GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2017 GX Changes now Available

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-16, 05:28 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by DocT
As one of the posters indicated that captain seats are an option, I think it is good to have choices. I have 2 young children and every time they sit next to each other, there is a war. So having separate seats would be a better for a family like mine, family of 4. After all, it is a SUV, not a bus.
I agree that it is good to have choices, but I think that in order to get the Sport Design Package you have to get the Captain's Chairs (that's how I read it anyway on the Lexus website). So if that's the case Lexus isn't giving us a choice, they're forcing the people who don't want the Captain chairs to take them if they want the SDP.

Originally Posted by jjscsix
Those wheels look like the Luxury package wheels. I'm glad that I could care less about the differences. Saves me from wanting one.
You're right, those wheels look like the Luxury wheels. I don't know why Lexus wouldn't have changed up the SDP by including the F-Sport Design wheels, IMO that would have made more sense.
Old 08-22-16, 01:47 PM
tamermido1
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm waiting on them to post the brochure!
Old 08-24-16, 12:14 AM
CarGX460
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those who like the Luxury version, with all the exclusive features and options which come with it (Adaptive Variable Suspension, Mark Levinson, Driver Support Package, Power 3rd row etc) but if you don't like the captain chairs, then you are out of luck in the 2017 model. It is now an "imposed" feature.
The web pages have just been refreshed with these new descriptions on the main page :

or as in the features :

An other clue is the picture for the ML audio package, they have updated the picture using captain chairs only, since only the Luxury can have this ML option.

And finally, when you go through the Build your GX price configurator, you can find the $325 Captain chair option only with the Premium model, not with the Luxury version.
So if you like the Luxury version without the captain chair, you have no other choice than getting the current and final 2016 models.
Or get over it with the 2017 model.
Old 08-25-16, 01:06 AM
CarGX460
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tamermido1
I'm waiting on them to post the brochure!
The marketing brochure is not available online yet. But if you go to the Lexus Drivers site,
you can download now the 4 manuals of model year 2017 : owner's guide, quick guide, navigation guide and multimedia guide.
Enjoy the reading ...
Old 08-25-16, 01:17 AM
CarGX460
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Wonder if both seats are now movable for 3rd row access
According to the new 2017 Owner's manual, if you have the captain chairs, now you can move both chairs for the 3rd row people to get out from the left or the right side.
Page 125 : 3-3. Adjusting the seats : Moving a second seat for third seat access (right side only for 7-passenger models, both side for 6-passenger models).
I guess this is the only major advantage I see with this new feature / option, but I still don't like it (just personal taste).
Old 08-25-16, 07:54 AM
tamermido1
Pit Crew

Good call CarGX460. I found they offer cool box now on the 2017. It's a must option
Old 08-30-16, 09:26 PM
CarGX460
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tamermido1
Good call CarGX460. I found they offer cool box now on the 2017. It's a must option
Can you point on how you found that "cool" option ? I could not find it in the US online configuration (even by loading the Luxury version) ?
I thought that was a feature reserved only to our across the borders Canadian friends, in their Executive package.
This option would be very welcome during the hot months. Although that means you have to give up some storage space.
Old 08-31-16, 12:10 PM
tamermido1
Pit Crew

They have switched the manuals for sure. Because last week it had Cool box on there. They must have just updated it.

Last edited by tamermido1; 09-05-16 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-09-16, 06:21 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 817 Likes on 568 Posts

Standard sport package in Canada? No rear bumper option here....

Last edited by tecman; 09-09-16 at 07:03 PM.
Old 09-12-16, 05:15 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

[QUOTE=tecman;9613884]

Standard sport package in Canada? No rear bumper option here....
/QUOTE]

On the Lexus site, and in one of the posts on this thread it shows one of features of the Sport Design Package is the Sport Design Rear Valance. So I wonder if this is also what U.S. version looks like.
Old 09-12-16, 09:47 AM
daman7676
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Could they please stop adding crap to the bumpers? They've already made the approach and departure angles terrible with they new front end. Granted this little rear valance may not impact that any further, I just think it makes the car look even "busier" than it already is. K.I.S.S.!
The following users liked this post:
GrdnRxR (01-23-17)
Old 09-13-16, 10:55 AM
nolagas
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CarGX460
Did you guys notice also that the standard price for each model went up as well in 2017 vs 2016 : +$500 for the Base +$500 for the Premium and +$825 for the Luxury models, without any additional feature or function. So I guess this is the inflation cost ??
For the captain chairs, you pay an extra $325 and you end up getting less seating space for yourself, some lilliputian armrest, and the cup holders are now on the floor, stuck on the side of the chair, and they look flimsy on the picture.
The only advantage I see is for the 2 persons in the 3rd row, now they will have some extra space to stretch their legs between the 2 chairs.
And for the fans of the Satin Cashmere color (that I almost chose), then no more of that color choice. It would have been better if they added the new Blue, remove the Red Claret Mica, which makes the car look like a ticket magnet ;-) and keep the Satin Cashmere.
The captains chairs would have been great for me. Access to the third row is terrible in the GX. I either have to leave half the third row down and have someone climb in from the back
or a kid has to climb over the second row bench. With captains chairs my 3 kids could all climb in the same side door which would be very nice. I actually bought my GX for my wife and
had to (chose to?) get her a Tahoe with captains chairs when we had our third kid because the lexus third row was so hard to use. On the plus side I now have a GX.
Old 10-22-16, 12:54 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

I was driving by my local Lexus dealer and the rear sport bumper caught my eye. It definitely stands out on black.

There is a thin rubber strip on the added trim to give it a better seam. How well will that hold up?

GX and LX comparison.

A rare find, this is the first one I have seen. It has a nice metallic look.

Looks black at some angles.
Old 10-23-16, 02:46 PM
CarGX460
Driver School Candidate

Nice pics tecman. I agree that the Black color showcases much better the front grille. The Marketing guys should have used a black color model instead of the silver one for their ads on the web site. Did you take any close up pic of the wheels with the new gun metal finish by chance ? To see how they look like IRL.
Old 10-23-16, 02:58 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

No, but I can stop by and take some pics soon if it is still there.

Quick Reply: 2017 GX Changes now Available