GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

CoastalTech Blue Lockpick

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-06, 06:36 AM
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wbh3
Geez, it's technology! Quit complaining.

How many times has Microsoft, et.al. ever got a product or operating system out to the public when they expected; and Microsoft has a whole lot more money and resources than little CostalTech. I'm sure CostalTech would like their product out on the market more than you would: it's called business and making a return on their investment.

You can either: 1) Chill out and wait for a product that works and be thankful they care; or 2) Make one yourself.

PS: There is the old standby where you rip your dash and console apart and rewire things. Go at it!

Complaining about a delayed technology product makes about as much sense at the silly polls from wanna-be GX470 owners who can't make up their own minds about a $50,000+ truck and what color it should be and what equipment it should have based upon what people who have a brain have researched and decided.

There, I vented.

Bruce

CV
Old 08-11-06, 06:49 AM
rtanouye
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blue Lockpick on its way!

Coastaletech home page states that Lexus lockpicks will be shipped August 9. Confirmed shipment by UPS tracking on August 10, with a scheduled delivery August 17.

http://www.coastaletech.com/index.html

Am I celebrating too soon???
Old 08-11-06, 12:56 PM
peterh
Rookie

My credit card charge just went through on mine - which I am led to belive means that the unit actually exists and is in process of shipping.

I did not get a confirmation of shipping email yet though - did they send you one with a tracking number?
Old 08-11-06, 01:03 PM
rtanouye
Driver School Candidate

Peterh,
Yes, see post #12 above. They also sent an email on August 10 confirming that the order was processed. See below:

"Hello
Your order will ship today.
Please let me know if I may assist you further
Kelley"
Old 08-11-06, 03:49 PM
peterh
Rookie

cool, thanks...I just checked thier site and saw the information on what they are doing. I guess I will wait for my confirmation of shipping email for my "ultimate lock pick" which should hopefully be coming soon. My order was placed about a week and a half ago and they did say shipping would take 2 weeks from order date - so we are stil on track.
Old 08-13-06, 04:38 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by wbh3
Geez, it's technology! Quit complaining.

Complaining about a delayed technology product makes about as much sense at the silly polls from wanna-be GX470 owners who can't make up their own minds about a $50,000+ truck and what color it should be and what equipment it should have based upon what people who have a brain have researched and decided.

There, I vented.

Bruce

WBH3-

Welcome to our (nondysfuncional) family on the GXforum and ClubLexus.

Our members here like to help each other out - that is the basis for this forum. We share ideas, request feedback, and willingly give information to each other regardless of who researched it.

Above all, we are polite and civil to each other. Disagreement and lively discussion is encouraged; personal attacks are against the rules. The rule details should be available through a link at the top of the page.
Old 08-15-06, 04:49 AM
rklages
Pole Position

I have been using the Prius Lockpick Version for a few months that just did the I agree override and input destination override - it worked great for me (06 GX). I ordered the new unit specifically for the GX with bluetooth override and video inputs. I ordered the unit 2 weeks ago and it shipped last week and will arrive today - I will post how it works later this week.

I agree CoastaleTech is not great at communication and doesn't answer their phone when I have tried or reply to email, but the first time it took about 1 month to get the product, this time 2 weeks and they don't charge your card until it ships and notify you on shipping. They definitely have room for improvement on customer support, but then again, they product would probably cost more to pay someone that knows nothing to answer the phone and reply to emails, so in my book be patient and get a good product for cheap money. If you have issues post here and you will usually get a response!

Rob
Old 08-16-06, 04:27 PM
scooterpie
Driver School Candidate

OK i am about to place my order. Am i correct in saying i want... the bottom one with DVD/changer? Because i have the CD changer in the glove box. I have a 2006, without the RES. But i have two DVDs in the headrest. But i also want to input my ipod as a video player and i want to play my music from that. Do i also need to add the ""ULTIMATE MULTIMEDIA IPOD INTERFACE for $119.00"" ? SO i would have to order both? Does anyone know/ already placed thier order? i called but no answer so i wanted to ask on here.

