GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Nav. Warning Message & Vaistech

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-06, 04:12 PM
Sub079
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav. Warning Message & Vaistech

I've just install the SLI in to my '04 Lexus GX470. Everything works great, beside one thing the Warning message. In the manual that came with my SLI there are instructions to active/deactivate the warning bypass message for the navigation system.
Here is what Vaistech included as a flyer.

Important Please Read!

(1) After a delay of five seconds, this product will automatically bypass the automobile manufacturer's on-screen warnings concerning use of the onboard navigation system. These warnings are: "Caution, Drive safely and obey traffic rules. Watching the screen while vehicle is in motion can lead to a serious accident. Make selection only while stopped. Some map data may be incorrect. Read safety instructions in Navigation Manual."

(2) Please pre-notify every driver of this vehicle of the content of the automobile manufacturer's warning.

(3) If you prefer that this product not eliminate the foregoing warnings, you may disable this feature by following the instructions in the owner's manual, or refer to instructions available on the manufacturer's website www.vaistech.com.

I did exactly what the instruction stated. I confirmed that I was in “Simple Mode” then I pushed the Disk Repeat button on my navigation screen. I heard the long tone coming from the SLI, I then exit “Simple Mode”. At this point the bypass function could be on the ON position or OFF position. I took out the car keys waited at least 10 sec. and restarted the car. I waited the 5 second (sometimes for a minute) since the warning message was still there I repeated the same process again. And again the warning message was still there. I did this several more times just to make sure I didn't do anything wrong. I also tried a number of other combinations leaving the SLI in “Simple Mode” and activating AUX IN. None of these combinations work. I know the SLI is acknowledging my inputs since it is making that long beep.

Does anyone have the same problem? Do I need to change a setting on my navigation system? Help please!

Thank you in advance.
Old 07-11-06, 05:02 AM
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sub079
I've just install the SLI in to my '04 Lexus GX470. Everything works great, beside one thing the Warning message. In the manual that came with my SLI there are instructions to active/deactivate the warning bypass message for the navigation system.

Important Please Read!

(1) After a delay of five seconds, this product will automatically bypass the automobile manufacturer's on-screen warnings concerning use of the onboard navigation system. These warnings are: "Caution, Drive safely and obey traffic rules. Watching the screen while vehicle is in motion can lead to a serious accident. Make selection only while stopped. Some map data may be incorrect. Read safety instructions in Navigation Manual."

(2) Please pre-notify every driver of this vehicle of the content of the automobile manufacturer's warning.

(3) If you prefer that this product not eliminate the foregoing warnings, you may disable this feature by following the instructions in the owner's manual, or refer to instructions available on the manufacturer's website www.vaistech.com.

I did exactly what the instruction stated. I confirmed that I was in “Simple Mode” then I pushed the Disk Repeat button on my navigation screen. I heard the long tone coming from the SLI, I then exit “Simple Mode”. At this point the bypass function could be on the ON position or OFF position. I took out the car keys waited at least 10 sec. and restarted the car. I waited the 5 second (sometimes for a minute) since the warning message was still there I repeated the same process again. And again the warning message was still there. I did this several more times just to make sure I didn't do anything wrong. I also tried a number of other combinations leaving the SLI in “Simple Mode” and activating AUX IN. None of these combinations work. I know the SLI is acknowledging my inputs since it is making that long beep.

Does anyone have the same problem? Do I need to change a setting on my navigation system? Help please!

Thank you in advance.
Wow, I have this unit in my 06GX and was not aware that it had a bypass feature.

hmmmm

CV
Old 07-11-06, 08:19 AM
32kcolors
Pole Position

Looks like the bypass comes standard and you have to make these changes in order not to have the bypass. Are you saying the bypass doesn't work at all or you're trying to get rid of the bypass?
Old 07-11-06, 08:56 AM
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Important Please Read!

Thank you in advance.
Do you know how to reverse this so it DOES turn it off? I think my dealer might have turned it off????

CV
Old 07-11-06, 10:44 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It sounds to me like the warning message bypass feature is ON by default from the factory. By following the instructions you described, you are turning OFF the message bypass feature, so this may be why you continue to see the warning message on your navi screen.
Old 07-11-06, 11:59 AM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Send your question to:
Technical support
info@vaistech.com

~ Cap
Old 07-11-06, 04:02 PM
Capirato
Racer

Default Yellow Mark

I sent your question to Vaistech. Here is their response.

Hi,
Do you have a yellow mark on the SLI?

