GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Glass Coverage

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-06, 09:11 PM
TexGX
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Glass Coverage

When I bought my GX, I bought a glass coverage plan. It was $280 for 5 years unlimited replacement. Sounds great right. Well I got a rock chip in my windshield about a month after I had my GX. When I had one of my scheduled maintance appointments, I told the service guy that I had the coverage and he said he would have if fixed while it was at the dealer. The repair did not come out great, but I figured that I would get another one soon, then I would have the windshield replace. A year later, I have not had anymore chips, so I wanted to get the windshield repaired properly. I call the glass company to come out and look at it. When the guy looked at it he said that if was not thier work and he could not cover the damage. He check with his company and they could not find any records of them working on my truck. I called by service rep(the fourth one I have had since buying the GX) and he pulled up the records showing that I had told the service person and that they sublet the work out. It was about 5:15pm and I told him I would finish with the glass guy and then call back. At about 5:30 I called back and left a message for him to call me back. He did not. The next day about noon, I went up to the dealer (he still had not called) to find out who worked on my truck. The service guy tried to act cool, but could tell that I was not happy. After some back and forth, he met with the service manager. The service manager then talked with me. He had an attitude from the begining. I told him that someone had worked on my truck when I had it in for service. It should of been the company who's plan I had that they had sold me. I said that him and the glass company need to work it out and figure out who is resposible for the work. He told me that in no way was he responsible and he would not do anything if the glass company did not. I said that if the glass company proves they did not work on my car and the service guy had someone else work on my car with out my permission that HE WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE! He said that he would check into it and get back to me. Luckly the glass company decided that they would solve the problem and replace my windshield. It was the glass company not Lexus that provided the customer service. I highly recomend Auto Shield Plus if you live in Houston or Dallas (888-541-4106). They were very helpful and understanding. The service department at Northside Lexus needs to work on it customer service.

Secondly, I complained that the clunk was back in the GX. He busted an attitude and said that Lexus as said that a mild clunk is part of the GX and if I had a complant I should go to arbatration. He said that he could tell by sitting in the GX and rasing the rearend up and down if it was bad. We went out to the truck and the GX clunk each way he moved the rearend. It was very noticeable. I asked for his oppion and all he could say was he has seen worse but not that my was normal. I told him that we would revisit the issue at my 25,000 service.

I love this truck, but a $50,000 truck should not have this problem.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted people to know so they do not have the same thing happen to them.

TexGX
Old 01-06-06, 06:42 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You may wish to review this post regarding drive shaft noise on '04...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...eshaft+replace