GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

"Clear Bra" Installer in Chicago area?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-05, 11:56 AM
MarcP
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Clear Bra" Installer in Chicago area?

I've been researching the whole "clear bra" thing for my new GX but was wondering if anyone around the Chicago area has any experience with getting one installed? I'm looking for installer recommendations, comments, suggestions, etc. - thanks!
Old 01-21-05, 11:55 AM
Gohawks63
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MarcP
I've been researching the whole "clear bra" thing for my new GX but was wondering if anyone around the Chicago area has any experience with getting one installed? I'm looking for installer recommendations, comments, suggestions, etc. - thanks!
Don't know where you are in the Chicago area, but you could try this place. It's called Shaded Days. They're in Lake Bluff.

They were referred to me when I got the windows tinted on my Acura. They did a nice job on my car and were pretty reasonable. I didn't have the clear bra done, but the guy who referred me has an Audi S4 that they did both the tints and the clear bra.

They looked like they did a nice job, and the guy with the S4 is even more **** about cars than me, and he was pretty happy.

http://www.shadeddaysinc.com/index.shtml
Old 01-21-05, 12:00 PM
MarcP
Driver

Originally Posted by Gohawks63
Don't know where you are in the Chicago area, but you could try this place. It's called Shaded Days. They're in Lake Bluff.

They were referred to me when I got the windows tinted on my Acura. They did a nice job on my car and were pretty reasonable. I didn't have the clear bra done, but the guy who referred me has an Audi S4 that they did both the tints and the clear bra.

They looked like they did a nice job, and the guy with the S4 is even more **** about cars than me, and he was pretty happy.
Thanks for the input - I live in Plainfield but will check them out!

Hopefully someone in the greater Chicagoland area has had a clear bra put on a GX and can comment as well...
Old 01-21-05, 06:46 PM
luckylex
Rookie

Marc - Try posting in the Chicago Lexus Club in the Local Chapters section.