GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Prado Tail lights

Old 02-10-05, 08:50 PM
strat1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default no grey taillights

There are NO grey taillights. What you are looking at is a "taillamp garnish". They come painted (dark grey, white pearl, or silver) or unpainted. You can find these listed at Japanparts.com under aeroparts/body kits.

Under same heading, you also can find a rear combination guard but they go on to emphasize is 'unsuitable' with the rear clear taillights.
Old 02-10-05, 10:47 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default JAOS Prado Lights

Originally Posted by strat1

There are NO grey taillights. What you are looking at is a "taillamp garnish". They come painted (dark grey, white pearl, or silver) or unpainted. You can find these listed at Japanparts.com under aeroparts/body kits.
Strat.....

Thanks for the Website.

The Prado lights that come painted are by JAOS, # 065-005-047. The colors are White Pearl 070. Silver 1D4, Dark Gray 1E9.

The unpainted, # 065-005-048 look like they come primered gray.

The ones I ordered, before I discovered all this, are OEM Prado Lights. I posted what they look like, earlier on this thread.

Now, I am pondering whether I want to change my order and have them send me the JAOS type, since they come painted Blizzard Pearl to match my truck. The JAOS cost a few more dollars.

~ Cap
Old 02-12-05, 08:25 AM
et415
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are NO grey taillights. What you are looking at is a "taillamp garnish". They come painted (dark grey, white pearl, or silver) or unpainted.

Thanks Strat and Cap.

Just to confirm, even though there have been several references to "clear" taillamps, there isn't any such thing...they are all painted or primered.
Old 02-12-05, 09:50 AM
Capirato
Racer

Originally Posted by Capirato

Now, I am pondering whether I want to change my order and have them send me the JAOS type, since they come painted Blizzard Pearl to match my truck. The JAOS cost a few more dollars.

~ Cap
Too late to change now, the Prado OEM lights have been delivered to the OGIKUBO post office.

~ Cap
Old 02-12-05, 11:31 AM
LexFather

Is there serious interest in these? We can try to set up a GB with a authorized vendor is we gather enough interest.
Old 02-12-05, 11:56 AM
GS450h FTL
Driver

Default count me in

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Is there serious interest in these? We can try to set up a GB with a authorized vendor is we gather enough interest.
I am interested.....
Old 02-12-05, 03:23 PM
strat1
Driver School Candidate

Default received shipment today

Received shipment today of the clear rear taillamps from japanparts. Order was placed one week ago exactly so they arrived much sooner than I anticipated. They look so much better than the picture posted by me earlier. They also came packaged in a Toyota Genuine Parts package and have toyota markings on inside plastic (looks like the real deal!).

problem #1. getting old taillights off. I briefly tried today but won't have time until next week to really look at things. Anyone know how the OEM lighting unit slides out once the two inside screws are out?

problem #2. rewiring unit as the order of lights are reversed. Prado stop light on top while the GX used the bottom two. Also need to convert Prado bottom two clears to turn signals as Cap suggested previously.
The following users liked this post:
BigHead805 (05-04-18)
Old 02-12-05, 07:57 PM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

sounds like a good idea!!
Old 02-12-05, 09:16 PM
Capirato
Racer

Problem #2. Rewiring unit as the order of lights are reversed. Prado stop light on top while the GX used the bottom two. Also need to convert Prado bottom two clears to turn signals as Cap suggested previously.
Strat.....

I may wait until I get mine to determine how to set-up the lights.. I may leave the wiring as it is, the top as a Turn Signal as it is now and the two bottom ones as Tail Light and Stop Light as they are now.

I have checked and they make a 7443 fat wedge dual filament in Red.. For the top which has a red lens, I may just use a clear 7440 fat wedge single filament, which the turn signal uses now.

Let me know what you decide..

~ Cap
Old 02-13-05, 10:51 AM
Viking
Driver School Candidate

Pictures?!?!
Old 02-13-05, 10:57 AM
Capirato
Racer

Originally Posted by Viking

Pictures?!?!
Viking.....

For pictures go back on this thread.

I will post pictures, however, when I install.

~ Cap
Old 02-13-05, 12:17 PM
TimsGX
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Bulb Housing required

I received my lights on Friday. After you remove the two bolts, you just need to push outwards on the lights as they snap out of place - it does take just a bit of force. As soon as I got them off I, noticed that the bulb housing is different and will require new ones for all three bulbs. I have contacted JapanParts.com and I am awaiting a response . Looks like I will have to wait just a bit longer.........
Old 02-13-05, 02:21 PM
Capirato
Racer

Default Jaos

Originally Posted by TimsGX

I received my lights on Friday. After you remove the two bolts, you just need to push outwards on the lights as they snap out of place - it does take just a bit of force. As soon as I got them off I, noticed that the bulb housing is different and will require new ones for all three bulbs. I have contacted JapanParts.com and I am awaiting a response . Looks like I will have to wait just a bit longer.........
Tim.....

I think you received the JAOS type, of Prado Lights.. I am awaiting my OEM type.. Hopefully, I wont have the same problem.

I understand that the JAOS come in colors. . What color did you get ??

~ Cap
Old 02-14-05, 05:36 PM
Capirato
Racer

Default Jaos

Originally Posted by TimsGX

Tim.....

I think you received the JAOS type, of Prado Lights.. I am awaiting my OEM type.. Hopefully, I wont have the same problem.

I understand that the JAOS come in colors. . What color did you get ??

~ Cap
Old 02-15-05, 01:23 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

New Prado's are hot, I love the new ones... the top of the line model here in Australia (VX Grande) cost nearly the same price as a new RX330 lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Prado Tail lights