GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Loosing Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-06, 02:29 PM
GXRick
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loosing Bluetooth

OK, Last week I bought a new Sony Erickson W600i cellphone and paired it to my '06 GX. After repeated attempts to transfer my phonebook, it finally took. No problems for 3 days. Made and received several calls via GX handsfree. On Sunday I could not get the GX to recognize my phone. The message was "Bluetooth Connection Unsuccesful" I tried turning the SE (Sony Erx) bluetooth off, then back on. I tried turning the GX and SE off and waiting a few minutes, then retrying. I tried several variations of this, then deleted the GX from the phone's memory. I paired the 2 again and everything worked fine for 2 days.

Now when I get in the GX, I get a message that Bluetooth has successfully connected. But after about 45 seconds, the connection is dropped. I can make a phone call during those first few seconds, but again, after about 45 seconds, the GX "hands free" goes dead. My S says it is still connected to the GX, but it aint.

Any thoughts or opinions on whether this is a phone or a GX problem?? This phone is listed on the Lexus web site as compatible.

Thanks,
Rick
Old 02-08-06, 04:26 PM
JohnAMG
Rookie

I have used Sony T610 and Moto E815 and none have the disconnection problem like yours. I would assume it is probably the phone issue.

John
Old 02-09-06, 05:49 AM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is most "likely" due to an interference problem, on my way to work and coming back home, I see this message for 1/4 mile stretch... My SONY Ericsson S710a, has FULL bars is this 1/4 mile stretch, but sometimes I get BLUETOOTH connection failed, or OUT of RANGE...

BUT, after the 1/4 mile stretch, I get full connectivity again, ergo, my conclusion about the interference...

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but my OH my, that W600i is ONE SWEET SWEET phone, would you mind my asking how much it set you back for??!??

PS. Don't give up, the bluetooth issues will eventually smooth itself out, just watch out for the interference...

-Alex
Old 02-09-06, 03:13 PM
Tony
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Its your phone

I would try a new phone tell your carrier you got a defective one and send it back for a new one.
Old 02-16-06, 11:40 PM
kurtman
Driver School Candidate

GXRick, it may not be an issue with your car. I lose my Bluetooth connection between my Blackberry and Motorola earpiece all the time. The Blackberry has a Bluetooth menu when I click the wheel where I can attempt to reconnect to my earpiece. The distance from the phone to earpiece is usually from my belt to my ear, but I still lose the connection while driving or sometimes even walking around.
Old 02-17-06, 09:16 AM
GXRick
Driver School Candidate

Last weekend I used my wife's SE w600i in the GX and it worked perfectly so, on Wenesday I swapped my phone for an indentical model at Cingular. It works perfectly and I particularly like how it mutes the music when a call comes in. That ML system sounds so sweet when loud. Thanks all for the advice.

Rick
Old 02-21-06, 01:12 PM
LuckyGX
Driver School Candidate

I have an LG8100 from Verizon. I got it and my GX paired just fine, but I can't get my phonebook transferred in via the Bluetooth, it disconnects the Bluetooth when I start transfer. Any Ideas? I also can't get my Treo 650 to pair. It shows paired on the device, but when I go into the phones listed for Bluetooth on the GX, it only shows my 8100.
Old 02-22-06, 07:28 PM
peterGX470
Driver

Default No Problem With Verizon Razr

I have a RAZR, alway kept it in my pocket never cut out or lose it connection.

My room is above the garage sometime I leave my phone in the charger and when i'm playing with my GX the phone in the GX still work, It range is pretty good. One time I was washing it out side while playing the music the phone in the GX rang and the music muted! the phone is still in my room charging, WOW!
Old 02-22-06, 09:24 PM
BobsGX
Racer

I have a Razr with Cingular and even when I leave the Razr in the house, I can still use the bluetooth in my 06 GX. Works great.
Old 02-23-06, 09:51 AM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Lucky,

There is a subset BT protocol/stack called OBEX, this is the protocal that is required when transferring data between BT enable equipment, I believe from other forums (PC and Pocket PC forums) that the OBEX stack was purposefully turned off by Verizon and in your specific case this is why you cannot transfer your phone book.

All,

NOTE: the OBEX issue and Verizon stated above, is just one issue, other phones from other provides (Cingular, Sprint, Nextel, etc...) might have this and other issues that prevent the phonebook data from transferring as well...

