GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

CoastalTech Blue Lockpick

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-06, 05:21 PM
rklages
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One more thing - I was using the prius plug in under the seat unit in my GX before the Lockpick - if you still have this setup, sell it and get a lockpick - I had no idea since I put it in when I bought the car, but tones of stuff didn't work right with the prius unit. Sometimes it would take a few miles before the unit would figure out I had moved at startup. In tunnels etc it would just stop tracking the vehicle and the voice guidance didn't work except to tell you that you arrived - the lockpick works great with none of these issues!

Rob
Old 09-10-06, 10:15 AM
mlbpbg
Rookie

Got my Ultimate Lockpick and it works as advertised. DVD picture on front screen is unbelievable as to quality. Rivals the picture on my DLP in my home theater.
Old 09-10-06, 08:28 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CoastalTech New Vendor

I just wanted to announce that CoastalTech has just become the newest vendor on ClubLexus!

That means, among other things, that they can come on here as a company and that things like group buys can be initiated in the vendor forum.
Old 09-11-06, 08:03 AM
mjdavis613
Driver School Candidate

i installed it was well...

ultimate lockpick 1 with RSES.... everything worked as promised except DVD... called Dave at CoastalETech...they shipped me a new one....

There was an issue with some of the DVD's not working in the front.. its resolved... I'll tell you when I have it all working
Old 09-11-06, 10:29 AM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Coastal e Tech

Originally Posted by SilverLady

I just wanted to announce that CoastalTech has just become the newest vendor on ClubLexus!
Silver Lady .....

One must put a "e" between Coastal and Tech, to get to Coastal's website.

www.coastalEtech.com

~ Cap
Old 09-11-06, 02:54 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Capirato
Silver Lady .....

One must put a "e" between Coastal and Tech, to get to Coastal's website.

www.coastalEtech.com

~ Cap
Thanks, Cap. They should also have an official contact right here on CL. I'm not sure if it will be the one on the vendor list, so I didn't want to post the wrong one if it might not get checked.
Old 09-12-06, 11:14 AM
peterh
Rookie

sounds like I was not the only one with the DVD not working...still waiting for my replacement unit...2weeks and counting. Glad to hear units are going in and working as expected.
Old 09-15-06, 08:21 AM
frederic
Driver School Candidate

It was Saturday (9/9) when first installed the lockpick and found out the DVD feature was not working so I sent CoastaleTech an email and left a voice message. That Monday (9/11), I couldn't wait so I called. I first spoke to Kelley who later transferred me to Dave. Dave knew what the problem was right away. Apparently he had just found out there was an issue specific to the GX470 with factory DVD in the center console. He simply had to make some software updates so that it would work properly. He said he would ship a new piece out right away. On Wednesay (9/13), I received a call from Kelley asking when I needed the part. I said if they can send it overnight, that would be great. Well on Thursday (9/14), the part was delivered (from FL to CA). I installed the lockpick that night and everything is working GREAT!

I really want to say that coastaletech has been excellent through this issue. They have provided prompt and professional service.

To further my experience, I had mentioned to Dave that I wanted to add headrest monitors and use the factory video out. He included a separate video plug with RCA output that I just had to plug into the existing wiring (like the lockpick). Best of all, they did not charge me for this. I highly recommend coastaletech.
Old 09-18-06, 02:02 PM
mjdavis613
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by frederic
It was Saturday (9/9) when first installed the lockpick and found out the DVD feature was not working so I sent CoastaleTech an email and left a voice message. That Monday (9/11), I couldn't wait so I called. I first spoke to Kelley who later transferred me to Dave. Dave knew what the problem was right away. Apparently he had just found out there was an issue specific to the GX470 with factory DVD in the center console. He simply had to make some software updates so that it would work properly. He said he would ship a new piece out right away. On Wednesay (9/13), I received a call from Kelley asking when I needed the part. I said if they can send it overnight, that would be great. Well on Thursday (9/14), the part was delivered (from FL to CA). I installed the lockpick that night and everything is working GREAT!

I really want to say that coastaletech has been excellent through this issue. They have provided prompt and professional service.

To further my experience, I had mentioned to Dave that I wanted to add headrest monitors and use the factory video out. He included a separate video plug with RCA output that I just had to plug into the existing wiring (like the lockpick). Best of all, they did not charge me for this. I highly recommend coastaletech.
I recieved my replacement as well it is working with a factory DVD and RSES

thanks.... they are a pleasure
Old 09-19-06, 02:00 PM
tommeyboy
Driver School Candidate

Do they have the ultimate lock-pick for the 2006 GS 300?
Old 09-19-06, 02:53 PM
Dr.2K
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Are these pretty easy to install and does it come with step by step installation instructions? I just ordered the ultimate kit. Anyone try the ipod kit? Does it work with the nano 2 gig?
Old 09-20-06, 09:05 AM
peterh
Rookie

Just got shipping notice on my replacement unit. Seems as if others have had a slightly speedier response on getting thier new units - as I am in my 3rd week of waiting for the replacement. I think I was one of the first ones that ordered these and Kelley indicated they were out of stock when I was in need of the replacement unit. I will agree, however, the customer service and reponse from Coastaletech has been good! I dont mind waiting so long as the unit works as promised - and sounds like the DVD issue has been fixed.
Old 09-21-06, 10:10 PM
peterh
Rookie

New unit arrived - installed 10min later and all works perfectly!!

It was totally worth the wait!
Old 09-21-06, 11:01 PM
Dr.2K
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to hear all went well! I am looking foward getting this done.
Old 09-25-06, 12:26 AM
PuPpYpWr
Driver School Candidate

well i just bought an 06 gx470 blizzard pearl. big switch from acuras and mazda. hehe, thanx to this forum i have learn alot about my gx. at first i was weary about making a big mistake on buying this car but my wife convinced me so i bought it. i have been looking at other navi bypass but it look as if too much hassle. gladly i ran into this thread and yes i just bought the ultimate lock pick tonite. going from turbo tuned 2 seater to a suv was a big jump for me. thanx to CL I am now at ease.

Quick Reply: CoastalTech Blue Lockpick