GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

December to Remember GX Deals?

Old 11-23-04, 10:49 AM
Jasper2k
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default December to Remember GX Deals?

Any word on GX deals for December to Remember?
Old 11-23-04, 11:31 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: December to Remember GX Deals?

Originally posted by Jasper2k
Any word on GX deals for December to Remember?
Hey Jasper,

I just talked to my Lexus Dealer here in NJ and he only has 4-5 coming in (last 2004 shipment) but most are already spoken for and only 1-2 are available, so with that little inventory on the 2004 and no more 2004s incoming, I don't think they will even be any promotion for leftover 2004 GXs here in NJ. The 2005s are on the way!
Old 11-23-04, 02:47 PM
Jasper2k
Driver School Candidate

Wow - thanks for the info, one of the guys here at work said his dealer called last week to say that on Wednesday there would be news that could "get him into a new GX within his budget." Dealerspeak for sure, but just wondered what it was!

Thanks!
Old 11-23-04, 02:56 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Jasper2k
Wow - thanks for the info, one of the guys here at work said his dealer called last week to say that on Wednesday there would be news that could "get him into a new GX within his budget." Dealerspeak for sure, but just wondered what it was!

Thanks!
Hey Jasper,

Maybe the situation in CA is different and there are still a good amount of 04s in stock or coming in or can be traded with another dealership at the dealer or at port. Anything is possible and my report is just based on one dealer in my local area that I always have bought from. Either way you can't go wrong with a 04 or 05 GX.
Old 11-24-04, 12:27 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

I just talked to my dealer and there is a December to Remember event starting right after Thanksgiving, so maybe there are better deals and lease rates even for a 2005! Check with your local dealer!
Old 11-24-04, 06:33 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

I'm scheudled to pick mine up on the #1 most popular shopping day of the year (Day after Thanksgiving). I am having Lexus finance about 50% of the truck in my business name. I'd be VERY interested in any purchase discounts that are in the works (such as Zero % interest for X months). This will be the first forum I check on Friday before driving there. Please post any info anyone learns ASAP as it just may save me some cash!
Old 11-26-04, 07:26 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by bunka
I'm scheudled to pick mine up on the #1 most popular shopping day of the year (Day after Thanksgiving). I am having Lexus finance about 50% of the truck in my business name. I'd be VERY interested in any purchase discounts that are in the works (such as Zero % interest for X months). This will be the first forum I check on Friday before driving there. Please post any info anyone learns ASAP as it just may save me some cash!
The Fed raised short-term interest rates a little while ago, but those rates don't apply to financing for durable goods, automobiles, and mortgages. Money is still relatively cheap. In October I financed about 60% of the cost of my `04 GX for 3.5% through my credit union. Call some banks/credit unions in your area to see what they're offering. If your down-payment is about 50% of the cost, you should get a fairly competitive rate on the financing end.

Good luck!
Old 11-28-04, 05:45 PM
orclex
Driver School Candidate

My sale guy confirmed it yesterday. Special leasing and APR terms are in effect. As for the details, I will probably find out when I get my credit app. processed.

FYI- I Cut a deal yesterday on an 05 to be delivered around Christmas (2nd allocation) $3000 above invoice. I guess this is in line with what people started a while ago in Chicago. Anyone getting a better deal?
Old 12-02-04, 01:53 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by orclex
My sale guy confirmed it yesterday. Special leasing and APR terms are in effect. As for the details, I will probably find out when I get my credit app. processed.

FYI- I Cut a deal yesterday on an 05 to be delivered around Christmas (2nd allocation) $3000 above invoice. I guess this is in line with what people started a while ago in Chicago. Anyone getting a better deal?
Orclex, Congrats on your new purchase. For my reference, what does 3K over invoice equate to discount off MSRP? Also keep us updated on the Special Lease and APR terms for December to Remember that you found out from your dealer. I have been quoted a lease price from my dealer during this December to Remember event, but not sure how much I am actually saving at this time.
Old 12-02-04, 08:09 AM
orclex
Driver School Candidate

That's about $4,000 off MSRP for a loaded one (everything except KDSS). No new info yet on special lease and APR terms.
It looks like it's possible to get $2,000 over invoice according to a new thread (2005 GX Pricing). I guess 04's will be deeply discounted pretty soon, if they're not already as we speak.

Thanks,
Old 12-02-04, 10:40 AM
thurstonh3
Driver School Candidate

Please everyone....shop around!!! $500 to 1000 over invoice is common. You may need to shop the dealers out of your market...but I would think that saving a couple G's is worth it.
Old 12-02-04, 10:48 AM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally posted by orclex
That's about $4,000 off MSRP for a loaded one (everything except KDSS). No new info yet on special lease and APR terms.
It looks like it's possible to get $2,000 over invoice according to a new thread (2005 GX Pricing). I guess 04's will be deeply discounted pretty soon, if they're not already as we speak.

Thanks,
04's are a little over $5K off MSRP. I know, I just bought one. Some are saying they are getting $500 over but after examining their deals, it appears that there are a number of add-ons and the figures end up being about the same. Mine was 10/04 build with everything except KDSS. Retail of$51,443, Purchase price of $46,409.
Old 12-02-04, 10:48 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by thurstonh3
Please everyone....shop around!!! $500 to 1000 over invoice is common. You may need to shop the dealers out of your market...but I would think that saving a couple G's is worth it.
For `04s, yes; but not for `05s. I paid $1K over invoice for my `04 in October.
Old 12-02-04, 04:16 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally posted by LeslieRC
For `04s, yes; but not for `05s. I paid $1K over invoice for my `04 in October.
Leslie - What was your MSRP and what was your actual price (before taxes, tag, etc).
Old 12-04-04, 10:45 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by bunka
Leslie - What was your MSRP and what was your actual price (before taxes, tag, etc).
The Sticker Price for my `04 GX was $49,883; the sales price I negotiated was $46,883. Add to that amount fees for freight, taxes, tags, and extended warranty; subtract down-payment of $15,500; and I financed the balance ($36,200) with my Credit Union.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: December to Remember GX Deals?