KNOWN good phones with GX470:

Sony Ericsson & Cingular:
S710
W600i
T610
T68i (Speakerphone works but no DATA transfer)
T616

Please add to this list if you know your phone is working include make and cell vendor as well...

-Alex
Old 02-24-06, 12:25 PM
!SPEED
Driver

Originally Posted by peterGX470
I have a RAZR, alway kept it in my pocket never cut out or lose it connection.

My room is above the garage sometime I leave my phone in the charger and when i'm playing with my GX the phone in the GX still work, It range is pretty good. One time I was washing it out side while playing the music the phone in the GX rang and the music muted! the phone is still in my room charging, WOW!
I was thinking of getting the Verizon Razr but wondered if it still has the phonebook transfer problem that most of the other phones do?

LS430 Ultra
Old 02-24-06, 04:17 PM
nineback
Driver School Candidate

Yes it does. Verizon has disabled this function. The phone pairs up and works fine except for the phone transfer.
I bought a used Ericson phone on ebay that lets me transfer a phonebook. That is all I use this phone for.

Tom

Originally Posted by !SPEED
I was thinking of getting the Verizon Razr but wondered if it still has the phonebook transfer problem that most of the other phones do?

LS430 Ultra
Old 02-24-06, 09:21 PM
!SPEED
Driver

Originally Posted by nineback
Yes it does. Verizon has disabled this function. The phone pairs up and works fine except for the phone transfer.
I bought a used Ericson phone on ebay that lets me transfer a phonebook. That is all I use this phone for.

Tom
So Tom, excuse me for being ignorant, do you just load your phonebook in the Ericson then go through the "handshake' with the Lexus without having to activate the phone with Verizon?
Also, which model of Ericson if you don't mind.
I'd switch to another service but all we have for providers are Verizon & Cellular one which is about to become Alltel.
Old 02-26-06, 08:24 AM
cowabunga
Driver School Candidate

The GSM based Razr V3 (Tmobile) works as well.

Actually, the bluetooth profile which enables phonebook transfer is OPP. OBEX simply allows you to upload/download objects (ie. ringtones, video, etc...) from/to a computer which is using the OBEX profile.

I have a Motorola e815 modified to enable OBEX and still have no way to transfer the phonebook to the GX because the OPP profile is completely missing in this phone's software.

On another topic, I would not be surprised that the OPP profile is there in the V3c and simply needs to be enabled via a seem edit. Check howardforums.

Originally Posted by lonewolf69
Lucky,

There is a subset BT protocol/stack called OBEX, this is the protocal that is required when transferring data between BT enable equipment, I believe from other forums (PC and Pocket PC forums) that the OBEX stack was purposefully turned off by Verizon and in your specific case this is why you cannot transfer your phone book.

All,

NOTE: the OBEX issue and Verizon stated above, is just one issue, other phones from other provides (Cingular, Sprint, Nextel, etc...) might have this and other issues that prevent the phonebook data from transferring as well...

KNOWN good phones with GX470:

Sony Ericsson & Cingular:
S710
W600i
T610
T68i (Speakerphone works but no DATA transfer)
T616

Please add to this list if you know your phone is working include make and cell vendor as well...

-Alex
Old 02-26-06, 10:37 AM
nineback
Driver School Candidate

Yep that is what I did. I bought an Ericson T616 off of Ebay. The Ericson T610 works as well. You can buy a prepaid SIM card as well off of Ebay for a few bucks. The account does not have to be active you just have to have a SIM card in the phone. As a matter of fact I was using an old SIM card that I had when I was an AT&T user before. The phone told me the card was inactive but bluetooth still worked fine.
This works fine. It is not like you are loading your phonebook everyday. With the Ericson you can load a single entry or the entire phonebook.

This site will tell you phones that are compatible ande give you instructions:

http://lexus.letstalk.com/bluetooth/bt_userguides.htm

I was able to find the instructions for the phone on Ericson's site.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Originally Posted by !SPEED
So Tom, excuse me for being ignorant, do you just load your phonebook in the Ericson then go through the "handshake' with the Lexus without having to activate the phone with Verizon?
Also, which model of Ericson if you don't mind.
I'd switch to another service but all we have for providers are Verizon & Cellular one which is about to become Alltel.