as of today. Emailed coastaltech two day ago on update but no reply. Has anyone attached an aftermarket rear entertainment system to the lockpick? If so how did the install go? Also are there good step by step intructions with the lockpick for add ons.

Thanks Ronnie
Old 11-08-06, 05:57 PM
commack4
Driver

Do search within this site for detailed pictures and a simple 15 minute install.
Old 11-09-06, 09:00 AM
peterh
Rookie

my only complaint on the unit is that if you throw the car into reverse quickly after starting (and backup camera comes on) before the "I agree" comes up, when you are back in drive and the "I agree" screen comes on, it will not recognize it and you have to manually hit the I agree again. Otherwise it is great for Bluetooth, nav override and DVD on the front.

Quick Reply: CoastalTech Blue Lockpick