GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Proxenon Releases HID Lights for the GX, well almost

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-03, 08:15 AM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

D4SSWME are thoes the proxenon bulbs or some other type??
Old 12-30-03, 09:03 AM
D4SSWME
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default other type

they were purchased from http://www.ekdg.co.kr/inform/comp_technology.asp

the company has a New Jersey distributor (Michael Kim)

I lost Mike's email but you can just send an email in the Contact portion of the site and request it.

Not sure but it may be mkim@fanteks.net
Old 01-05-04, 10:33 AM
lexusnc
Driver

I just got this responce back from proxenon about the H11 bulbs

"Currently, we have no issues of wrong base for any of H11. We still
contacting the manufacture of your complaint and request.

We will keep you notify until there is any resolution from the manufacture.

Thanks

Team ProXenon"

What gives? It looks like they are giving me the runarround!!!!

D4SSWME ,

Who did you talk to at Proxenon about the H11 bases being wrong? If it was an email can you quote it here so I can quote it to them in an email, letting them know I am not please at the runarround!!
Old 01-05-04, 10:51 AM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HID's

D4SSWME,

THANKS for the pictures and thanks for being among the first to take a chance on the HID kit. Are you happy with the light output and color? Which color bulbs did you get? If I remember correctly they had 3 different colors on that site. How easy/difficult was the install? (Please use a scale that will help others decide if it something they can do on their own (i.e. how mechanically inclined are you in relation to the difficulty of the install)

Now for the hard part - to convince the wife that I NEED HID's on the GX.
Old 01-05-04, 07:55 PM
D4SSWME
Driver

Default Hid Kit for GX

I LOVE it!!!

The color is the 7500K type so it is a bit bluish but not too blue.

Can definitely say its a hid color five seconds after you turn them on.

Michael Kim is extremely helpful and courteous to deal with.

At the time I had purchased the kit, Michael only had the 7500K in stock and I for one was a bit hesitant at first since I wanted the whitest possible light but as soon as the hids were installed and were turned on, I became a new believer to the 7500K color.

For those that want more info, you can PM me and I will send you more pictures as I could not post them here since it is too large. I can include the setup pictures that show how everything is connected to one another.

As for the installation, I took the sure route and had an installer put them in as I for one am not mechanically inclined.
Old 01-08-04, 02:17 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Message to Proxenon

The kit came with no instructions (my first kit back in Feb 2003 had a one page which was insufficient too).

The metal housing and bulb slide against the black wiring connector with the slightest pressure and certainly will not lock into position sufficiently to hold the entire bulb in place.

Additionally, the connector that connects the ballast to the vehicle's power harness will not fully slide all the way on so that the plastic snap can grip the connector's key.

All and all, the lights don't even turn on (I believe the connector to the vehicle harness is making contact).

I called and left two messages.

This kit is not of the quality I expected.

I am very displeased.
Old 01-08-04, 03:13 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Message to Proxenon

Originally posted by looknow12
The kit came with no instructions (my first kit back in Feb 2003 had a one page which was insufficient too).

The metal housing and bulb slide against the black wiring connector with the slightest pressure and certainly will not lock into position sufficiently to hold the entire bulb in place.

Additionally, the connector that connects the ballast to the vehicle's power harness will not fully slide all the way on so that the plastic snap can grip the connector's key.

All and all, the lights don't even turn on (I believe the connector to the vehicle harness is making contact).

I called and left two messages.

This kit is not of the quality I expected.

I am very displeased.
My mistake the Proxenon kit did come with a very nice manual. It must have fallen out of the box.
Old 01-08-04, 07:01 PM
D4SSWME
Driver

Default ProXenon

I would stay away from this vendor.

They don't reutrn phone calls or even answer emails.

