GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

GX470 maintenance cost

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-05, 11:30 AM
flyfishman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could just take to your Toyota dealer - gotta be cheaper and they work on the same engines all the time - 4Runner, Sequoia/Tundra, Land Cruiser.
Old 01-14-08, 09:51 PM
dsmiles1
Driver School Candidate

Default Dealership Maintenance Service Cost

All,
How does the below 2005 price quotes compare to today's prices? Also, I did not see at what mileage the transmission fluid is changed. Looking at the list at each interval, it appears that this Dealer is focusing on items that are REQUIRED to be changed or inspected versus doing RECOMMENDED changes. Do others agree? I believe the prices although 2005 are higher than that in Dallas. I plan to check.

Dsmiles

Originally Posted by lonewolf69
Hi GS,

Here in NY (Long Island, Rallye Lexus), the pricing is as follows:

5K, 10K, 20K 25K miles (oil Change, inspect tires, rotate tires, etc...) least expensive service
$129.00

15K, 45K, 75K, 105K miles (Oil Change, Rotate and BALANCE, replace windshield wipers, replace engine filter, replace a/c filter)
$395.00

30k, 90k, 150k miles (All the above and Replace differential fluid, PCV Valve, Brake fluid fill and bleed, complete Engine Coolant replacement and inspection)
$595.00

60K, 120K, 180K miles (All the above and replace platinum plugs, resent engine base settings replace fuel Tank CAP seal,)
$999.00

All of the above also include the following:

loaner vehicle
car wash
road test
brake inspection
body inspection
tire pressure
lubricate door latches and hinges
update owners manual guide (only if requested, this is the dealer STAMP)

This was listed on the service brochure of my dealer...., I don't know if this is high, but I'm suspecting this is! How expensive is Mercedes, Porsche and others...? I've left out BMW, because there service is NOW free, but the catch is is BMW also change the maintenance shedule of oil changes to 15K ~ 20K or ONLY when the onboard computer prompts for service... Sheesh what decptive policy....

Good luck GS, I hope I didn't scare you off, especially if you can find LEXUS service for cheaper than the prices I've listed!!!

Hey, NY Lexus owners, how are Rallye's prices on service in the NY metro area, anyone get better prices for NY???!??
Old 01-30-08, 07:17 PM
dsmiles1
Driver School Candidate

Default Park Place Lexus in Plano, Tx

I just had my 15K service done at Park Place Lexus of Plano, Tx. The cost for required service listed in warranty manual is $245.06. They recommend doing a differential fluid change for an additional $85. I refused this service. I also decided to do the engine filter ($45) and AC filter ($85) myself. This reduced my cost from $245.06 to $130. This is still somewhat expensive but take in mind that $95 of the total cost is labor.

I actually took my car to the Toyota place a day earlier to see what they would charge for the 15K service and they stated ~$125 but the AC filter would have to be ordered from Lexus and would add to the cost. I elected to go with Lexus because I have $1000 store credit but I want to stretch this as far as I can.

Dsmiles1

Originally Posted by dsmiles1
All,
How does the below 2005 price quotes compare to today's prices? Also, I did not see at what mileage the transmission fluid is changed. Looking at the list at each interval, it appears that this Dealer is focusing on items that are REQUIRED to be changed or inspected versus doing RECOMMENDED changes. Do others agree? I believe the prices although 2005 are higher than that in Dallas. I plan to check.

Dsmiles
Old 01-31-08, 08:01 AM
BurgBoxstr
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As mentioned, it all depends on where you live. Some dealers are fair, others are not and competition has a large part to do with it.

Anyhow, most Lexus dealers now have a pamphlet w/ the listed maintenance schedules and prices. A 5K O&F at my dealer is only $59. Add in the engine filter, cabin filter and rotation of tires and for some reason it jumps to $159 Having said that, Lexus' prices are a steal compared to my Porsche dealer who wants $250 for o&f and jacks it to $850 when you add in the filters, visuals and balance the tires (can't rotate 'em either since they are directional and staggered).

Look at the maintenance schedules posted above, get your dealers pricing and figure out if or what you can and will do on your own (or elsewhere). Some are super easy DIY - i.e. cabin filter takes all of 1 minute to do and costs under $30. Others are not. It all depends on how you value your time.