Best regards,
Eugene Kaspin
VAIS Technology
phone: 720-733-2348
e-mail:
info@vaistech.com

~ Cap
Old 07-13-06, 11:36 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

hi, i have an 04 RX330 and am experiencing the EXACT same problem. everthing else is working great, but the I Agree Bypass is not functional.

p.s. i saw your posting in the Vais Forum.

i already called Vais about it and they seem to agree w/ me that the I Agree Bypass is only functional on certain Model years.

what i can tell you is that my friend and i did a side by side install. i have the 04 RX330 w/ GEN 3 NAV SYSTEM. he has the 06 RX400h w/ GEN 4 NAV SYSTEM. the bypass works on the Gen 4 nav, but not my Gen 3 nav. we even swapped SLI's temporarily while doing the install and my SLI performed the bypass in his car, while it would not do mine.

So I guess what i am saying is that it doesn't appear to be able to do the Bypass on Gen 3 Nav systems. Can you confirm what Generation you have? Gen 3 nav is the one in 04 that does not have bluetooth capability. (If you have BT, then yours is Gen 4 Nav)

Thanks.

ANd yes, i have the yellow sticker.
Old 07-13-06, 11:30 PM
Sub079
Driver School Candidate

I'm trying to activate the bypass system.

I have the 3rd Gen. Nav system (without Bluetooth).

I don't remember any yellow dot. But if you tell me what is the significant of the yellow dot is. I will take the interior panels out and check if there is a yellow dot this weekend. Where can I find the dot?

-Thanks
Old 07-14-06, 12:13 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

I'm trying to activate the bypass system.

I have the 3rd Gen. Nav system (without Bluetooth).

I don't remember any yellow dot. But if you tell me what is the significant of the yellow dot is. I will take the interior panels out and check if there is a yellow dot this weekend. Where can I find the dot?

-Thanks
if you purchased during the Group Buy, you have the yellow dot. if you bought BEFORE the group buy, then you most likely do not have it. in any case, they updated their manuals in June 06 for the information on the bypass, so if you have the June edition manual, then you have that functionality. (so you can save yourself a few minutes in prying the panels open again)

the yellow dot was placed on the top of the Unit where the blue and orange words are.

my conversation with Vais pretty much confirmed that they are not sure of the situation, and what it sounds like is the Bypass not going to work on Gen 3, b/c i took my unit and put it in an 06 RX and the bypass worked. so it's not my unit, it's my system.

let me know if that makes sense, and whether or not you purchased during the GB. thanks!
Old 07-14-06, 12:50 AM
Sub079
Driver School Candidate

Looking back at some of my install pictures. There is a yellow dot. I did purchased during the group buy. So I guest that option to bypass doesn't work on my Gen Nav System. That sucks!.

lexuslover, Thank you for all you're help. I hope they plan to have a firmware update to correct this problem. I hate pushing that "I Agree: button each time I start the car.
Old 07-14-06, 07:43 AM
Capirato
Racer

[QUOTE=Sub079]

Looking back at some of my install pictures. There is a yellow dot. I did purchased during the group buy. So I guest that option to bypass doesn't work on my Gen Nav System. [QUOTE]

Sub.....

The following sequence should work for the override on your 2004 GX, regardless if you have a Vaistech unit installed or not.

With ignition key on.....

Press on "I agree"
Press on "Menu"
Press on "DVD"
Press on upper left corner of screen
Press on lower left corner of screen
Press on lower right corner of screen
Press on "Override" and hold until a beep is heard
Press "Back"
Press "MAP / Voice"
That's it !!!

~ Cap

Old 07-14-06, 07:51 AM
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

[QUOTE=Capirato][QUOTE=Sub079]

Looking back at some of my install pictures. There is a yellow dot. I did purchased during the group buy. So I guest that option to bypass doesn't work on my Gen Nav System.

Sub.....

The following sequence should work for the override on your 2004 GX, regardless if you have a Vaistech unit installed or not.

With ignition key on.....

Press on "I agree"
Press on "Menu"
Press on "DVD"
Press on lower right corner of screen
Press on "Override" and hold until a beep is heard
Press "Back"
Press "MAP / Voice"
That's it !!!

~ Cap

isn't this the directions to allow you to input POIs and destinations while driving? Am I confused b/c I thought we were talking about bypassing the I AGREE screen.
CV
Old 07-14-06, 08:55 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

[QUOTE=CVsGX470][QUOTE=Capirato]

Looking back at some of my install pictures. There is a yellow dot. I did purchased during the group buy. So I guest that option to bypass doesn't work on my Gen Nav System.

isn't this the directions to allow you to input POIs and destinations while driving? Am I confused b/c I thought we were talking about bypassing the I AGREE screen.
CV
yes you are right. we are talking about the I AGree thing, not the inputting destinations while in motion.