Lots of issues still to be resolved.
Old 01-22-04, 03:34 PM
lexusnc
Driver

Well the saga continues, I just spoke to Joe at proxenon (I think he is proxenon, he is the only one who answers the phone), he now says the new H11 bulbs will be in by 1/27 and I should call back then. His story is that the H11 is not a standard bulb size and that the bulb I now have is correct for european cars that use the H11, specifically BMW. He said that the locking nipple is lager for the BMW and that is what they used to prototype the bulb. The Lexus H11 uses a smaller locking nipple and that shipment is what they are waiting on. Nonstandard H11's?.........sounds fishy to me but I continue to wait and see what proxenon will do, if they will make good on this. I'll let everyone know.
Old 01-22-04, 04:16 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by lexusnc
Well the saga continues, I just spoke to Joe at proxenon (I think he is proxenon, he is the only one who answers the phone), he now says the new H11 bulbs will be in by 1/27 and I should call back then. His story is that the H11 is not a standard bulb size and that the bulb I now have is correct for european cars that use the H11, specifically BMW. He said that the locking nipple is lager for the BMW and that is what they used to prototype the bulb. The Lexus H11 uses a smaller locking nipple and that shipment is what they are waiting on. Nonstandard H11's?.........sounds fishy to me but I continue to wait and see what proxenon will do, if they will make good on this. I'll let everyone know.
They tried to blame it on Lexus stating that they are not adhering to the standard.

My issue is that the bulbs spin inside the plastic. This seems to me like shoddy workmanship. OK maybe the niples are a different size, but if that is the case, the bulb should simply not spin anymore.

I am starting to get really fed up with this company. I attempted to do business with them starting back last February of last year. Enough already.

I think I will report them to the Better Business Bureau. The 27th sounds like another promise that will lead into 9 months.
Old 01-22-04, 07:49 PM
D4SSWME
Driver

Default Better Business Bureau

join the crowd, I already reported the Company last week

you two are being fed the same "bs" as I am
Old 01-28-04, 09:21 PM
D4SSWME
Driver

Default update?

lexusnc and looknow12

any updates as to your 01-27-04 commitment from ProXenon?

just curious as to what "bs" this company is feeding you now

what a joke!
Old 02-03-04, 03:43 AM
hzhao
Racer

Received 978 Likes on 565 Posts

Just FYI, The correct H11 for GX470 is in stock at ProXenon. I just ordered one and has been over nighted to me. I have an extensive talk with Joe at ProXenon and he acknowledged that earlier product has the wrong size of metal fitting ring on them. Since I have been their customer before and he gave me a great discount on the kit ($380). I can understand the frustration when things did not go right as we all would expect and like. But, I always give the vendor the opportunity for those who is willing to stand by their products and services and make the efforts to correct things, expecially in times it might be beyong their control in terms of product itself.
Old 02-03-04, 09:20 PM
D4SSWME
Driver

Default Geesh!

I wonder why Joey takes care oof yoou and not others like me.

Have also been a rep[eat customer of his and yet I'm getting crappy service.

I'm still waiting on a replacement ballast promised to me on Jan.2

What does that tell you?

got tired of waiting on ProXenon's H11 and I am extremely happy with Michael Kim's Hid kit.

Joey, if you are reading this, send me my repladcement ballast NOW!
Old 02-03-04, 10:13 PM
lyxxsx1
Driver

Originally posted by hzhao
Just FYI, The correct H11 for GX470 is in stock at ProXenon. I just ordered one and has been over nighted to me. I have an extensive talk with Joe at ProXenon and he acknowledged that earlier product has the wrong size of metal fitting ring on them. Since I have been their customer before and he gave me a great discount on the kit ($380). I can understand the frustration when things did not go right as we all would expect and like. But, I always give the vendor the opportunity for those who is willing to stand by their products and services and make the efforts to correct things, expecially in times it might be beyong their control in terms of product itself.
hzhao,

Would be so kind so post some pictures of your installation? I am sure there are other folks on here also interested of your finding.

Thanks,

Quick Reply: Proxenon Releases HID Lights for the GX, well almost