GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Has Vaistech stopped selling IPOD interface for NAV equipped vehicles?

Old 01-05-06, 07:38 AM
db6
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Has Vaistech stopped selling IPOD interface for NAV equipped vehicles?

I went to their website and it does not have a "more information" button for the NAV equipped IPOD interface. The more information button is normally where the order form is. There is a note saying they are redesigning their video products which will be available Summer 2006. Anyone have any insight into this? Are there issues with the interface? Any practical alternatives? I received a NANO for Christmas and thought this would be the perfect use for it.

Thanks
Old 01-05-06, 09:01 AM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

DB6,

Heard a viscious "rumor" that the 06 NAV is completely redesigned and will not work with the current Vaistech unit, perhaps this is the confirmation?

Here is a photo of new NAV unit, any Lexus/Toyota with this new unit and the Vaistech will not work, hence the new re-design?

(PS> I'll find the URL link (text) that confirms the incompatible issue between Vaistech and current NAV model, BTW, it does look cool right?!?? DTS and Dolby Digital are supposed to be on board as well...!!!!)

-Alex

Last edited by lonewolf69; 01-05-06 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-05-06, 01:44 PM
jugdish
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Only the unit that integrates video as well as audio is being redesigned at the moment. The audio only option is still available.
Old 01-05-06, 06:55 PM
r210
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you flip the photo otherwise I'd have more problems then iPod integration with the steerling wheel over there
Old 01-05-06, 07:13 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts

Originally Posted by r210
Did you flip the photo otherwise I'd have more problems then iPod integration with the steerling wheel over there
That, or you'd be in Japan
Old 01-06-06, 05:14 PM
ADVocate
Pole Position

Cool The VAISTECH kit is getting better ....

Originally Posted by db6
I went to their website and it does not have a "more information" button for the NAV equipped IPOD interface. The more information button is normally where the order form is. There is a note saying they are redesigning their video products which will be available Summer 2006. Anyone have any insight into this? Are there issues with the interface? Any practical alternatives? I received a NANO for Christmas and thought this would be the perfect use for it.

Thanks
Let me start by saying ....

I recently purchased the VAISTECH kit for IPOD and the GX (a couple of months ago). They have redesigned their integration module. I have read in prior posts about the audio hum and distortion issues. When I got the new unit, I noticed that it now has imbedded noise filters. And you know what, they work great. I have zero distortion going into the ML stereo. There is still a software issue of losing audio when you start up the truck and it is on the "AUX" audio and not the IPOD audio. Toggling the inputs around until your back at the IPOD input usually resolves it.
The other very cool thing I learned during the transaction is that VAISTECH informed me of a new software mod that will be out by spring. They will sell the additional cable and supply the firmware mod which will allow the IPOD kits to convert the AUX input into an XM or SIRIUS interface. This will allow the unit to do both functions. The new VAISTECH module has a "data" connection port which will probably be used as a PC link to download the firmware update.
So far, I have been very happy with the installed product. I installed it myself using some tips that others have posted here, and it took just over an hour to install. Really straight forward actually. The only nerve racking part is the removing the "wood" trim pieces. And if your all wondering ... NO... those are not "real" wood trim pieces. Their plastic made to look like wood.
On my '04, it shows up as an MD unit and in the "TITLE" mode, displays the name of the playlist (I guess this has now been expanded to the first 10 playlists) and the song title.
By pressing the forward and backward steering wheel controls, it will change songs within the playlist. If you HOLD the forward or backward control the unit will change to a different playlist. Best of luck in your hunt .....

Last edited by ADVocate; 01-06-06 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Wanted to add an additional thought ...