GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2017 gx460

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-16, 07:00 PM
Kybriggs82
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 gx460

Is there current information not speculation on the 2017 GX460? What changes are there regarding redesign and electronics? When will dealers accept orders?
Old 06-14-16, 07:41 PM
Valley101
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2017gx

Best way to find out is to ask your dealer. What you find on the forum is usually someone's opinion and not fact.
Old 06-14-16, 09:13 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Here it is.

http://carreviewsrelease.com/2017-le...ate-and-price/
Old 06-15-16, 06:18 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

old article above.

there is likely nothing new for 2017. it may be redesigned or discontinued in 2018
Old 06-15-16, 11:25 AM
DocT
Pole Position

I don't think it will discontinue for this version. I think they will redesign (don't know when) with top back slope off, more sporty. And off course LED headlights.

Last edited by DocT; 06-15-16 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-15-16, 12:55 PM
bd5400
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by DocT
I don't think it will discontinue for this version. I think they will redesign (don't know when) with top back slope off, more sporty. And off course LED headlights.
It already has LED headlights
Old 06-15-16, 05:33 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 817 Likes on 568 Posts

Where did you get that idea? I never liked the slope rear on the RX. You loose cargo space and I don't think this adds a sporty look. The front and side gives the truck a sporty look. Practicality wise the GX has decent cargo space. Unless it it is extended in a future model, I don't want a slope on the rear.
Old 06-15-16, 05:57 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tecman
Where did you get that idea? I never liked the slope rear on the RX. You loose cargo space and I don't think this adds a sporty look. The front and side gives the truck a sporty look. Practicality wise the GX has decent cargo space. Unless it it is extended in a future model, I don't want a slope on the rear.

Yes, it would loose cargo space, they might compensate the cargo space by extend it out more, but how often do you stack things all the way up to the ceiling of the truck? It is just a speculation and it is not an official from Lexus. But the current style that I have seen from other SUV's, I believe it will be.

Last edited by DocT; 06-15-16 at 06:44 PM.
Old 06-15-16, 06:15 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Yes, it would loose cargo space, but how often do you stack things all the way up to the ceiling of the truck? It is not be an official from Lexus. But the current style that I have seen from other SUV's, I believe it will be.

2017 Lexus GX - YouTube
The GX fills a unique Niche. It's more of a Tahoe/Denali competitor for people who don't want a "Crossover". As far as design changes go, look at the new LX. It had a major makeover but stayed consistent with its past.
Old 06-15-16, 06:30 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bd5400
It already has LED headlights
I am talking about headlights like LX, not daylight driving lights.
Old 06-15-16, 09:02 PM
BornDriver
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am talking about headlights like LX, not daylight driving lights.
GX460 has coated lens LED headlights and foglights since 2014 MY. Some of the purest & brightest lights you can find in an Auto! And, not all LED lights are created equally, many not bright enough, nor with coating, just emitting some blueish color light.
Old 06-15-16, 09:11 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Currently all thats widely available is that the GX will continue as a 2017 model as is. Spy Shots, rumors are hard to find since Lexus operates differently then most automakers in that you basically will only see spy shots and hard rumors close to vehicle launch. Expect if anything is on the horizon to come out end of June or mid summer.

The 2018 MY is when things are unsure. Extended 3 row RX is coming out and if that happens no one besides Lexus Product Planners know what the future of the GX will look like. Will it continue life refreshed like the LX, will it be discontinued, will be as is who knows.

All you can do, is enjoy the now with one of the most solid vehicles in the Lexus lineup. Bug free for the most part compared to its marquee mates in the SUV/XUV.
Old 06-16-16, 05:50 AM
paui4m
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Would have to agree with this. Far brighter than our BMW.
Best lights I've had in any vehicle.

Originally Posted by BornDriver
GX460 has coated lens LED headlights and foglights since 2014 MY. Some of the purest & brightest lights you can find in an Auto! And, not all LED lights are created equally, many not bright enough, nor with coating, just emitting some blueish color light.
Old 06-16-16, 09:31 AM
daman7676
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Currently all thats widely available is that the GX will continue as a 2017 model as is. Spy Shots, rumors are hard to find since Lexus operates differently then most automakers in that you basically will only see spy shots and hard rumors close to vehicle launch. Expect if anything is on the horizon to come out end of June or mid summer.

The 2018 MY is when things are unsure. Extended 3 row RX is coming out and if that happens no one besides Lexus Product Planners know what the future of the GX will look like. Will it continue life refreshed like the LX, will it be discontinued, will be as is who knows.

All you can do, is enjoy the now with one of the most solid vehicles in the Lexus lineup. Bug free for the most part compared to its marquee mates in the SUV/XUV.
Would have to agree with this. I think once/if the 3 row RX does come out (which why wouldn't they, they've already got the 3 row Highlander they can convert), the GX's future may be up in the air. I think one of the reasons it still exists here is lack of a luxury 3rd row within a reasonable cost (as compared to the LX). With that said, they could very well keep the GX even if the RX comes with a 3rd row. It's not like the platform is going anywhere and they could probably still get quality profits off of it even though they may move a few less units.
Old 06-16-16, 10:06 AM
Valley101
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2017gx460

As I stated to the originator of this thread, you will just get opinions, not facts to this questions. Lexus/Toyota does not give the consumer new model information early.

Quick Reply: 2017 gx460