GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Just got my Xenondepot H11 kit!!

Old 02-07-12, 06:16 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by weird60625
[IMG][/IMG]
I bet you it's dimmer than the 4300K philips bulbs. good luck with your set.
Old 02-07-12, 08:54 PM
sidwin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just did mine. i'll guess i'll do the fog lights too.
Attached Thumbnails Just got my Xenondepot H11 kit!!-img_0049.jpg   Just got my Xenondepot H11 kit!!-img_0048.jpg  
Old 02-13-12, 05:47 PM
sidwin
Pole Position

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_3665wt_1101 don't hesitate to buy from these guys. great price and when i had a bad ballast, they sent me one out for free no cross-shipping either!
Old 02-15-12, 10:41 AM
Nathan H5
Driver School Candidate

I still have my Mars Performance Yellow pack 16,000K deep blue, lows & fogs and have never had a problem since I installed them in 2007. Although this kelvin does not have the lumen's of 4300K 0r 5000K, I love the color reflecting off other cars, signs etc. at night. I use Sylvania Silverstar halogens for the high beams.
Old 02-15-12, 11:28 AM
ROK
Lead Lap

I'll repeat yet again that my personal recommendation is to only go with Philips 4300K HID bulbs.

There are ton of $ poured into research as to why these companies selected 4300K as the ideal color temperature. You guys do realize that all that blue, yellow, purple, pink, magenta funkiness will tire out your eyes? As human beings, we respond best to natural sunlight and the 4300K Philips bulbs replicate this the best in the HID world.

Everything else is pure vanity, and in my humble opinion, makes the owner look a bit... clueless.

I recommend buying from Steve @ XenonDepot as an all around good vendor and CL supporter.
Old 02-15-12, 11:37 AM
clubsport
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

absolute garbage... the only eyes it will hurt are the eyes looking directly into the beam... for the owner/driver of the high voltage hid, it's a nice added vision aid

Originally Posted by ROK
I'll repeat yet again that my personal recommendation is to only go with Philips 4300K HID bulbs.

There are ton of $ poured into research as to why these companies selected 4300K as the ideal color temperature. You guys do realize that all that blue, yellow, purple, pink, magenta funkiness will tire out your eyes? As human beings, we respond best to natural sunlight and the 4300K Philips bulbs replicate this the best in the HID world.

Everything else is pure vanity, and in my humble opinion, makes the owner look a bit... clueless.

I recommend buying from Steve @ XenonDepot as an all around good vendor and CL supporter.
Old 02-15-12, 01:31 PM
chrisvr6
Lead Lap

why is my drivers side not firing off on startup when lights are set to auto??? driving me crazy! i have to turn lights off then back to auto to work. i got the 4300k volt kit. help!
Old 02-15-12, 05:26 PM
cdew002
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ROK is right on it being a strain on the eyes - its a pretty well known thing, actually. 4300k is the easiest temp/color on the drivers eyes.

Let's quit with the hating and act like adults. We can all disagree without being like a bunch of teenage girls.
Old 02-15-12, 05:55 PM
clubsport
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cdew002
ROK is right on it being a strain on the eyes - its a pretty well known thing, actually. 4300k is the easiest temp/color on the drivers eyes.

Let's quit with the hating and act like adults. We can all disagree without being like a bunch of teenage girls.
oh man, now you too? alright man i am just gonna have to bring out my can of woopin':

brightness is very subjective: some people will adjust their laptop or ipad to full blast and say it's fine, where as some people will set theirs at half point and say it's fine - who's right? who's wrong? when u can answer that then you let me know and i will tell you whether i am right or wrong... anyway as you go up higher in K's the bluer it gets but 6K is still pretty white and ok... when you go 10K that's when people in oncoming traffic will be pissed and flash at you... 6K is so common it's good for those dark allies or highways with lots of bends... that being said, don't make me come over to your house man...
Old 02-15-12, 06:34 PM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisvr6
why is my drivers side not firing off on startup when lights are set to auto??? driving me crazy! i have to turn lights off then back to auto to work. i got the 4300k volt kit. help!

Chris,

If you're still under warranty, contact Steve.
Old 02-15-12, 07:24 PM
Ancient
Pole Position

chrisvr6 It is most likely a loose connection on the drivers side. Switch the bulbs furst. Then you will know if it is the bulb. If it still acts the same with the light bulbs switched, it is loose wiring/ connection, or one of the drivers side components.

Both lights should fire at the same time, auto or manual.
Old 02-16-12, 05:28 AM
chrisvr6
Lead Lap

my last cheapo hids started doing that on passenger side, which was why i bought the $100 lights. do i need the $200 kit?
Old 02-16-12, 09:21 AM
cdew002
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha. Sorry club.

It's not the brightness of the light that strains the eyes, but rather the color of the light. Computers, iPhones, etc all produce a bluish light, and the strain you experience after prolonged exposure to those devices is similar to a long road trip with the bluer headlights. Facts is facts, amigo.

If your iPhone is jailbroken, you can download an app called f.lux that will change the blue to a warmer color (not the same as brightness).
Old 02-16-12, 12:09 PM
clubsport
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cdew002
Haha. Sorry club.

It's not the brightness of the light that strains the eyes, but rather the color of the light. Computers, iPhones, etc all produce a bluish light, and the strain you experience after prolonged exposure to those devices is similar to a long road trip with the bluer headlights. Facts is facts, amigo.

If your iPhone is jailbroken, you can download an app called f.lux that will change the blue to a warmer color (not the same as brightness).
no issue man, just 6k hid will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, some with more blue than others and some it's blue only on start up but completely white a later... but in bad weather you will be glad you have 6k hid vs 4.3k because your sight of vision is greatly improved more brightness... but anyway i don't see too many people complaining 6k is too bright... do 5k is ok too and that's what i use most of the time
Old 02-16-12, 01:25 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by clubsport
no issue man, just 6k hid will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, some with more blue than others and some it's blue only on start up but completely white a later... but in bad weather you will be glad you have 6k hid vs 4.3k because your sight of vision is greatly improved more brightness... but anyway i don't see too many people complaining 6k is too bright... do 5k is ok too and that's what i use most of the time
How many more times do the informed users have to chime in for you to get clued in that your barney 6K bulbs throw out less light than 4300K? And then 6K is better than 4300K in bad weather? Did you get this off of a facebook post?

Toyota, BMW, Audi, Hyundai, Honda source their HID bulbs from all but a handful of vendors. This includes Philips which is resold by a CL vendor as a plug-and-play kit. Manufacturer to manufacturer? I challenge you to do something actually substantive. List out these manufacturers that you reference.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just got my Xenondepot H11 kit!!