GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Lexus Link Not Active

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-03, 08:56 PM
tcesario
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Link Not Active

Does anyone know if you can do a "just in time" Lexus Link Subscription? What I mean is that since my LL has recently expired, in the future can I activate it immediately (and pay for the year's subscription) if I had to, like if my GX was stolen?

Also, now that LL is not active, if my airbags deploy, I guess Lexus wont be calling for assistance on my behalf?

So, is there any functionality to LL when you don't subscribe? I didn't want to spend the $1,200 on it anyway.

Thanks!
Tony
Old 01-22-04, 12:54 PM
tcesario
Driver School Candidate

I found the answer out to my own question today, and thought I'd pass it along in case anyone else was curious.

As expected, an inactive (expired) Lexus Link offers very little functionality. Basically, all they will provide you is with roadside assistance if you are stranded.

You cannot activate (renew) the Lexus Link from outside the vehicle for "just in time" reasons. So if, let's say, your GX was stolen, you cannot activate it just for the purposes of tracking your car. Additionally, they will not be calling to check up on you if your airbags deploy (though if you were in a wreck, and could manage to reach the "services" button, I imagine they'd call for help without requiring your credit card number first.) .

Tony
Old 02-10-04, 05:16 PM
lsfrankel
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus Link Not Active,cont.'

My LL subscription expired and the voice prompt went blank (I swear) a week after. I wouldn't bring the car in for the Campaign to upgrade it because I didn't want to change the silence I was enjoying. Three months later, one morning my car wouldn't start and as I was jumping it with a charger, I hear this voice. The devil, I think at first. No, even worse, it was Lexus Link, responding to my situation. No, thank you say I. As you probably guessed, my Lexus Link was back in full obnoxious mode to annoy me each and every time I turn the ignition, for the life of my car!!!! I think they will always help you in many situations. They can't ignore a situation that they are aware of.