ULTIMATE LOCKPICK 1
Complete Plug-In Kit
$229.00

without factory DVD player/changer
PLEASE ALLOW UP TO 2 WEEKS FOR SHIPMENT
SUPPLIES ARE LIMITED SO GET YOUR ORDER IN EARLY

with factory DVD player/changer present
PLEASE ALLOW UP TO 2 WEEKS FOR SHIPMENT
SUPPLIES ARE LIMITED SO GET YOUR ORDER IN EARLY

Thanks all.
Old 08-17-06, 06:24 AM
SHOE
Driver School Candidate

Got my lock-pick in the mail yesterday and FYI it is not plug and play under the passenger seat!!!! You have to remove the navigation system from the dash to install the lock-pick!!
Old 08-17-06, 10:42 AM
loflin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SHOE
Got my lock-pick in the mail yesterday and FYI it is not plug and play under the passenger seat!!!! You have to remove the navigation system from the dash to install the lock-pick!!
I assumed (afraid) of that, which is why I posted 3 weeks ago, asking for install info.

In another post, CoastalTech responded it was easy and no wire cuts, but didn't post details.

I don't mind wire cuts, but I prefer to not dis-assemble a dash.

Can you post any more details on the install?
Old 08-17-06, 01:09 PM
Extiger
Driver School Candidate

Default Lockpick installation

I received my lockpick yesterday for my GX470. The installation instructions were for a Prius. It said to pop out the dash center speaker which provides access to the wiring behind the screen. They say a simple find the right harness unplug, insert Lockpick and rehook.

Has anyone successfully done this? Does the dash center speaker just pop out?
Old 08-17-06, 05:44 PM
rtanouye
Driver School Candidate

Default Blue Lockpick

I too received my Blue Lockpick today by UPS. Came with instructions for a Toyota Prius. Also arrived with a bag of Jelly Bellys, probably from Logan.

Installation must be done to the back of the nav system, which requires removal of dash. I wasn't planning on this, but from other posts, it may not be too difficult. I would have ordered it even if I knew about the dash removal...

Now, I have to find that dash removal post and find time to do the work!
Old 08-18-06, 05:44 AM
Lou19
Rookie

Just an update,

I have installed the Ultimate Lockpick and continue to use the Vais SLI Ipod Adapter. Except for a need to seperate the audio feeds with an isolator or switch, all is well. It seems they both send audio into the same input, so the Lockpick wins every time. There is a note about this, in the instructions, so I am not surprised.

I disabled the Vais "I agree" feature so the Coastal unit would do it. The Lockpick fires the "I agree" faster and does not seem to be confused by immediately going into reverse after start up. The destination and Bluetooth overrides have worked flawlessly. The Ultimate installs behind the monitor or screen, I was surprised by this - thought it would live under the seat next to the main unit.

I always enjoy that hard pull it takes to release the wood like trim around on the dash - right before you would hear a cracking sound, it lets go. Nerve racking, to say the least.

Lou
OIF VET
42nd "Convicts"
Never Forget
Old 08-18-06, 07:25 AM
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lou19
Just an update,

I have installed the Ultimate Lockpick and continue to use the Vais SLI Ipod Adapter. Except for a need to seperate the audio feeds with an isolator or switch, all is well. It seems they both send audio into the same input, so the Lockpick wins every time. There is a note about this, in the instructions, so I am not surprised.

I disabled the Vais "I agree" feature so the Coastal unit would do it. The Lockpick fires the "I agree" faster and does not seem to be confused by immediately going into reverse after start up. The destination and Bluetooth overrides have worked flawlessly. The Ultimate installs behind the monitor or screen, I was surprised by this - thought it would live under the seat next to the main unit.

I always enjoy that hard pull it takes to release the wood like trim around on the dash - right before you would hear a cracking sound, it lets go. Nerve racking, to say the least.

Lou
OIF VET
42nd "Convicts"
Never Forget
So you had to disable your Vais "I agree" function huh?

CV
Old 08-18-06, 07:42 PM
rklages
Pole Position

Totally bumming.

Got my Ultimate Lockpick this week and pulled the dash apart and installed it (pretty much a no brainer the plugs can only go one place) Ran the wires to hook to my rses (aftermarket) and got it all neat and pretty - turn on the key to try it out and absolutely nothing happens - the Nav screen is just blank doesn't display anything at all. I checked all the connections, checked for bent pins etc - all looked good unplugged and tried again and still nothing - totally dead. I unwired it all and plugged the factory harness back in without the lockpick and it works totally fine! Anyone else experienced this or do I just have bad luck and got a bum unit?

Got an email in to coastaletech - hopefully I will get a new one expedited out to me and not have to wait to get a replacement! I was using the Prius standard lockpick and I sold that, so now I have to push the button myself and stop to enter directions - it totally sucks!

Rob

Quick Reply: CoastalTech Blue Lockpick